• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Phone bricked?

Search This thread

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
I flashed Ditto note 3 rom. They advice to flash the MJ5 bootloader.
Which i did and it failed, now my phone won't boot at all anymore, with the message:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue."

I came from stock 4.3.

Any advice would be very welcome!

S

sawdoctor

I flashed Ditto note 3 rom. They advice to flash the MJ5 bootloader.
Which i did and it failed, now my phone won't boot at all anymore, with the message:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue."

I came from stock 4.3.

Any advice would be very welcome!

What phone model do you have?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Please give us more information, what is your recovery model, do you have a back up? Are you stuck on a bootloop or u just can't open the device?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean with recovery model.
I can only reach download mode, recovery (clockwork) and normal boot result in the message:

"Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue"

[email protected]

Dec 13, 2013
I can only reach download mode, recovery (clockwork) and normal boot result in the message:

So your phone is NOT BRICKED you just can flash a new one ! If you have a backup just make a restore and that's it. Otherwise download a new rom and flash it via flashtool. So keep cool it is not bricked!

Reactions: Scalee

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
As firestorm said, calm down your phone isn't bricked, you have 1 thing to do and 2 options to choose.
1st thing is that you have to flash philz 5.00.5 so you can avoid any bootloops, now you can choose from flashing a custom ROM (after flashing philz of course) or you can restore your backup (if you have one)

With Regards,
Overdub

Reactions: Scalee

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Thanks guys, I had spent hours trying to fix it but i didn't make any progress.
Specially when you read that when downgrading 4.3 that it can enable write protection.

So you start to worry etc, But it's fixed now.

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Flash back MK4 or higher firmware through ODIN.
Then Recovery. Then some custom ROM.
And DON'T flash any bootloader, you could completely kill your device. MJ5 is needed for those who are still on 4.1.2 or old bootloader. You have newer.

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Thanks guys, I had spent hours trying to fix it but i didn't make any progress.
Specially when you read that when downgrading 4.3 that it can enable write protection.

So you start to worry etc, But it's fixed now.

Yesterday I was messing with the aroma dn3 installer and I ended up bootlooping, I simply Flashed philz 5 then wiped everything and installed dn3 again with no problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash back MK4 or higher firmware through ODIN.
    Then Recovery. Then some custom ROM.
    And DON'T flash any bootloader, you could completely kill your device. MJ5 is needed for those who are still on 4.1.2 or old bootloader. You have newer.

So your phone is NOT BRICKED you just can flash a new one ! If you have a backup just make a restore and that's it. Otherwise download a new rom and flash it via flashtool. So keep cool it is not bricked!
    As firestorm said, calm down your phone isn't bricked, you have 1 thing to do and 2 options to choose.
    1st thing is that you have to flash philz 5.00.5 so you can avoid any bootloops, now you can choose from flashing a custom ROM (after flashing philz of course) or you can restore your backup (if you have one)

With Regards,
    Overdub