[Q] Phonejoy Gamepad - What do you think?

Search This thread

zdubin

Feb 19, 2010
I just received my analog Phonejoy yesterday. Its truly amazing! BluezIME supports all sticks and buttons, but the emulators only support the sticks as digital. You won't notice the difference in most games. Tricky sliding movements for games like Street Fighter are much easier to pull off and many games benefit from having the second stick. I only had a few minutes, and tried Doom and Robotron with the second stick, sliding sideways, shooting in one direction while running in another etc. . You need to adjust the controls to each game, and you will have an experience that surpasses the original console version.

BabuSSA

Mar 30, 2012
Where To Buy Phonejoy

Hey,

Here is the link to buy phonejoy: phonejoy.us
I am hoping on getting one soon. :p

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
Thank you for reviving a thread that is one year old. Dont do it again please.

Am sure he doesn't understand what necroing a thread is.
He's just all new puppy excited about wasting money buying a phonejoy, when he could have got Sixaxis PS3 pad driver app http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179929 and a cheap PS3 pad and experienced MASSIVELY higher levels of functionality and options like 'touch emulation' full analog support, etc which phonejoy cannot touch as its just a PS3 pad re-badge and over charged for.

BabuSSA

Mar 30, 2012
SixAxis' Suck!

1. SixAxis' suck!
2. I am using my phonejoy for ios via blutrol.
3. phonejoy is 34.90 and Sixaxis is 39.00

amazon.com/PlayStation-Dualshock-Wireless-Controller-Black-3/dp/B0015AARJI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1334169452&sr=1-1

phonejoy.us/shop/phonejoy-analog/#tab-description

Last edited:

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
1. SixAxis' suck!
2. I am using my phonejoy for ios via blutrol.
3. phonejoy is 34.90 and Sixaxis is 39.00

amazon.com/PlayStation-Dualshock-Wireless-Controller-Black-3/dp/B0015AARJI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1334169452&sr=1-1

phonejoy.us/shop/phonejoy-analog/#tab-description

yoda_NOTroll.jpg

Love how you quote those prices like they are a universal constant but without any kind of currency indication ...... didn't they cover the fact that other countries not only exist but use different negotiable tender as currency at your kindergarten yet ... lol :rolleyes:
Prices vary m8 the world is global you can get a compatible PS3 pad for way less than $39.00 (see even fixed your currency indicator oversight, am not doing your homework though .. get your mom to help with that :p )

Maybe you should have actually checked the link i posted prior to hitting the kiddie keyboard warrior button (All Macs have one if they don't the owners can do it manually :p ).
That way you would be aware that the sixaxis of which i speak is sixaxis controller an app that currently costs £1.07 on google app store (screw the new name :p ).
Combined with compatible bluetooth PS3 controller (not necessarily an original Sony one) Its functionality FAR surpasses any other mobile game controller system on the planet as nothing else implements touch emulation which sixaxis controller does, oh yeah accelerometer emulation is coming soon.
As far as am aware phonejoy is just a 2nd rate knock off of a Sony dualshock sixaxis made by one of the 3rd party PS3 pad manufacturers with an inferior BT driver, please tell me it can do touch emulation??? When are you phonejoy people getting accelerometer emulation ??? .... any time this decade .... lol :rolleyes:

Laters Gators

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
As far as am aware phonejoy is just a 2nd rate knock off of a Sony dualshock sixaxis made by one of the 3rd party PS3 pad manufacturers with an inferior BT driver

Pretty much what I was thinking. If a manufacturer is not even willing to put effort and money into designing something that looks even a little bit different, its doubtful they have put any effort into making it a decent product. The Sony SixAxis (or the Dual Shock 3, as its really named) on the other hand is designed and made by a company proven to make quality products. At least compared to no-name companies that just knockoff other company's designs.

One thing that also needs to be considered, is that a lot of people already own a PS3 controller, so all they need is the appropriate software.

Last edited:

Xander_90

Mar 14, 2012
sorry for the wrong thread.. i am using a miui rom right now and i managed to connect with sixaxis my ps3 pad and here is my question; if i change rom the sixaxis will continue to work? because i remember that in the past when i was using virtuous sense v2.0.0 sixaxis didn't work..

thanks in advance

automattic

Jun 14, 2009
Sixaxis doesn't work on any sense Roms and can be quite picky regarding a roms Bluetooth stack

Phone joy seems to work on pretty much anything. Not even root is required.
six-axis does indeed have touch emulation but it seems like the analog stick functionality is superior on the phonejoy

Each device has its own pros and cons

sheamus

Jun 16, 2012
www.educatedsquirrel.com
I am currently using Sixaxis on Shadowgun. I would never have played more than a couple levels of the game using on screen controls, but with sixaxis I look forward to playing it everyday.

There is some weirdness with it though, and I am not sure if it is shadowgun, or the controller. It doesn't seem to like multiple button presses. Most noticeable when pressing reload, and trying to shoot right away. The shoot button is not registered, until you release and re-press it.

I need another controller and am tempted by the Phonejoy. Does anyone know if the Phonejoy has the same issues on Shadowgun?