[Q] Photon Q and lapdock

Search This thread

_olimp_

Mar 17, 2010
On what firmwares, photon q works with lapdock in mirroring mode? On stock all work. Who connected photon q to the lapdock on CM or CARBON?

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
I'm wondering the same thing many years later. My guess, based on what I've been able to find, is that only works on latest stock rom. (earlier stock roms display only, no keyboard/mouse/sdcard, latest support all hardware). And couldn't find anyone that got webtop to run on PQ. Lotta people with ideas of how to make it work by using atrix version, but couldn't find anyone who did it.

I ran across a lapdock 500 for cheap is the reason I ask.

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Well, seems no. Just tried Jellybean, no keyboard/trackpad, and display is very zoomed in, like a resolution problem.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41563237&postcount=10

With CM11, keyboard & touchpad work and mouse pointer appeared on phone screen, but distorted unusable display.

With sfos 3.0.8.9, nothing.

Apparently only the final ICS works, but I haven't tested that yet as I don't have any easy way to install... if anyone actually reads this and has a twrp backup of ics, that would be great. Otherwise I'm gunna have to figure out how to run rsdlite, I think one of my old computers has dual boot to xp on it, I tried rsdlite under wine but it doesnt see my phone.

Last edited:

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Finally tested stock ICS, and finally everything works (in mirror mode). It is an exact mirror so in apps that allow landscape, everything looks huge on the screen. Some apps allow you to shrink text within the app (i.e. terminal I could set the font size down) and I'm trying to find a browser that'll let me shrink, but still all the UI headers and gadgets adress bar etc are huge looking and can't do anything about that. On an app that forces portrait, it looks more normal cuz that's similar to the size of a modern phone (although you're then only using ~1/3 of the screen pillarboxed).

I've never used Android this old in my life, not even on PQ. But beside the point.

enigma9o7

Jun 26, 2014
San Jose
F(x)tec Pro1-X
I don't think anyone cares about this device anymore, but this is annoying me. I just read the wikipedia article and someone (with no reference) had claimed it works with LOS. However my phone with LOS14.1 on it has a battery issue and I'm tired of taking apart these things, and I'm tired of re-installing OSs, I think I wanna keep my others on sfos & stock ics. But someday in the future I will either swap batteries or get another battery and try my LOS14.1 phone with it. Cuz if that works how well whoever put that in wikipedia says, that's awesome.

I never used ICS, I don't even know if I can root it the normal way, dunno if I can use simmod with it... all before my time... so LOS would be great if that works. Plus ics supports even less apps than kitkat.