Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

EnesSastim

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2016

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi Note 3 [jason]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Bugs
*VoLTE
*Tell me..

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download Latest
(You NEED Official TWRP)

Liked my work? You can support me by Paypal: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
pixelexperience-q-jason, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3

Contributors
EnesSastim, dianlujitao
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/EnesSastim/kernel_xiaomi_jason[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware

Version Information

Created 2019-09-18
Last Updated 2020-04-16

Last edited:

diosdetiempo

Jun 17, 2016
What's different between regular Mi Note 3 TWRP and SAR? Can we use SAR as the standard one or do we have to reflash the other TWRP to be able to use Lineage OS etc?

EnesSastim

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2016
What's different between regular Mi Note 3 TWRP and SAR? Can we use SAR as the standard one or do we have to reflash the other TWRP to be able to use Lineage OS etc?
SAR means System-as-root and with SAR, the ramdisk is in system, not in boot.img. I switched to SAR because Magisk isnt working with non-SAR. As your question, no you cant use SAR TWRP on other roms...

From Android 10 the rootfs is integrated into the system image, implicitly, which is called a system-as-root.

Usually, the root filesystem (rootfs) contains the in-memory mount points to /system, /etc, /sys etc. partitions.
With the system-as-root concept, the above rootfs mount points will be like following:
/system/system
/system/etc
/system/sys
and so on...

With these changes the TWRP or the GApps scripts etc. have to know that the etc mount point is now /system/etc and not like earlier /etc and so on for other partitions as well.

At least for Mi Note 3, Android 10 has this change but not the earlier Android versions. Earlier TWRPs will not work on Android 10 and this SAR TWRP will not work on other earlier Android versions.

I hope this explanation will be helpful to understand the system-as-root concept which was earlier introduced in Android Pie.
SAR was must for new devices launched with Android Pie but it was optional for devices upgrading to Android Pie from Oreo or earlier versions.
But from Android 10 the SAR has been the standard and you cannot change it, as far as I know.

Last edited:

diosdetiempo

Jun 17, 2016
Thank you for your explanations! I guess I'll wait until the kinks are ironed out in this ROM before making the switch.

aokimikats

Sep 23, 2019
Bugs I found so far:
WiFi signal sometimes can drop and disconnect from my asus rt ac51u.
Overall system performance is quite slow.
Battery drains a little bit faster than PE9.
Lockscreen image sometimes draws in small window (2/5 of screen) and then redraws itself normally.
Fingerprint aunth is buggy. Some apps get crashes.
Gpay and my bank app doesn't work with nfc.

Martizas

Sep 24, 2019
Please, can I know the detail step by step procedures for the installation of twrp and that custom rom because I'm not familiar with those stuffs.
And I also want to know that whether I need to backup my data or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi Note 3 [jason]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Bugs
    *VoLTE
    *Tell me..

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download Latest
    (You NEED Official TWRP)

Liked my work? You can support me by Paypal: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    pixelexperience-q-jason, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3

Contributors
    EnesSastim, dianlujitao
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/EnesSastim/kernel_xiaomi_jason[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware

Version Information

Created 2019-09-18
    Last Updated 2020-04-16

From Android 10 the rootfs is integrated into the system image, implicitly, which is called a system-as-root.

Usually, the root filesystem (rootfs) contains the in-memory mount points to /system, /etc, /sys etc. partitions.
    With the system-as-root concept, the above rootfs mount points will be like following:
    /system/system
    /system/etc
    /system/sys
    and so on...

With these changes the TWRP or the GApps scripts etc. have to know that the etc mount point is now /system/etc and not like earlier /etc and so on for other partitions as well.

At least for Mi Note 3, Android 10 has this change but not the earlier Android versions. Earlier TWRPs will not work on Android 10 and this SAR TWRP will not work on other earlier Android versions.

I hope this explanation will be helpful to understand the system-as-root concept which was earlier introduced in Android Pie.
    SAR was must for new devices launched with Android Pie but it was optional for devices upgrading to Android Pie from Oreo or earlier versions.
    But from Android 10 the SAR has been the standard and you cannot change it, as far as I know.
    Changelog

09-18
    * initial release

09-25
    * fixed aptX

11-26
    * Updated Power hal to 1.2
    * Updated WFD blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04000-sdm660.0
    * Updated Graphics, Perf, ANT, TimeService blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04300-sdm660.0
    * SELinux Enforcing
    I pushed an Update and edited OP.
    Quick Update: Pushed another build, fixed navbar not being able to disable.