[Q] Please help a total noob with updating my OPO

Search This thread

keviee

Oct 15, 2014
Hi guys,
Backstory: This is my first phone that I have ever rooted and kernel (franco). I was able to root my OPO with the links I have found on this subreddit (took me an hour because I am a noob). However, I am still new to "flashing, wiping, zip" etc terms.
Currently my OPO is: 11.0-XNPH33R
Kernel Version 3.4.0 franco.kernel #22
This is all that I have done with my phone. No other mods or customization. I want to update to the 38R.
I have seen the links in this subreddit on how to update without wiping data on the phone with modded 38Rs files and etc.
The thing is, I still feel uncomfortable with how to update my phone because the steps I see is "....flash this, boot that, reflash this..." etc.
I need some detailed directions, as if I am a total noob. Step by step directions.
I currently have the OTA update on my phone's update setting.
I am asking wholeheartedly to find someone who is willing to spend the time and effort to help a noobie like me in updating my phone. (I hope this will teach me on how to update my phone in the furture by using this as a reference)
What are my steps to update my phone? (Please be very specific)
Please forgive a noob like me. I thank you for taking your time to help me.

galaxys3some

May 6, 2014
I need help!! Currently on 33r and 38r fails to install and it states mixer path failed and cache failed

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
Read PM

Sent from crispy tocino

This guy right here is awesome. He helped me with my problem and answered all my questions. Thanks dude! I appreciate it!
That's awesome. But, @PaoloMix09, why do it via PM? The whole point of having a q&a section is so that valuable information is readily available for those who are seeking it. The help you have given is of no benefit to the community if it's buried in an inbox where nobody can see it. In future could you please assist people in the threads? That way everyone benefits [emoji1]

Transmitted via Bacon

PaoloMix09

Dec 7, 2012
Louisville, KY
That's awesome. But, @PaoloMix09, why do it via PM? The whole point of having a q&a section is so that valuable information is readily available for those who are seeking it. The help you have given is of no benefit to the community if it's buried in an inbox where nobody can see it. In future could you please assist people in the threads? That way everyone benefits [emoji1]

Transmitted via Bacon

Totally understand. I actually helped through hangouts. Reason being, since he is just learning, wanted to provide guidance and him being able to reply to me asap helps a lot. He was also asking many questions, best way was definitely on chat this time. Not only replying to him in here would've taken longer, but he probably wouldn't have understood some things. Just what I think.

I will try to respond on here more often.

Sent from crispy tocino

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
Totally understand. I actually helped through hangouts. Reason being, since he is just learning, wanted to provide guidance and him being able to reply to me asap helps a lot. He was also asking many questions, best way was definitely on chat this time. Not only replying to him in here would've taken longer, but he probably wouldn't have understood some things. Just what I think.

I will try to respond on here more often.

Sent from crispy tocino

Cool beans. I get where you're coming from. Thanks for replying, it's good to see you're helping out here.

Transmitted via Bacon

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone