• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Please help. cannot power down my rooted desire hd or use setcpu

Search This thread

santet

Sep 10, 2009
Accra
Ok.. starting this again. Seems i have not been giving enough information about the problems i am facing. here goes..

Rooting
i rooted my DEsire HD using this guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Vision#Rooting_the_G2 which i believe is the official xda developers wiki article on rooting the desire. I completed it succesfully and tested using gfree verify and got the following "@CID: 11111111 <--- this response means you have superCID!

@SIMLOCK= 00 <--- this means your simlock is off.

@secu_flag: 0 <--- this means your radio is S-OFF. "

which according to the article means that rooting has been succesful

- i installed clockwork mod recovery and then flashed the leedroid rom.

Problems..

1. The htc desire doesnt power down. When i click to power it down. it just boots into the recovery.
2. I cannot set levels for setcpu. I have tried disabling perflock and that disables fine but i still cannot set the CPU levels using setCPU. i am still stuck at 1024mhz
3. i cannot update my radio to the recommended one. I am still using 26.03.02.15_M3

I am more concerned about the ability to power down my phone than the ability to overclock it. Does everyones phone boot into recovery when you power it down.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know i have put a couple of posts in this thread but i didnt give enough information. Sorry.

Last edited:

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If your charger is connected when you power it down, it will boot into recovery. Whether that is the visible Clockwork Mod Recovery or the blank screen HTC recovery.

The only solution is to remove Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Try checking the permissions of SetCPU within superuser. Make sure it is allowed.

To flash a Radio image you need ENG S-OFF not just regular S-OFF, flash the radio via fastboot.

ttav

Aug 6, 2010
Ok.. starting this again. Seems i have not been giving enough information about the problems i am facing. here goes..

Rooting
i rooted my DEsire HD using this guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Vision#Rooting_the_G2 which i believe is the official xda developers wiki article on rooting the desire. I completed it succesfully and tested using gfree verify and got the following "@CID: 11111111 <--- this response means you have superCID!

@SIMLOCK= 00 <--- this means your simlock is off.

@secu_flag: 0 <--- this means your radio is S-OFF. "

which according to the article means that rooting has been succesful

- i installed clockwork mod recovery and then flashed the leedroid rom.

Problems..

1. The htc desire doesnt power down. When i click to power it down. it just boots into the recovery.
2. I cannot set levels for setcpu. I have tried disabling perflock and that disables fine but i still cannot set the CPU levels using setCPU. i am still stuck at 1024mhz
3. i cannot update my radio to the recommended one. I am still using 26.03.02.15_M3

I am more concerned about the ability to power down my phone than the ability to overclock it. Does everyones phone boot into recovery when you power it down.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know i have put a couple of posts in this thread but i didnt give enough information. Sorry.

Have you run autodetect speeds in Setcpu menu?

Did you follow Leith`s guide on flashing radios?