• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Porting CM10 A100 to A101

Search This thread

kaizer82

May 21, 2010
Hi Everyone, can anybody tell me how to port CM10 A100 to Iconia A101, coz I always use A100 ROM but I lose my 3G capability?

Thanks Before

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I know this thread is older... But to answer your question: it must be built into the source before compile it - just to sum it up. But that's what I want to do.

I planned some projects for A100/101

- build an existing Rom (cm9) with 3g to serve a101 users (cm9 is most stable)
- recovery with dual boot (and run Ubuntu n near android)
- start 4.2 builds

This is lot of work and will take a lot of time, any help appreciated. :)

Gesendet von meinem A100 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SGH-i200

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
I know this thread is older... But to answer your question: it must be built into the source before compile it - just to sum it up. But that's what I want to do.

- start 4.2 builds

How are things progressing? I found the following old info:

It can have 3g just fine, I've asked a few times for the 3g ril files from 101 users wanting me to build for them, they always vanish and I never hear back about it.

A100 just had its rotation for builds last night / this morning so it'll come up again sometime between wed-fri I think. Been looking at updating the black bean build and maybe adding AOKP as well, I'll use them for testbeds. I may go ahead and just do an extra day on the A100 and see about getting a potential 3g build up for you.

Side note, sosei will use gps if you use the newer cm10 boot.img.

Current rotation is:
Nexus 7 holds priority as I've been invited to Team Sorcery as their N7 dev.

Toshiba Thrive 4.2 development, 4.1.2 updates and kernel work (voodoo sound) comes second as they've been extremely generous to me.

Droid DNA aosp porting as the device was pretty much donated

Slight GNex work as needed, rare

A100 is bottom/last as I don't own one, luckily fixes from the thrive usually directly move over to the A100 :D

Other devices I don't own.

I have a few things planned for the A100 for some nice updates and releases to jeep you guys in a variety of ROMs, like AOKP and some updates to the cm9 kernel I use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 - JBSourcery 4.5

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Things are going slowly... Too much work in the office. But I set up a working tree some weeks ago for CM9 and a kernel. As soon as I have some more time I'll continue this. I was also busy with a kernel for the moto razr. Once I had a whole team, but now I'm alone... Will take time.

M.o.t.o.r.o.l.a.R.a.z.r - JBX-Kernel 0.5a - Tapatalk4

fauntelroy

Mar 2, 2010
sorry for revived such an old thread,

i've managed to port cm10 to iconia a101, 3g and other is working properly.:D
but it still got a couple of bug,just wanna know if there someone here who could help me fix some bug left (let's say like gps) :fingers-crossed:

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
What is your base and port ROM that you used? ie what CM10 rom did you use or did you build from source? What kernel did you use?

Also you need to be more specific on the issues that you have, as well as logcats otherwise there is nothing any of us can do.

fauntelroy

Mar 2, 2010
I port the rom for a500 from tegra owner forum and using gm kernel with it,
So far bug that i noticed just the gps and flash,
The gps won't start, in the gps log it mention something wrong with the hal configuration
And i noticed that the file in /dev/bus/usb/002 doesn't exist which were the configuration was set to look.

I'll explain more specific and take a logcat tomorrow,it's already 2 am here got to work in the morning,

Thanks btw for your reply

Edit: for the base i mainly using your rom,and take some other part from some different rom
here the logcat and gps log when i tried to used gps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    198 KB · Views: 5
  • gl-2013-07-12.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Your logcat is also indicating that you don't have 3g connectivity. I'm pretty sure the GM kernel does not have 3G support so no matter what you do and try to get working on this build, you won't have 3g connectivity. The first step to getting it to work is to find a kernel that has 3g activated on it.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Your logcat is also indicating that you don't have 3g connectivity. I'm pretty sure the GM kernel does not have 3G support so no matter what you do and try to get working on this build, you won't have 3g connectivity. The first step to getting it to work is to find a kernel that has 3g activated on it.

A stock a101 ICS kernel should function well enough for testing this in 4.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hardslog

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
That's what I was thinking too. I just might try that as i have had success doing the same thing with a TF300 to get 3g working

Sent from my A100 using xda app-developers app

fauntelroy

Mar 2, 2010

3g was working just fine, i've tried with several kernel including stock ics,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-12-13-43-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-12-13-43-06.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 71

PeteBest

Mar 5, 2010
I'm interested in helping out fauntelroy, was going to start porting a rom, but there seems little point in re-inventing the wheel.

No idea if you're still working on it though, let me know, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- start 4.2 builds

Gesendet von meinem A100 mit Tapatalk 2

A stock a101 ICS kernel should function well enough for testing this in 4.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2