[Q] Possible to get 32GB GSM version?

Search This thread

thor79

Apr 24, 2012
Schaumburg, IL
My next phone will be a Galaxy Nexus...but I'd really like to get the 32GB GSM version rather than the 16GB version Google sells. I'm looking to jumping off my contract at Sprint and going prepaid only. Having that extra space will reduce the amount of data I have to use...so it would be helpful.

So as far as I can tell Verizon and Sprint arranged to nix the 32GB version (my theory) of the GSM GNex...so Google is only selling 16GB GSM Gnex's in the US (or will be selling once they change it to accommodate the injunction).

Google gave away 32GB GSM phones at Google I/O this year...so clearly they are being made. Saw one being sold on eBay a couple days ago.

I've found some references to them being sold overseas. Is that the only way to get a 32GB version for someone in the US...to import one? If so, then does anyone have a recommendation on who to import one from?

Also are there any issues with using an international gsm version in the US?

I appreciate any help you can provide with this.

Last edited:

Liskrig

Mar 17, 2011
Boston
twitter.com
They aren't currently in production, Google had them ordered from a while ago. Probably from the '11 holidays when they gave them to staff.

eBay would be the best bet in my opinion, but just know you will be paying a lot more for only 16GB extra, and because they are just so hard to find.

As far as I know a GSM phone is a GSM phone, you have the choice of AT&T or T-Mobile for towers and it should work just fine.

Hope this helps!

thor79

Apr 24, 2012
Schaumburg, IL
Crap...I figured it was just a US thing...with the typical Carrier antics that go on here. So it's not even available overseas? Sprint and Verizon are the only carriers that have 32GB versions? GSM gets screwed?

I don't mind paying a bit more to get the 32GB version...the google i/o one I saw on eBay went for just over $400 in the auction (yeah that kind of surprised me...expected at least $500 or $600). So I guess I just need to keep an eye out and hope I get lucky.