[Q] Possibly a stupid question... (IDing handset version)

Search This thread

Calaerial

Jun 16, 2014
Hi,

Im reasonably technically minded so i have no real concerns about flashing my device, and ive been waiting for an AOSP/AOKP ROM for my S5 (to get rid of touchwiz) since launch.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754174

This appears to be it, but it refers to it supporting a GS5 (KLTE) version.

What does KLTE mean in this context, im presuming its something to do with the cellular radio type (ie LTE) but i cant find any information about whether my handset is the KLTE variant, whether it even is a specific varient, or what it means.

What i have is a UK purchased, rooted, EE handset, model number SM-G900F, currently running Omega Rom v1.9.

Is this a KLTE handset, and is this ROM safe to flash to my handset?

Calaerial

Jun 16, 2014
Thanks very much.

Unfortunately flashing to it simply caused my device to bootloop, and now updating to the latest version of Omega ROM is causing all sorts of unpredictable behaviour and all round BS. Apps crashing that arent even supposed to be loaded, camera doesnt work, gallery wont open existing photos on the SD card. That sort of thing

Screw it, going back to stock.

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Thanks very much.

Unfortunately flashing to it simply caused my device to bootloop, and now updating to the latest version of Omega ROM is causing all sorts of unpredictable behaviour and all round BS. Apps crashing that arent even supposed to be loaded, camera doesnt work, gallery wont open existing photos on the SD card. That sort of thing

Screw it, going back to stock.

Since you're new, so make sure to follow its instructions carefully, you might haven't wiped data & cache before/after install that custom rom

Calaerial

Jun 16, 2014
Since you're new, so make sure to follow its instructions carefully, you might haven't wiped data & cache before/after install that custom rom

I wiped the cache before the installation.

To be honest this sort of crap is what kept me on iOS for 5 years, and its whats making me consider dusting off my iPhone 4S because frankly this handset is a joke.

Its now flashed back to stock, but is unusable given that the screen is populated every second with "Google Play Services stopped" "Weather has stopped" etc etc

Half a dozen apps falling over each other to crash over and over again. This is after a return to STOCK! Handset is now completely borked, i cant even install get another custom recovery on it and flash back to the half-broken ROM, because its completely uncontrollable.

Calaerial

Jun 16, 2014
Issue now fixed - For the use of anyone who comes across this issue heres how - Spend 20 minutes fighting your way through the menus to the Backup and Restore option, to a complete erase of the handset. This fixed it for me, but at the cost of everything on the handset.

Last edited:

AAPD11

Oct 17, 2012
hello ...
I have just 3 question....
Is Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H a KLTE handset?
What Models are KLTE varient?
What Does KLTE mean?

befrosty8612

Dec 21, 2008
What does KLTE mean in this context, im presuming its something to do with the cellular radio type (ie LTE) but i cant find any information about whether my handset is the KLTE variant, whether it even is a specific varient, or what it means.

The Verizon device name was not part of the question mate ;)

I realize OP didn't ask about the verizon model, but I would like to know what KLTE means. OP went on to ask about their device, but the first question wasn't answered.

Just wanting to know more about what KLTE means.

Top Liked Posts