[Q] Post-s-off OTA update -- Not techie enough to follow update thread. Stuck :(

Search This thread

dangerousnewbie

Feb 25, 2014
Hey all. I am sorry to ask, but I am not good enough to figure out how to do what has to be done to get the latest update to update the radio so I can upgrade to the newest roms that are out. I am currently running one of mdmower's original no-flicker builds. I have been having problems with the phone hitting buttons when I talk on it (cheek-dialing) during calls, and figured it's probably time to upgrade. But I noticed that post the new stock-OTA, I can't just upgrade.

I have HTCDev engineering, Root, S-off (I don't remember which method I used), and SuperCID. I realize there is a whole thread on how to flash just the files related to upgrading the radio, but I have read it like 20 times and unfortunately, I am having a really hard time following it.

I am embarrassed to admit that I can't figure this out. :(

At this point, I don't care about what is installed on my phone and am happy to do a clean wipe, lose all my apps, as long as I dont brick it. :crying:

If anyone's willing to help me, I would be in your debt.

dangerousnewbie

Feb 25, 2014
Download that file, and place it on the root of your SD card as a zip file. (not in any folders)

Boot into your bootloader and select bootloader. It will automatically do the rest. Once done, remove the zip file from your SD card.

WOW. I don't....can't....how did you.....

Can I paypal you a few bucks or something? I am forever in your gratitude. Truly humbled and feel even more stupid now. I don't belong playing with my phone!

therreid

Nov 16, 2012
Wyoming
I am glad this helps

as a side note I have been running cm11 nightlies with nary a problem.

I would imagine if we are running CM10.2.1 this update should not adversely impact that. I am thinking of jumping to CM11 as a daily runner. It is good to hear that it is stable.

Has anyone got Isis to work running CM10.2.1 or CM11 with this latest update?

swordmastr54

Mar 11, 2013
Houston
I would imagine if we are running CM10.2.1 this update should not adversely impact that. I am thinking of jumping to CM11 as a daily runner. It is good to hear that it is stable.

Has anyone got Isis to work running CM10.2.1 or CM11 with this latest update?

What CyanogenMod 11 ROM is that stable for this device?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone