[Q] power button heating up

Search This thread

tom13mcpherson

Nov 6, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
I checked out a video with the G3 being pulled apart. Right under the power button, is a silver rectangular(ish) component. Can someone tell me what that part is?

I'd just like to understand the source of the heat.

Thanks in advance.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
The source of the heat is your CPU which resides under the power button more of less. You will also notice that the display gets hot on the front top half. This isn't necessarily normal, were you doing anything CPU intensive? (Gaming, recording long 4k videos, streaming 2k videos etc...?) It won't hurt your phone but it shouldn't be hot to the touch but instead 'warm'

tom13mcpherson

Nov 6, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Thanks for your answer.
I'm finding that videoing for 2 minutes really starts making it hot.
I'm not rooted (yet) running 10j with a 16gb aus version.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not going to root until Android L has been out long enough to "settle" down.

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
I had overheat issue with my first G3, it would get really damn hot, took it back for a replacement, I suggest that, if you can.

Mine was shutting down due to temp and 100% stock, if they wont replace due to overheat then tell them it shuts down which it probably will eventually if it is that hot.

Another option is try a different launcher and disable any apps or background stuff in Settings/Apps/etc that you dont need then try video again.

tom13mcpherson

Nov 6, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Thanks for the suggestion. I could take it back but it would be my third g3. I suspect that its the 2gb of ram which is the issue. Because I live in Aus we only have a 16gb 855 version. I suspect that even with a replaced phone I would still have the heat. Its not enough to shut the phone down and not enough that I can't touch it. I stick with my original reasons for getting a g3 - best hardware I could get with a limit to the bloatware (ie not s5). I don't think I could handle the 5.9" nexus. All I can say is, if you can't handle the heat, get into the kitchen (and sample the ROM menu).

Thanks for your help
T