[Q] Pre Order HTC Evo 3D

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Just a question about Pre-Ordering. Lets say on the 20th of April (no I dont have proof of this date, I made it up LOL) they start taking Pre-Orders for the Evo 3D @ $50. I get online, or go into the store, not sure which one you must do to get on the "list". I pay my $50, now what? Do I sit back and wait and on release day I am guaranteed a Evo 3D? Or did my $50 just buy me a gift card and sprint uses the pre order totals as a guideline on how many phones they need to produce before launch? I have never got a phone on launch day, I tend to be behind on getting my phones. In fact I just got the Evo 4G about a month and a half ago, LOL. Not this time though, I have a upgrade in hand and I am ready to camp out if need :) I hope it doesn't come to that, I hope my pre order purchase will secure me one of these monsters!

Thanks

superGOAT

Feb 19, 2009
Camping = Waste of time.

I'm not sure how sprint does it, but at Radio Shack and Best Buy, you pay your 50 dollars, get a 50 dollar gift card, and when the phones come in one has YOUR name on it. So, to answer your question and give you some advise. Go to Radio shack (there's probably one closer and they have more stores meaning more preorders available) and pre-order. Come launch day you'll get your phone at 6 in the morning (earlier than everyone else) and you won't have to do stupid mail in rebates.

Reactions: cordell12

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
LOL we went down to the mall one Thanksgiving. We figured we would get there early, around 5 pm. Yeah right! The guy who was first in line had been there for 3 days :eek: He had a table set up with a extension cord out to a generator in the parking lot. On the table was a TV, microwave, and a mini fridge!!! :eek: Needless to say we went home, the line was loooooong. And Best Buy was handing out tickets good for one door buster. These campers had their families/friends there too! No way we would have gotten a ticket. :mad:

Bp3dots

Mar 3, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
Camping = Waste of time.

I'm not sure how sprint does it, but at Radio Shack and Best Buy, you pay your 50 dollars, get a 50 dollar gift card, and when the phones come in one has YOUR name on it. So, to answer your question and give you some advise. Go to Radio shack (there's probably one closer and they have more stores meaning more preorders available) and pre-order. Come launch day you'll get your phone at 6 in the morning (earlier than everyone else) and you won't have to do stupid mail in rebates.

This. Let me tell you how pissed the 4 people who were waiting at my store super early for the OG Evo hoping to get one and we only had a couple free to sell besides preorders. (6 walk ups, 2 open to buy phones)

The preorder people got to pick them up whenever they wanted, and had time to get a complete setup and instruction session (for the ones that wanted it) and they also got a coupon for accessories.

dean.portcity

Nov 20, 2010
Moncks Corner S.C.
Camping = Waste of time.

i accually manage at radioshack. It is nice when my store gets pre orders not only because of the fact i know my store will get one of the new phones first but my store will also be the first to get restocked with the handset. so by all means anyone in south carolina close to charleston pm me and lets get you pre ordered

dean.portcity

Nov 20, 2010
Moncks Corner S.C.
i cant wait for this thing to hit my store!!! ill have it paid for before we open..... lol. so all my fellow xda users in south carolina pm me so i can make sure i know who is who. even if its not pre ordered i open the store and i check in the shipments. and i also have resources to get the handsets from other stores. ;)

r0cky0790

Oct 1, 2010
Chicago
Well it just so happenly I bought my evo on its release date with no knowledge of the device whatsoever. I was just walking through the mall. Now I'm hoping with knowledge of the evo 3d on its way soon I can better prepare myself for another walk in. I'm not worried about preorders. I will become a sprint gold member on the anniversary day of the evo. This allows me to get a upgrade yearly including 2011. I'm just satisfied knowing that ill have one for free. SnapDragon here I come.

Brought to you by the official AOSP "ROM HOPPER™" MIUI-CM7 -r0cky.Da.3v0.SU.-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camping = Waste of time.