[Q] Problem installing Samsung MTP Windows 7 update

Search This thread

imsotall

Nov 21, 2011
As the title suggests I cannot install the Samsung MTP Windows 7 update. I also get a message stating that the driver for the Nexus did not install correctly. Obviously, this means that I cannot see the phone as a device within My Computer and therefore I cannot transfer files on to the phone.

I only install Windows 7 about 6 weeks ago so I doubt the Windows install is corrupted.

Other than this slight issue I have to say that I LOVE this phone.

Any help much appreciated!

Error details below:

Windows error code 800F020B

Samsung Electronis Co., Ltd - Other hardware - SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
This is a Android forum you are probably much better off looking for the forum which matches your phone to get the advice you need.

ghost010

Aug 8, 2010
Leeuwarden
koekje-a.blogspot.com
Remove all the samsung USB driver's and regulair drivers you allready have installed.

than update your windows 7 to latest update.
reboot.
and try again.

let us know if that helped.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

This is a Android forum you are probably much better off looking for the forum which matches your phone to get the advice you need.

your wrong for that,sir.

as this is a problem related to hooking up the nexus.

imsotall

Nov 21, 2011
Remove all the samsung USB driver's and regulair drivers you allready have installed.

than update your windows 7 to latest update.
reboot.
and try again.

let us know if that helped.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

your wrong for that,sir.

as this is a problem related to hooking up the nexus.

Thank you for the advice. I will try that out this evening and will report back...

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
What I'd suggest is as mentioned before, through control remove any and all drivers you have installed and then try the universal drivers 0.7 in the Dev section. I can confirm they work a treat on windows 7. One sec and I'll get a link for you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379875

So when you plug your phone in windows may try and auto install the drivers, can cell windows for doing anything and then manually direct it to look for where ever you put the universal one. This will work in both adb mode (phone on) and fast boot mode and will also work using a tool kit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

lzuk

May 10, 2014
Thank you!

found this thread by google as i had the same problem. if anyone is still interested, it got it fixed by installing the update while the nexus was connected.

I was searching the web and joined this forum simply to say thank you for this information. I do not have a Samsung Nexus, but a Galaxy Reverb and the suggestion you gave worked perfectly on mine as well. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    found this thread by google as i had the same problem. if anyone is still interested, it got it fixed by installing the update while the nexus was connected.