[Q]Problems with HTC ONE X official service

excorcist

Jul 5, 2013
Hello dear xda community

I would like to share with you my experience with HTC ONE X.

I've bought it last June through Telenor (mobile provider in Serbia), and a month after yellow dots started appearing on the bottom of the screen. I've took it to the shop where I'd bought it and after two weeks I've got it fixed.

Than, after a while, screen started flickering, took it again to repair center and they had it fixed.

Then yellow dots reappeared, took it again to repair center and they had it fixed again.

Than, in December, I broke my screen and repaired it for 150 euro.

Then, my phone stared to restart with no apparent reason, and was getting into dead loop of restarts and freezing during boot. Got it to service and waited for more than a month to have it repaired. On service report it was written that PBA was replaced, I think it is motherboard.

That, two months after that, my WLAN reception got weaker and I could hear electronic sparks from headset in the phone.

Got it to the repair center and requested to have it replaced, was denied, and had my phone returned to me with fixed WLAN but they claimed that there was no electronic sparks that could be heard or detected.

I've shown this problem to numerous people and everyone could hear it.

Took it again to service, requested replacement, waited for three weeks and received phone without any repairs.

I've also visited unofficial service just to have it checked without opening the phone since it would void my warranty and they informed me that it most likely problem with solder and that mainboard is bad. I've told them that the mainboard was already replaced but they told me that IMEI numbers on contract and in phone are the same and that my mainboard most likely was not replaced at all.

Is IMEI written on new mainboard from old one?

Was this a fraud from official htc repair center?

I'm planning on suing Telenor for selling such a low quality phone but I need info on IMEIs as well

Thanks in advance.

ll_r1d0_ll

Jun 18, 2013
Saudi Arabia
Hello dear xda community

I would like to share with you my experience with HTC ONE X.

I've bought it last June through Telenor (mobile provider in Serbia), and a month after yellow dots started appearing on the bottom of the screen. I've took it to the shop where I'd bought it and after two weeks I've got it fixed.

Than, after a while, screen started flickering, took it again to repair center and they had it fixed.

Then yellow dots reappeared, took it again to repair center and they had it fixed again.

Than, in December, I broke my screen and repaired it for 150 euro.

Then, my phone stared to restart with no apparent reason, and was getting into dead loop of restarts and freezing during boot. Got it to service and waited for more than a month to have it repaired. On service report it was written that PBA was replaced, I think it is motherboard.

That, two months after that, my WLAN reception got weaker and I could hear electronic sparks from headset in the phone.

Got it to the repair center and requested to have it replaced, was denied, and had my phone returned to me with fixed WLAN but they claimed that there was no electronic sparks that could be heard or detected.

I've shown this problem to numerous people and everyone could hear it.

Took it again to service, requested replacement, waited for three weeks and received phone without any repairs.

I've also visited unofficial service just to have it checked without opening the phone since it would void my warranty and they informed me that it most likely problem with solder and that mainboard is bad. I've told them that the mainboard was already replaced but they told me that IMEI numbers on contract and in phone are the same and that my mainboard most likely was not replaced at all.

Is IMEI written on new mainboard from old one?

Was this a fraud from official htc repair center?

I'm planning on suing Telenor for selling such a low quality phone but I need info on IMEIs as well

Thanks in advance.
if your motherboard is changed then the IMEI number should also change if it isnt thn your motherboard isnt replaced its still the old one

excorcist

Jul 5, 2013
if your motherboard is changed then the IMEI number should also change if it isnt thn your motherboard isnt replaced its still the old one
htc support support told me first that there should be new IMEI, but today they told me old IMEI is written to new board, and that is only done that way for HTC ONE X.

I think that they are lying to save their hides.

ll_r1d0_ll

Jun 18, 2013
Saudi Arabia
htc support support told me first that there should be new IMEI, but today they told me old IMEI is written to new board, and that is only done that way for HTC ONE X.

I think that they are lying to save their hides.
i think so because they cant write another board's IMEI to your board's IMEI it isnt possible until they make a new board specially for your mobile :/

Reactions: excorcist

excorcist

Jul 5, 2013
i think so because they cant write another board's IMEI to your board's IMEI it isnt possible until they make a new board specially for your mobile :/
thank you ll_r1d0_ll

I was pretty sure about that but I had to check.

Never been so pissed off in my life, I had terrible experience with my phone.

I cannot believe official htc support would lie to me. :(

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Ouch, HTC are actually well known for lets say "fibbing". They we're caught out replacing the SLCD2 displays out for Generic LCD when sent in for replacement.

Keep your eyes peeled when you send your device to HTC !

Reactions: excorcist

excorcist

Jul 5, 2013
Ouch, HTC are actually well known for lets say "fibbing". They we're caught out replacing the SLCD2 displays out for Generic LCD when sent in for replacement.

Keep your eyes peeled when you send your device to HTC !
I was not aware that official HTC repair center has a tendency to put bad parts or to lie about repairs. I am truly disappointed with HTC as brand, that is absolutely terrible IMHO

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
Official HTC repair center can replace imei with s-off....they have the right tools for that :D and official HTC center isn't putting back bad parts a repair center certificated for HTC phones could do that like it was with me....

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
I was not aware that official HTC repair center has a tendency to put bad parts or to lie about repairs. I am truly disappointed with HTC as brand, that is absolutely terrible IMHO
Yeah join the club, that why my next device isn't HTC. Had HTC phones for what, 4 years? No more...

rafu997

Oct 23, 2011
I've had mainboard replaced twice. Always new IMEI. Now I'm fighting for another replacement of mainboard but I have "relocked" status in hboot and it's hard to convince them that my issue was not coused by unlocking bootloader

Vladonexxx

Dec 5, 2012
At least your Hox is getting fixed.. I've sent mine in for service bc of the yellow spots (seems like every single one is getting them) and they sent it back w a new screen but with a small crack in the housing.

After 2 weeks the phone restarted in bootloader with onboard memory fried.. sent it back in for replacement bc housing, motherboard and screen (new screen issues) needed exchanging and I was not willing to accept a fully romanian built htc. They held on to it of 3 weeks (15 days max stated in the contract) then sent it back with no repairs stating that they can't get the parts.

Then they had no new HOX to replace it with so the only solution they found was to storno it and dissolve the contract. This made me lose almost a year of high priced contract payments because of them.

Now I'm signing a new 2 year contract for a note2.. not my first choice but it's the only one I can get for the same price except for the S3 which would be a step down imo and I'm not willing to pay extra because of their incompetence.

This is what working with Orange Romania and HTC is really like so BEWARE

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone