[Q] PVStar+ Pro missing from Google Play Store? Anyone know why?

Search This thread

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
I'm not even sure if this is the right section to ask in, I've never really left my specific device forums before but here goes!

So I just upgraded from a Sammy S3 to a Nexus 6 and I had a paid app called PVStar+ Pro on my S3. It lefts you play Youtube video's while having the screen off unlike that POS Google Youtube app! :)

So I setup my new Nexus 6 and I just realized it's not here on this phone. So I checked my apps on the market, nope. So I copied my APK off my S3 over and but it doesn't seem to work right. I can't search videos. For example, I've searched Tiesto, Hardwell, the Wonderland Music Festival etc and it comes back with zero results. Plus I don't think it's fully PRO.

I tried checking out the home page of the dev but it's all in Japanese so I shot them an email and so far no reply.

One of my favorite apps! Just wondering if anyone knows WHAT happened to it? Even Google searching brings up nothing.

lekon551

Apr 15, 2015
Holy Christ monkey balls, IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

I had pvrstar on my Amazon app store after Google unceremoniously removed it from the play store. This morning, it said I had one app update available... Pvrstar. I thought no way. Sure enough, it's working again and God how much I've missed it. I can finally say **** off to firetube.

Link? I think you're mistaken, it's not on the Play Store.

ClaviHaze

Sep 16, 2015
Mexico city
Hi, it's true, pvstar is back. I didn't see any updates or anything, I don't have the Amazon app store, I just have installed the version which was provided here in this post and was still using pvstar for the little amount of videos on my play lists that would still reproduce. Yesterday I played one of the lists expecting it to skip several videos until it played and amazingly it played the first one. Also the search on YouTube videos works again. So spread the word, we can be happy again.

Reactions: lekon551

doctazz

May 2, 2012
In the last few days, I've noticed the 2.6.3 apk not pulling up any YouTube searches. The other tabs don't work as well, including dailymotion. Anyone else experience the same issues? I'll have to uninstall this soon.

Reactions: SkeletonKeys

einifetza

Jul 20, 2015
App works again ?
I was looking for a certain playlist, the app found it and played all the songs without any problems :)
Btw, i'm using Version 2.5.11 (the one you can find on Page 2 of this thread) with Android 7.0 ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

user2837

Jul 23, 2008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PVStar+ 2.6.3 [APK Download]

Hi,
    so I just checked their website and they actually provide a direct .apk-Download for their newest 2.6.3-version. Here is the link: http://sp.pvstar.dooga.org/apps/PVSTAR_20150115.apk
    It also doesn't require Amazon's App store and works like it should (unlike my old PVStar+ Pro :/).
    And since I like my own ideas...
    Holy Christ monkey balls, IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

I had pvrstar on my Amazon app store after Google unceremoniously removed it from the play store. This morning, it said I had one app update available... Pvrstar. I thought no way. Sure enough, it's working again and God how much I've missed it. I can finally say **** off to firetube.
    I read somewhere development for the app is dead, and so yesterday I went looking for an alternative. Both OGyoutube and firetube seem to do the exact same thing (plus extra features), and have been updated to support the new API. Give it a shot if you guys are willing. I am personally using OGYoutube (found right here on XDA) and loving it.
    All yt searches from within the app now show a first result about using an incompatible player, but search results are still shown and play as they did before. For now. :D

I need to correct what I wrote before. It's the pvstar+ pro version, the pay-for version that was removed from play store that seems to have more ads services built in than the free one on amazon and the download able apk from dooga linked to above. I don't know if it shows any ads though because I always had adaway running.

The three versions all work with everything that looks ad-related disabled with in this case 3c toolbox, as shown in screen shots here:
    http://imgur.com/a/zXIlm

If you use xprivacy then I would suggest you block the app from talking to d2cjo8xlt6fbwy.cloudfront.net, since it tries to send both a unique user and device ID, and
    d830x8j3o1b2k.cloudfront.net where some adfurikun stuff is fetched from. Just block cloudfront in its entirety.
    Blocking storage access to the subfolder /data/data/jp.co.asbit.pvstar/cache/adfurikun/ could be good too.
    YouTube videos in MP4 containers seem to be cached/saved into /data/data/jp.co.asbit.pvstar/cache/videos/ , from where they can be just copied somewhere else if you want to save a particular video.