[Q] [Q&A] How to root HTC M8 Eye

Search This thread

caolang

Jun 30, 2008
Some M8 standard facing battery bug after receiving marshmallow and sense7. the phone shut down even in 20% battery level, normally phone will shutting down in 0% battery level

is M8 Eye facing same issue after upgrade to Marshmallow + Sense7? anyone..?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA-Developers mobile app

Update to MarshMallow and battery life improve, especially in standby.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Could you successfully root marshmallow rom?

The steps are the same as this guide, from section 0 to 1, EXCEPT using different TWRP file and SuperSu file. I did not try S-OFF yet, because of high chance to brick the phone.
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/vomerguides-m8-bootldr-unlock-s-off-t2800727

Here is link to TWRP and SuperSu package
HTML:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7civ8WAktuAQVhTeHZGWVc4RWs&usp=sharing

Reactions: xidia

xidia

Dec 17, 2012

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

The steps are the same as this guide, from section 0 to 1, EXCEPT using different TWRP file and SuperSu file. I did not try S-OFF yet, because of high chance to brick the phone.
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/vomerguides-m8-bootldr-unlock-s-off-t2800727

HTML:
thks @caolang

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

HTML:

HTML:
but you did successfully root your M8 Eye @caolang, didn't you?

caolang

Jun 30, 2008
Hi, I am successfully root my phone. The supersu is not the newest version but it still works.
If you still hesitate, just back up before flashing supersu file.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

but you did successfully root your M8 Eye @caolang, didn't you?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using XDA-Developers mobile app[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160512-114957.png
    Screenshot_20160512-114957.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: xidia

Hammerhead2502

Dec 5, 2014
Mumbai
Stock ROM flashable zip!

here you go, i have uploaded HTC One M8 EYE marshmallow stock twrp 5.07.401.1. Enjoy
https://mega.nz/#!cd400LQb!cGoOQSEI4-oGdXynJD2l-Te_wEh3lal2u-s1FFOEVRU

With the twrp backup this dude provided, i made a stock ROM flashable zip. If anyone can test it? If it gets booted up successfully, i'll make more. And maybe end up getting us sense 8 as it is also based on Marshmallow. So yeah, i'll be uploading it tonight and will paste the link. ;)

You can download it from here. Just take a backup of your ROM and then wipe everything and flash this zip. And let me know if it works.

Last edited:

ratornado

Mar 3, 2012
Guys, I tried rooting my phone by twrp-m8eye-2.8.0.3 recovery and installing the latest SuperSu, but ever since I did that my phone doesn't go beyond the boot screen. I tried HTC M8 twrp as well, but that didn't help. Unfortunately, I didnt take a backup before, so I dont have a restore point. I downloaded the below mentioned ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny6478
here you go, i have uploaded HTC One M8 EYE marshmallow stock twrp 5.07.401.1. Enjoy
https://mega.nz/#!cd400LQb!cGoOQSEI4...al2u-s1FFOEVRU
and even got it on my 2 in 1 usb drive(which has a mini-usb as well), but when I check that in TWRP Restore option, I dont see it in the usb-otg option.
Can anyone help me on this.

sksal169

Nov 18, 2014
You guys need to update your firmware for marshmallow to boot

Also i have a rooted s-off htc one m8 eye can somebody give me the link to the official ruu link to MM soo that i can get the firmware upadate aswell

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

darpan14u

Dec 6, 2010
htc one m8 eye (rooted) need cynogen or other custom rom

hello, i need help. i have rooted my htc one m8 eye device. i need a cynogen rom or any other but not the stock. searched the whole internet but not anle to get even a single rom. pls pls pls help me i will be very thankful.
thanks in advance

Weisheit7

Jul 22, 2013
hello, i need help. i have rooted my htc one m8 eye device. i need a cynogen rom or any other but not the stock. searched the whole internet but not anle to get even a single rom. pls pls pls help me i will be very thankful.
thanks in advance

As far as I know there's no custom rom for the M8 Eye. Most people aren't very interested in this particular device, mainly focusing on the M8.

Weisheit7

Jul 22, 2013
https://mega.nz/#!cd400LQb!cGoOQSEI4-oGdXynJD2l-Te_wEh3lal2u-s1FFOEVRU

Thank you so much. I needed a backup because any ROM I try to flash through system recovery (stock) didn't work, nor did flashing through fastboot. I had android 4.4.4 rooted from aditya, China region and the OTA updated always downloaded but failed to install. I finally was at my wits end, tried everything and bricked the phone into eternity, then I reflashed the rooted 4.4.4, flash twrp recovery, made a small backup of boot from TWRP to find where the backup file location is. Then I downloaded your back up and placed it into the folder of the boot backup. Finally I wiped system, cache, and data, but left internal storage unchecked in case of any hiccups. It worked! Now on android Marshmallow after several days of headaches. Thanks again, much appreciated. :victory::victory::victory::D:D

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Guys, I tried rooting my phone by twrp-m8eye-2.8.0.3 recovery and installing the latest SuperSu, but ever since I did that my phone doesn't go beyond the boot screen. I tried HTC M8 twrp as well, but that didn't help. Unfortunately, I didnt take a backup before, so I dont have a restore point. I downloaded the below mentioned ROM

and even got it on my 2 in 1 usb drive(which has a mini-usb as well), but when I check that in TWRP Restore option, I dont see it in the usb-otg option.
Can anyone help me on this.
Unfortunately Supersu soft bricked your device, which happened to me as well.
After downloading the TWRP backup, Extract it. Now it leaves you with the "FA568Y901327" folder. Put that file onto your external SD or somewhere in your phone storage.
Backup "boot" ON TWRP. then find where that file is located. When you find it, that's where you will put the above mentioned folder.

GO into TWRP, Find "ADVANCED" THEN "FILE MANAGER". Locate the "FA568Y901327" file and place it into the "TWRP/BACKUPS" folder. The boot backup will be located there as well. Finally, get out of there and go to the main TWRP screen. Go to "WIPE" and wipe "CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA" and that's it. once that's done, go to the main screen once again. Find the "Restore" button. "Click on the FA568Y901327 folder". Restore. It should work, as it did for me.

(If you cant find the file in Restore, change the date <2016-10-09--01-06-23 MMB29M release-keys> In my case, it's the 9th of October. )

mudassarmax

Apr 12, 2015
Need Help Urgently !!!

Guys , Actually I am having htc one m8 eye(india) on lollipop , rooted nd unlocked, but now i full unrooted it via supersu full unroot option. And stock recovery installed. I tried command fastboot oem lock . Nd still i cant install marshmallow rom . I srzly need to go to marshmallow nd come back to full stock(stock recovery, locked bootloader) . Urgent help needed !!!

Reactions: ryuga32.1

ryuga32.1

Oct 6, 2016
Guys , Actually I am having htc one m8 eye(india) on lollipop , rooted nd unlocked, but now i full unrooted it via supersu full unroot option. And stock recovery installed. I tried command fastboot oem lock . Nd still i cant install marshmallow rom . I srzly need to go to marshmallow nd come back to full stock(stock recovery, locked bootloader) . Urgent help needed !!!
Use htc all in one toolkit

gunmetal grey

Dec 3, 2016
Greetings... Forgive, pls, I have no time really to search through the thread bcz specific situatuin...
I got a good deal for this phone in Dubai recently. Bought it and tought to convert to the raw android... Gpe.
As of now this is what I got:
I have unlocked bootloader, installed working twrp and s off through sunshine.
What I cannot do is get working SuperSU, and every time I install it, phone hangs in the boot screen and I have to restore.
I really want to get the gpe.
Can I in this condition, install original gpe mm on this device.
Is there a version of the SuperSU that works with this device.
As of now I have restored mm6 with sense.
Thanks for help.

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

gunmetal grey

Dec 3, 2016

gunmetal grey

Dec 3, 2016
I do not think you'll find those. I had a bricked M8 eye, I have used remote assistance from the web service. Anything for this phone is rare.
They have many RUU's, very possibly they have previously versions. You can contact them, It's on llabtoofer official website. It'll cost you some few bucks for flashing.
Flashing is done via team viewer

Last edited:
Reactions: harshs23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple. Only if you OTA'd the right way.

Have you successfully installed lollipop? If yes, then there is no way you could not boot into stock recovery because the procedure demands a stock recovery. Now for all the people out there, the stock recovery is in the firmware.zip folder in the OTA.zip folder that you downloaded. NOT the one that was shared earlier in the earlier threads.

FLASHED LOLLIPOP SUCCESFULLY
    If you have flashed lollipop correctly and want to root then why do you need the stock recovery? Flash a custom recovery (TWRP-2.8.0.3) , and install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.46.zip from chainfire site and you are done. If you need xposed alpha (see end). In case anyone would like a step by step procedure:

NEED TO INSTALL 5.0.2 FROM KITKAT:
    Two cases arise:

You are not rooted:
    Simply flash the OTA and scroll down to the TO-ROOT to root if you may. Seriously, -_-

You are rooted.
    Now you need to be on stock ROM as well as the stock recovery. Since you are rooted:

1) Download the stock unrooted ROM uploaded by XDA Member @Shreyas (Kudos).
    2)Place it in your sd card and head over to custom recovery.
    3)Flash the stock ROM and wipe dalvik cache. Reboot. Done (1/2).
    4)Download the OTA on phone. Don't install it. Move it to your PC. (possibly stores
    at /extSd /Downloads)
    5)Using 7zip or whatever you please extract the Recovery.img from OTA/firmware.zip
    6)Now prepare your fastboot tools and on the CMD type,
    adb devices (To verify connectivity. Make sure USB debugging in enabled).
    adb reboot-bootloader
    fastboot devices (To verify connectivity in fastboot mode)
    fastboot flash recovery Recovery.img (the one we extracted a step ago)
    fastboot reboot.
    Prerequisites for OTA (2/2).

7)Now you have two options for the actual Lollipop flash:
    a) Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery)
    a) Select apply from phone/sd card wherever your OTA is (usually extSD/downloads)
    a) Install it, wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot.
    OR
    b) Reboot normally, download the OTA again(it won't recognize the previously
    downloaded OTA) and select install now.
    b) If all goes well, you will boot into stock recovery and a green progress bar will
    appear.:fingers-crossed:

Now in theory, both the above methods should work since recovery is stock, but I had no luck with the 1st method and the 2nd worked. I suggest, downloading again is worth it.

To-ROOT:
    1) Since we have updated to 5.0.2 successfully, say bye bye to the stock recovery and
    install the custom recovery. Yes TWRP 2.8.0.3 will still work.
    (fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.0.3_whatever_the_name.img )

2)Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.46.zip from chainfire site. Put it in SDcard
    3)Install through custom recovery as a normal zip. This will install the SU binaries.
    4)From the play store,update the SU app and verify root. You will be done. Did I
    mention that an unlocked bootloader is indispensable :silly:

S-OFF
    Just a quick note, that M8 eye is now compatible with the sunshine App and if you
    want S-OFF you can pay 25$ and get the complete power (go GPE :angel:)
    I tried it myself but since sunshine doesn't work with xposed, I had to skip.

Xposed (alpha-2)
    If you cannot live without xposed (how can you), download the xposed alpha2 zip and
    apk from the rovo89 blog.
    Flash zip first from custom recovery and then apk. (order is important). Then you
    will be all xposed,rooted and on the 5.0.2 on the M8 eye.

So now you will be all set. As a testimony I will be attaching screenshots regarding my software info, root access, xposed confirmation. I hope this helps people.

Since I am a new member, I cannot post outside links (the hell?). So I have my screenshots folder uploaded on my drive. The link is as follows, (mind the dot=> . )
    drive(dot)google(dot)com/folderview?id=0B07mry_fGFuTbjZkLW5vVkw5MHc&usp=sharing

Hi,

My M8 Eye got an ota and updated to Lollipop 5.0.2.
    After that I unlocked & installed M8's recovery & it didnt work (didnt boot into recovery).
    Then I flashed twrp-m8eye-2.8.0.3 and it works fine.
    Problem is I'm unable to root. I've tried flashing various SuperSU from recovery. But when I check the root status it says Sorry! root access is not properly installed on this device.
    my device info is as attached.
    Also now I'm unable to take screenshots as it says "can't take screenshot due to limited storage space"

Please help.:confused::confused:
    Stock Rom backup made with TWRP https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6a0i1cvnxspadbk/AABU57Q8-K_6zudy16YSRiwUa?dl=0

Clean and Stock. No Root (not rooted)
    Hey can you please post the twrp download link for m8 eye from the link above please as i cannot find a download option. Im stuck and need to root my phone. Someone please help me. Thanks so much.

hey hey hey
    Good News

I have successfully flashed recovery. Got the info in other threads and ended up in this page

http://bbs.mgyun.com/thread-35236-1-1.html

Owning HTC ONE M8 EYE. Was hunting for twrp almost i tried all versions but none worked. the above webpage is chinese get it translated to download. or give your email id i shall fwd u one.
    HTC M(8) Eye OTA xxx.xxx.5

Still waiting for backup...
    You are my last hope:crying:

Sorry Buddy!
    Here's the link - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0q1J5yj3myBUzI0dkxJcVFGaFE&usp=sharing

The OTAxxxxx.xxx..xx5 (OTA_M8_EYE_UHL_L50_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_India_4.30.720.5-4.30.720.4_release_448640) is uplaoding as I type. UPLOADED as of 15:43 IST.
    While the original OTSxxx4 (OTA_M8_EYE_UHL_L50_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_India_4.30.720.4-1.80.720.1_release_427444001nsb8okuokmyrd) is already uploaded along with its' recovery file duly extracted for everyone's convenience.

Enloy.
    TWRP rooted backup of M8 eye

Hey guys, if you want to download TWRP backup of rooted htc one m8 eye then go to my blog.

http://atechdevreview.blogspot.in/2015/04/htc-one-m8-eye-indian-rom-twrp-backup.html

Rom information and procedures are given at my blog. :)