[Q] {Q} ClockworkMod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

s0xpan

Aug 30, 2009
New York, New York
now im coming from many other android related phones but what i remember most that may help....ima test this but i remember ClockworkMod Recovery being used for MT3GS.......we go into our stock recovery; click update.zip (which was the clockwork recovery) and it would boot up a recovery mode that way; has anyone attempted this?

....Just a thought towards root or atleast custom recovery

Big Dawg 23

Feb 13, 2008
Northfield
now im coming from many other android related phones but what i remember most that may help....ima test this but i remember ClockworkMod Recovery being used for MT3GS.......we go into our stock recovery; click update.zip (which was the clockwork recovery) and it would boot up a recovery mode that way; has anyone attempted this?

....Just a thought towards root or atleast custom recovery

The way I understand is the locked or bug in NAND will not allow for a recover. It removes all SU permissions on reboot.

s0xpan

Aug 30, 2009
New York, New York
The way I understand is the locked or bug in NAND will not allow for a recover. It removes all SU permissions on reboot.

i feel as if if we can get into fastboot and do modifications that way (thanks Modaco) why cant we go even further to be that a means of rooting; with appropriate scripts? why is it people are like *sigh* i have no root but i have temp root.......nand locked but i can do **** with android actually open; what if there was a way to initiate visionary on run.....before actual loading the os like the steps as

power on > visionary/turn into custom recov or custom boot like magldr is supposed to be> os?

krayshunist

Oct 6, 2010
i feel as if if we can get into fastboot and do modifications that way (thanks Modaco) why cant we go even further to be that a means of rooting; with appropriate scripts? why is it people are like *sigh* i have no root but i have temp root.......nand locked but i can do **** with android actually open; what if there was a way to initiate visionary on run.....before actual loading the os like the steps as

power on > visionary/turn into custom recov or custom boot like magldr is supposed to be> os?
Have you contributed anything to the G2 root effort? Some of the best Android hackers are working to root this phone; in fact many of the same ones who came up with the method you posted in your first post.

s0xpan

Aug 30, 2009
New York, New York
im actually attempting but with any type of movement requires a brainstorming; so i was literally brainstorming outloud......i cant help if my ideas have been thought of you kno

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
There's a thinktank thread, it was posted there, it won't work.

Sent from my HDfied HTC Desire

unforgiven512

Oct 28, 2008
Erie, PA
unforgivendevelopment.com
Not trying to be rude, but present some facts. Try it out. Show us the code. Explain your findings. And present your idea in a clean, intelligent, organized manner. That means capital letters. That means punctuation. That means use the space bar.

I agree with, I'd say, ~90% of the other users here. All the useless crap in this forum is doing absolutely nothing towards getting actual development accomplished.

Mods: Please lock and/or delete this thread. Also, I apologize for wasting an entry in the SQL database. =P

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeremey

s0xpan

Aug 30, 2009
New York, New York
well i have an idea; ima pursue it the clockwork mod has been proven to not work so ima attempt ; ima get this working even though i dont have contact with too many devs working on this phone

petard

Feb 12, 2006
well i have an idea; ima pursue it the clockwork mod has been proven to not work so ima attempt ; ima get this working even though i dont have contact with too many devs working on this phone

Haha good luck. People keep posting about what should be done yet have no idea what actually goes on to do any of this stuff. It isn't as simple as "making" it, you have to know HOW to make it. Please go to the think tank thread.

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
thinktank thread is good but the WIKI is even better. I just wish it was updated more often -- but anyway this thing has everything short of #g2root irc

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Vision#Intro

READ THIS REALLY F*CKING CAREFULLY --- it is great reading. If you have ideas after reading it (i said read it dont glance it dont masturbate on it just read it as if it was your last will and testament) and then speak up.

amack10

Aug 4, 2009
Look not to rain on ur parade buddy but in order to do that on the mts you first had to install the enginering img to the phone that allows unsigned packages. Now since we have a copy of the eng img for the g2 (we as in the devs not me) and the phone will not let you downgrade to it so therefore the mts way of loading a custom recovery won't work. I traded in my mts to get my g2.

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
thinktank thread is good but the WIKI is even better. I just wish it was updated more often -- but anyway this thing has everything short of #g2root irc

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Vision#Intro

READ THIS REALLY F*CKING CAREFULLY --- it is great reading. If you have ideas after reading it (i said read it dont glance it dont masturbate on it just read it as if it was your last will and testament) and then speak up.

Wow, I didn't even know this existed. Thanks mate!

As for OP, post this in the thinktank thread. Why did you bother making your own thread? You only had an idea, which is what the other thread is for. If you had tried it out and had success, then it may be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not trying to be rude, but present some facts. Try it out. Show us the code. Explain your findings. And present your idea in a clean, intelligent, organized manner. That means capital letters. That means punctuation. That means use the space bar.

I agree with, I'd say, ~90% of the other users here. All the useless crap in this forum is doing absolutely nothing towards getting actual development accomplished.

Mods: Please lock and/or delete this thread. Also, I apologize for wasting an entry in the SQL database. =P

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk