[Q] Questions about P7-L00 - Rooting, CWM and L10 build(s)/ROMS

Search This thread

Oob1e

Jun 28, 2015
Hello XDA,
Ive looked somewhat specifically for this and havent found any clean cut answers to my questions - so first and foremost, if its a RTFM jobby, please do tell me and I'll go back to the search page and carry on reading. With that said, I was hoping someone might be able to assist me with the following:

[Current Build/SW version = P7-L00V100r001C17B117SP01 - EUI2.3 - I kept this version as I read that it became harder to root after that or on the latest build so thought not to make my life harder with what is completely new to me.]

1) I have a P7 L00 model and plan on using this in the UK - Ive checked the will my phone work website and o2 and EE will both work (contrary to what Ive read on both the huawei site and another one (which I cant remember) stating that the only Baseband that will work with the L00 model is EE) so wanted to ask if anyone can confirm o2 usage?

2) Can I use an L10 stock Rom to get rid of all the chinese default apps on this? I did get to a Chinese website with lots of EMUI roms but wasnt sure what to go with.

3) Is there a vanilla 5.1 or CyanogenMod ROM available? I have indeed just read the post on ubergizmo about 5.1 coming to the P7 but there wasnt a set date for it, and I'd assume that L00 model might be a different date altogether.

4) When Rooting and unlocking the bootloader via a thread I found on here (made by SeverusSnape and a few others ), I get to the part where I can use ROM Manager, but when I go into it and get auto prompted for Recovery set, it asks me to setup a custom recovery, and neither of the options I select give me anything - I select ClockworkMod REcovery and my device isnt listed, I hit the Device not listed selection and it tells me that there isnt an officially supported CWMR yet, have you installed a CWM based recovery manually? Yes takes me to a selection of CWM 2.xx or 3.xx and no tells me Until CWMR us available, ROM manager will not work with p7-L00.
Im unsure what Im doing wrong or what Ive missed?

5) Lastly, what I think I do get is if I've rooted using RootGenius, pulled over the play store APK, installed what I need to/want to use, I can use this as if it wasn't the L00 model?
Are there any future consequences (banking apps I know probably wont work with a rooted device) that would stop me from using the phone as a UK phone, and not possibly routing me through some central Chinese DB? (I ask this as im using WiFi on it now, and its pulling the latest version for it from somewhere, so would like to know where)

Again, apologies if this is all somewhere, but I do find that reading one thread links you to another, and then to another and another. Rinse repeat and its just got me a bit confused - its like Youtube videos except with lots of reading...

Many thanks for your time.

(PS. Id post a hilarious cat GIF but I cant do links yet :( )

bertiness

Apr 11, 2014
Questions

I have similar questions
I don't believe there is a 5.1 CM available.

Would be great if we could flash L10 rom, but not sure if this will lose bands / functionality

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
Hey, I could not help you at all questions.. But anyway..

2.) No you can't. They're not compatible, so you risk to hard brick your device.
3.) There is no vanilla/ aosp/ cm Rom available, and probaly won't be also in future unfortunately. But for your L00 there is a miui v6 Rom available (just look in xda or Chinese forums). These days the official lollipop beta test is running, at the end of this month we might expect the final rom for all P7 devices (if all works as it is supposed to do..).
4.) It may be the best to look for a custom recovery in the "Android development" section and flash it per adb. Take a look to the right emui version, otherwise the recovery system won't work.
5.) I'd recommend to root your device, to delete all stuff you do not need and to flash Google Apps through your custom recovery afterwards. If you only install the apps you need in classical way, I assume you do not get all services running.

I hope I could help you a bit, even if some other people could do way better. I would recommend to ask specific question in smaller local forums.. Often they could help you more. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bertiness

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I could not help you at all questions.. But anyway..

2.) No you can't. They're not compatible, so you risk to hard brick your device.
    3.) There is no vanilla/ aosp/ cm Rom available, and probaly won't be also in future unfortunately. But for your L00 there is a miui v6 Rom available (just look in xda or Chinese forums). These days the official lollipop beta test is running, at the end of this month we might expect the final rom for all P7 devices (if all works as it is supposed to do..).
    4.) It may be the best to look for a custom recovery in the "Android development" section and flash it per adb. Take a look to the right emui version, otherwise the recovery system won't work.
    5.) I'd recommend to root your device, to delete all stuff you do not need and to flash Google Apps through your custom recovery afterwards. If you only install the apps you need in classical way, I assume you do not get all services running.

I hope I could help you a bit, even if some other people could do way better. I would recommend to ask specific question in smaller local forums.. Often they could help you more. ;)