[Q] Questions about root for uckh3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Poke01

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
ok.....I have bricked and revived my phone a few dozen times, trying different ways to root on this stock rom uckh3.
Is there a good way to JUST root from this or do I need to flash a different rom?
What are you guys doing?
I'm sorry if I sound very new to this but I have tried many of the suggested ways to no avail.
I would like to root this on uckh3 because it runs so much smoother since I flashed that, but I lost root when I did, and cant seem to get root back.
Thank you in advance.

Also, sorry to the moderators if this has been posted elsewhere, but I have searched high and low before asking these questions. :(

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
no... no one ever in the past 16 months this phone has existed has anyone asked how to root the phone...

[facepalm]

superoneclick root. roots any cappy rom except kk4
any custom kernel for kh3 roots
the kh3 fugu kernel swap also works.. but you end up with no cwm

if none of that makes sense... go read stickies. read the new user guide too.

Poke01

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
ok...thank you to b-eock. Thats all i needed was some numbers. and screw you trusselo. I joined the same month as you...im just not a forum whore. I have read and learned a LOT here, just needed some help since I was kinda stuck.

Last edited:

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
stuck on root.. usually means a user needs to read more. root is step 1.

sorry didnt realize you knew what you were doing and knew how to search, but didnt want to do the work. else i would have just given you links myself.

Reactions: Poke01

Poke01

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
i have 16 pages of these forums open. Apparently the question I asked was legit because the gentleman who actually helped me, instead of flaming, suggested I use another rom.

so congratulations.....you have successfully injected your worthless 2 cents into yet another thread.:)

\

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Thread closed

Enough of the nasty back and forth. Sometimes people are just stuck and need some help, is it really that hard to do so without whacking them?

Reactions: Poke01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why not run KK4, the latest stock ROM available? And I suggest reading some development section stuff.

Do you know how to operate ODIN?

If so use these Items
    -Stock KK4
    -Corn Kernel- this kernel can root from recovery...
    stuck on root.. usually means a user needs to read more. root is step 1.

sorry didnt realize you knew what you were doing and knew how to search, but didnt want to do the work. else i would have just given you links myself.
    A special thank you to b-eock. That combination works perfectly. :D
    Thread closed

Enough of the nasty back and forth. Sometimes people are just stuck and need some help, is it really that hard to do so without whacking them?