[Q] Rattling sound coming from speaker — is this normal?

Search This thread

CharlesCJS

Jan 10, 2015
I'm noticing a rattling sound coming from my Nexus 6 when the sound is at a high volume, and something percussive (like piano music) is playing.

I put up a video on Youtube as an example, but unfortunately the forum software won't let me post a link. However, you can view the video by pasting "/watch?v=0lEw9zd2BCI" on the end of YouTube's URL.

As a point of comparison, I also tested my old Galaxy S III, which despite being almost three years old, doesn't have as much noise as the Nexus 6's speaker (although it does have a small amount).

I'm also hearing a rattle with the default alarm tone. Is anyone else seeing this, and is it worth RMAing over?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: dalex7777

dalex7777

Feb 4, 2010
Houston
My Nexus 6 also rattles

I just got a brand new Nexus 6 from T-Mobile and I'm definitely hearing what almost sounds like a blown speaker. I literally just opened up the box 15 min ago.

Looks like a call or visit to T-Mobile is in store tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm noticing a rattling sound coming from my Nexus 6 when the sound is at a high volume, and something percussive (like piano music) is playing.

I put up a video on Youtube as an example, but unfortunately the forum software won't let me post a link. However, you can view the video by pasting "/watch?v=0lEw9zd2BCI" on the end of YouTube's URL.

As a point of comparison, I also tested my old Galaxy S III, which despite being almost three years old, doesn't have as much noise as the Nexus 6's speaker (although it does have a small amount).

I'm also hearing a rattle with the default alarm tone. Is anyone else seeing this, and is it worth RMAing over?

Thanks!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone