[Q] Replacement rear covers?

Search This thread

circkle

Aug 22, 2013
Anyone come across replacement rear covers yet?

I'm looking to buy the 5" version but can only find black ones that will ship to me, so I was considering buying black and changing the rear cover to white if I can buy that by itself.

Reactions: Xcaliber

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin

I'm looking to buy the 5" version but can only find black ones that will ship to me, so I was considering buying black and changing the rear cover to white if I can buy that by itself.

sending my 4GB Chinese model back and getting a European model so will be looking to get an aluminium back cover so if anyone comes across any please post the links.

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco
sending my 4GB Chinese model back and getting a European model so will be looking to get an aluminium back cover so if anyone comes across any please post the links.
I bought these. Waiting for them to arrive. http://m.ebay.com/itm/181716575509?varId=480672201913&txnId=1342931506008

Reactions: jonny68

yusoffb01

Dec 4, 2011

Dont get the 5". its using Z2560 from previous generation

The 5.5" uses the newer processor Intel Atom Z3560
11084021_10205429872398607_2124296925764626660_o.jpg

patchack

Apr 29, 2015
Same here.
I bought ZE550ML 1,8Ghz in black color because it was the last one but i wanted everything except black at start.
So if i could buy a new back to change my black one to silver or white , it would be really nice.
I dont find anything on internet for now (maybe/probably too soon), so if someone find that, thanks to share :)

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco
looks good be sure and give a review when you get it.
I got them. They are meh. Look better on the picture than what they really are. Aluminum bumper with a plastic/acrylic sliding back. Adds tons of bulk to the phone. Doesn't seem very durable if it falls, at least the plastic/acrylic panel.

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
Let's talk only about rear cover replacement here, so others can find what they want.
The link for case above is not a rear cover, so must go to cases topic.
Rear cover replacement is exactly the same as original coming with phone. It can have different material, texture, etc, but main idea should be kept.

So far, i couldn't find custom back covers for ZF2 yet.

yusoffb01

Dec 4, 2011

patchack

Apr 29, 2015
You can always change back cover

I cant check your link from france... telling me its censored in some country etc

But im ok with sorg, i want the same rear cover than the original one, just a colour change.
I dont want a new case, or new cover totally different from the original one :)

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I got them. They are meh. Look better on the picture than what they really are. Aluminum bumper with a plastic/acrylic sliding back. Adds tons of bulk to the phone. Doesn't seem very durable if it falls, at least the plastic/acrylic panel.

oh thats disappointing

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣

Those are back covers, but with flips (similar to original flip). I couldn't fins only back covers yet. Especially some special covers with textures or leather finish. For my Samsung Galaxy S4 i saw a lot of different covers (although the best one is original black edition cover). I hope ZF2 will get more attention from accessories manufacturers.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

The most important - it will be very ugly. Since ZF2 has arc surface on the back, any attempt to make a flat case will make this phone very bulky and ugly.

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco
Those are back covers, but with flips (similar to original flip). I couldn't fins only back covers yet. Especially some special covers with textures or leather finish. For my Samsung Galaxy S4 i saw a lot of different covers (although the best one is original black edition cover). I hope ZF2 will get more attention from accessories manufacturers.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

The most important - it will be very ugly. Since ZF2 has arc surface on the back, any attempt to make a flat case will make this phone very bulky and ugly.
The second one that I order is more polished and round edges. Still bulky but way less.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

iainmann

Apr 23, 2006
UK
I've been hunting around for replacement battery covers for the Zenfone 2 and can't find anything. Asus have shouted loudly about the interchangeable coloured backplate but I can't find any for sale anywhere.
Has anyone had any luck finding any? I don't mean clip-on cases, but backplates that replace your current battery plate.

vrnsr

May 14, 2014

Hi
I think I've found a site that sells spare parts for asus that has what u want:
http://www.asusparts.eu/partfinder/Asus/Mobile/ZenFone/ZenFone 2 ZE551ML#Cover

The back cover contain the NFC module so it's probably one of these:
Under "Cover" section you'll find items like:
ZE551ML-6J BATT-COVER ASSY WITH NFC ANTENNA/CN

After "ZE551ML-" comes the color-code there are 6A,6B.6C.6G and 6J. (there are 5 available colors so...)

I sent them an email regarding this and they've answered that they are not sure which color goes with which code.

Hope this helps

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

nathan118

Mar 4, 2010
I haven't been able to find any either...so I'm guessing no one is really making them yet. Hopefully they US launch will expand the market enough that someone decides they're worth producing.

slowy77

Aug 7, 2011
Raigarh
androidmasti.com
Hi
I think I've found a site that sells spare parts for asus that has what u want:
http://www.asusparts.eu/partfinder/Asus/Mobile/ZenFone/ZenFone 2 ZE551ML#Cover

The back cover contain the NFC module so it's probably one of these:
Under "Cover" section you'll find items like:
ZE551ML-6J BATT-COVER ASSY WITH NFC ANTENNA/CN

After "ZE551ML-" comes the color-code there are 6A,6B.6C.6G and 6J. (there are 5 available colors so...)

I sent them an email regarding this and they've answered that they are not sure which color goes with which code.

Hope this helps
how can any 1 buy without seeing any pic????

vrnsr

May 14, 2014
how can any 1 buy without seeing any pic????
I don't think they care, probably they deal in bulk for repair labs. Such customers would buy all colors anyway...
Anyhow you're more then welcome to send them an email and try getting a better answer. As I'm not intending to buy a cover now, I don't want to push for an answer. I feel I'll be waisting the seller's time on a non sale...

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone