[Q] Replacement rear covers?

Search This thread

ballu84

Jul 31, 2008
Dont get the 5". its using Z2560 from previous generation

The 5.5" uses the newer processor Intel Atom Z3560
11084021_10205429872398607_2124296925764626660_o.jpg

I just ordered the 64gb/4gb version from amazon. How do I check which processor I got?

PJBXDA

Apr 19, 2012
I too would like an aluminium rear cover, but with a flip if anyone sees one please. This may be a stupid question but can the NFC be taken off the current plastic cover and placed on the new one?

mystery905

Jun 22, 2015
I too would like an aluminium rear cover, but with a flip if anyone sees one please. This may be a stupid question but can the NFC be taken off the current plastic cover and placed on the new one?

I would like to know too. I bought a replacement back cover which doesn't include the NFC antenna (most/all of them don't).

If not possible, it's not a big deal as I don't use NFC currently.

kjchen69

Aug 16, 2012
I bought 2 back covers from AliExpress, $2.99 each.
it's actually good, fits perfectly and has great holding to it.
it's not like original one that slippy.

the only thing is the power button on top isn't working at all.
it's not moving at all or it's not touching the power source under
so you can't use it to power on & off the phone.
that really sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20150625_073846546_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150625_073846546_HDR.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 1,801
Dec 4, 2010
i have 3 cans of PlastiDip Aeorsol cans sitting at my desk. gonna coat the case in rubber this evening. tired of waiting for rear cover replacement that had actual grip to it.

they really screwed up this rear cover with the 'grain' going side to side. almost everyone has to hold this phone with their fingers flowing along with the grain. such a slip hazard.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
my friend give me a link about the phone case + screen protecter.it looks nice so it got one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flip-PU-Lea...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7b9882509c
light pink , suitable for girls

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

only have pu case i got the light pink
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flip-PU-Lea...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7b9882509c
this one on ebay,case + screen protecter

Again though, these are cases, not the rear cover.

mystery905

Jun 22, 2015

I just successfully transplanted the NFC from the old back cover to the replacement one I got.

You just need to peel it up with your fingernail to start and carefully separate it.

It sticks down easily on the other cover.

:)

Reactions: vrnsr and iainmann

blueseeka

May 11, 2015
Well, my red "original" back battery housing has arrived from AliExpress (3C Online) and it's not bad at all. I doubt it is an "original" but the quality seems as good as the original silver one that came with the phone, it fits perfectly and the on/off button works fine. Of course, there's no NFC.

Do you have a link? Cant seem to find the store. Looking for one with the on/off button working
Thank you

ASUS_Khang

Sep 3, 2015
Fremont
Hi all!

There hasn't been official news from HQ regarding the availability of back covers. However, for those of you interested in the ZenFone2 Deluxe's back cover (the 3D, color-changing, and faceted one) I might be having a giveaway real soon! Stay tuned!

Reactions: Tobias_Dunkel

thedisturbedone

Nov 5, 2011
Hi all!

There hasn't been official news from HQ regarding the availability of back covers. However, for those of you interested in the ZenFone2 Deluxe's back cover (the 3D, color-changing, and faceted one) I might be having a giveaway real soon! Stay tuned!

Are you an official rep?

nerbrume

Jul 24, 2011
Hi all!

Hi !

Very interested in this, as I'm not fond of the metallic back cover (I actually bought the ZF2 thinking that I'll change the backcover since it's "just" plastic. Didn't thought of the NFC, and the fact that Asus won't release any official replacements.)
Keep us updated, I love the Deluxe's back cover !

Reactions: ASUS_Khang

iainmann

Apr 23, 2006
UK

thedisturbedone

Nov 5, 2011
Yup...from our NA Headquarters :)

Thanks! Good to know. Besides your giveaway, (which sounds exciting!), I would like ASUS to release these covers to the market officially too. It's been a while since the device was released, and neither the software (5.1) nor hardware (back covers) sides are too promising. Although I have to commend the ASUS app team who seem to be doing a great job (e.g. recent changes to the file manager).

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone