[Q] restoring the dial pad

Search This thread

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
Ok what i am trying to do is reactivate the dial pad so i can call out on Google voice if it is possible. I see the mobile network and data in the es explorer. But they are both blocked. i love voice on my home PC. I know my friend with an android phone can use it the same as a regular phone call just like selecting a browser or media player. i was trying to make an app that dose it. I do have root. I am not asking anybody to do it for me but some pointers would be a great help.

PS if you did do it i would love to know how as i am learning how to add permitions and other hooks. this one is eluding me!:confused:

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
thank you but not what i was asking

As i said i was wondering where i can do it. I have seen the groove post before. It seams like a nice app but it dose not meet one requirement. I wanted to make it so i could change it.:)

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
Even if you do get a standard Android dialer to work(not even sure if it's really in Honeycomb), you'd still need the physical hardware to be present and working(definitely not in the WiFi version and unlikely in the 3G version without lots of work), hence the need for something like GrooveIP.

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
again

Even if you do get a standard Android dialer to work(not even sure if it's really in Honeycomb), you'd still need the physical hardware to be present and working(definitely not in the WiFi version and unlikely in the 3G version without lots of work), hence the need for something like GrooveIP.

again i want to do something similar to grove but i want control over the source so i can set it up. I want to be able to record incoming and out going calls on it. My Iphone wont let me do this and voice only dose it on incoming i want to be able to record all calls and since i broke my back at work i am long on time and short on money so thanks again for recommend of grove but it dose not do what i want it to
and i have reason for this.

i am asking if anybody knows where or how not an app.
to find the apk or how to add the service and fake it into thinking it has gsm or to reset the Dial as i believe that will be a good start

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
again i want to do something similar to grove but i want control over the source so i can set it up. I want to be able to record incoming and out going calls on it. My Iphone wont let me do this and voice only dose it on incoming i want to be able to record all calls and since i broke my back at work i am long on time and short on money so thanks again for recommend of grove but it dose not do what i want it to
and i have reason for this.

i am asking if anybody knows where or how not an app.
to find the apk or how to add the service and fake it into thinking it has gsm or to reset the Dial as i believe that will be a good start

Sounds like you're just kind of making up your own thing, better get to writing your own code.