[Q] [ROM] [4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 Cant write files to internal storage.

Search This thread

leadtk

May 26, 2011
I installed [ROM] [4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 from here
everything runs fine,but i cant write files to the internal storage.

For instance if i start the gallery app it tells me "No internal storage available",another app tells me it "cant write to the cache folder" because the sd is full,mounted,or write locked.Root explorer sees all the files but cant delete,move or copy/paste anything.
Apps that save/download files like podkicker or reddit act normal when trying to save the file but after the download starts the notification disapears and the file is simply not downloaded.Apps that stream content work fine,like youtube,or the stream feature of podkicker.

I have over 2gb free space so its not that,and if i plug into my pc i can move and delete files no problem.I like the rom and like i said everything else seems to work fine.
Thanks in advanced for any help.

For instance if i start the gallery app it tells me "No internal storage available",another app tells me it "cant write to the cache folder" because the sd is full,mounted,or write locked.Root explorer sees all the files but cant delete,move or copy/paste anything.
Apps that save/download files like podkicker or reddit act normal when trying to save the file but after the download starts the notification disapears and the file is simply not downloaded.Apps that stream content work fine,like youtube,or the stream feature of podkicker.

I have over 2gb free space so its not that,and if i plug into my pc i can move and delete files no problem.I like the rom and like i said everything else seems to work fine.

EDIT:
YAY i got it,

thanks stevemp and Quallenauge,a couple of the things needed to be a bit different though like the "# rm -rf data/*",and the push location line,heres what i did

Plug in the tablet with usb debugging enabled

run cmd and get adb going
type
adb shell
stop
rm -r data/*
mkdir data/local
mkdir data/media
exit
then push the rom file with [adb path]/adb push [rom path] /mnt/storage
when the push finished type adb reboot hold the volume down button and press enter
once rebooted into sde go to dev menu remove android kernel if necessary then choose flash kernel and initramfs
copy the files over
reboot

Everything seems to be working now i can read write files all day.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Quallenauge

lalalalas

Apr 22, 2011
I'm having the same problem, with both CM11 and 10.2.0 on Verizon LG G2. Could it be a permissions problem?

leadtk

May 26, 2011
I'm having the same problem, with both CM11 and 10.2.0 on Verizon LG G2. Could it be a permissions problem?

Its weird because i can write to the root directory but not any folders in it.Root explorer and es file manager say that its read only but neither will let me switch to read/write.
I made a logcat from boot[at least i think i made it rite,never had to do one before]
But i cant post the link because i dont have 10 posts just add this rpqjxGhG to pastebin

This all also happens with external sdcards as well it turns out,i just tried to make a new file with the built in file manager on the external sd and it said it requires elevated permissions,
root explorer just says file creation failed.
I also get constant "unfortunately,Trebuchet has stopped" messages when doing any thing.

I have also tried terminal emulator for kicks.
I gave it su then tried
# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system]
didnt change a thing
then i tried
adb remount
this said error: device not found

Im pretty sure its not my tablet as i can can go back to stock/stock root and write files perfectly fine,ive also re-downloaded the rom twice just to make sure it wasnt bad,and ive probably flashed it around 20 time by now all with the same result.

I hope someone can figure something out.

Quallenauge

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2012
Its weird because i can write to the root directory but not any folders in it.Root explorer and es file manager say that its read only but neither will let me switch to read/write.
I made a logcat from boot[at least i think i made it rite,never had to do one before]
But i cant post the link because i dont have 10 posts just add this rpqjxGhG to pastebin

This all also happens with external sdcards as well it turns out,i just tried to make a new file with the built in file manager on the external sd and it said it requires elevated permissions,
I also get constant "unfortunately,Trebuchet has stopped" messages when doing any thing.

I gave it su then tried
didnt change a thing
then i tried
adb remount

Im pretty sure its not my tablet as i can can go back to stock/stock root and write files perfectly fine,ive also re-downloaded the rom twice just to make sure it wasnt bad,and ive probably flashed it around 20 time by now all with the same result.

When installing the CM11 firmware, did your format/reset your "android+storage" in "format device" recovery menu?
Storage files should be /mnt/sdcard/ (internal storage) and /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1/ (extern sdcard).
I'm able to create files in both directories as well on the file explorer.

If you want to "unlock" the root ( / ) partition you have to use this one inside the shell:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
but this don't have some effects to the mounted storage files.

Reactions: leadtk

leadtk

May 26, 2011
When installing the CM11 firmware, did your format/reset your "android+storage" in "format device" recovery menu?
Storage files should be /mnt/sdcard/ (internal storage) and /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1/ (extern sdcard).

If you want to "unlock" the root ( / ) partition you have to use this one inside the shell:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /

I was updating by putting the firmware file on the the device then rebooting and flashing the zimage and initramfs,
The reason being if i reset the "android+storage" dosnt that mean the firmware is deleted?
adb dose not see the tablet when its in recovery,it does see it when its on[am i doing something wrong there?],so i cant push the files,and if i export the data partition in windows a pop up and says it needs to be formatted before it can be used.so how am suppose to get the file to the device if i format everything?

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
I was updating by putting the firmware file on the the device then rebooting and flashing the zimage and initramfs,
The reason being if i reset the "android+storage" dosnt that mean the firmware is deleted?
adb dose not see the tablet when its in recovery,it does see it when its on[am i doing something wrong there?],so i cant push the files,and if i export the data partition in windows a pop up and says it needs to be formatted before it can be used.so how am suppose to get the file to the device if i format everything?
From the guide, install using adb. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1871912
Originally Posted by surdu_petru
Installation : Now should be work on all devices Gen9 !!!

...connect USB cable to PC and ( you need to use a Rom with root access ) :
> adb shell
# stop
# rm -rf data/*
# mkdir data/local
# mkdir data/media
# exit
> adb push archos.ext4 /local/ ( need to wait about ~150 seconds ) !
> at the same time do : adb reboot & press and keep volume down ; in SDE -> DEM-> Remove Android Kernel ( if exist ) -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs -> copy here zImage & initramfs.cpio.gz -> OK -> wait to reboot !

If you are a Linux user. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48731942&postcount=1

leadtk

May 26, 2011
YAY i got it,

thanks stevemp and Quallenauge,a couple of the things needed to be a bit different though like the "# rm -rf data/*",and the push location line,heres what i did

type
adb shell
stop
rm -r data/*
mkdir data/local
mkdir data/media
exit
when the push finished type adb reboot hold the volume down button and press enter
once rebooted into sde go to dev menu remove android kernel if necessary then choose flash kernel and initramfs
copy the files over
reboot

THANKS AGAIN!!

jem111111

Mar 24, 2013
YAY i got it,

type
adb shell
stop
rm -r data/*
mkdir data/local
mkdir data/media
exit
copy the files over
reboot

THANKS AGAIN!!

I do not know what i am doing wrong but when i type adb shell ..all i get is BUSYBOX v1.7.2 (2012-10-19 CEST) built in shell (ash) Enter help for a list of built in commands ...
I did have ics blue v04 rom on my tablet that i was trying to go from to 4.4.2 ..
I did this before and had the write problem . any help you can give would be appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the guide, install using adb. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1871912
    Originally Posted by surdu_petru
    Installation : Now should be work on all devices Gen9 !!!

...connect USB cable to PC and ( you need to use a Rom with root access ) :
    > adb shell
    # stop
    # rm -rf data/*
    # mkdir data/local
    # mkdir data/media
    # exit
    > adb push archos.ext4 /local/ ( need to wait about ~150 seconds ) !
    > at the same time do : adb reboot & press and keep volume down ; in SDE -> DEM-> Remove Android Kernel ( if exist ) -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs -> copy here zImage & initramfs.cpio.gz -> OK -> wait to reboot !

If you are a Linux user. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48731942&postcount=1

EDIT:
    YAY i got it,

type
    adb shell
    stop
    rm -r data/*
    mkdir data/local
    mkdir data/media
    exit
    copy the files over
    reboot

THANKS AGAIN!!

I gave it su then tried
    didnt change a thing
    then i tried
    adb remount

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /