[Q] ROM Wiped, Recovery Corrupted

Search This thread

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
I have been trying to flash TWRP 2.7.1.0 on my Wildfire S, but failed. It just goes back to CWM 5.0.2.8. I stupidly went to wipe data in recovery, and now my recovery is corrupted. When I try to mount USB storage, it gives me

Code:
E:Unable to write to ums lunfile (No such file or directory)

I tried fastboot, but since I'm running Windows 8.1, HTC drivers won't install. I have tried most solutions but they all don't work. Is there a way I can flash the recovery from my computer?

aWFSuser

Dec 31, 2013
Howrah
As bootloader? PDA? Phone? CSC?

Edit: Odin can't even detect my phone :(

It should not detect too. Odin is for samsung phones. To reinstall the recovery you can try to flash by the PG76100.zip method. Get a recovery in a zip, place it on root of sdcard and boot to bootloader.

BTW how are you sure that your recovery is corrupted? It is really a very weird thing for the recovery to be corrupted.

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
It should not detect too. Odin is for samsung phones. To reinstall the recovery you can try to flash by the PG76100.zip method. Get a recovery in a zip, place it on root of sdcard and boot to bootloader.

BTW how are you sure that your recovery is corrupted? It is really a very weird thing for the recovery to be corrupted.

It isn't really corrupted, just not working as intended. I will try the PG76100.zip tomorrow when I have time. BTW, that is flashed from bootloader right?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

aWFSuser

Dec 31, 2013
Howrah
It isn't really corrupted, just not working as intended. I will try the PG76100.zip tomorrow when I have time. BTW, that is flashed from bootloader right?

Yes you can just go to bootloader and it will check for the file and prompt to install it. And what do you mean by not working as intended? Are you trying to flash CM11 then it will require at least CWM6 or TWRP 2.7

Reactions: herobrine_second

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
Yes you can just go to bootloader and it will check for the file and prompt to install it. And what do you mean by not working as intended? Are you trying to flash CM11 then it will require at least CWM6 or TWRP 2.7

Trying to mount USB storage will give error as posted in OP, trying to flash from SD card or mount SD card will show Unable to mount SD card error. I am trying to flash TWRP 2.7.1.0. (check OP)

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
Tried the PG76IMG.zip method from 2.3.5 RUU, flashed in HBoot, factory reset-ed, phone still not booting/recovery still CWM 5.0.2.8.

Edit: Recovery is working as per normal, however anything I flash, it will just reboot to recovery half way in booting process. Stock 2.3.5, Marvellous Sense 3.5, CM10.1, all of them.

Last edited:

aWFSuser

Dec 31, 2013
Howrah
Tried the PG76IMG.zip method from 2.3.5 RUU, flashed in HBoot, factory reset-ed, phone still not booting/recovery still CWM 5.0.2.8.

Edit: Recovery is working as per normal, however anything I flash, it will just reboot to recovery half way in booting process. Stock 2.3.5, Marvellous Sense 3.5, CM10.1, all of them.

You don't need to factory reset after the recovery. Was there any errors while flashing? Try a fresh start like --> Install another recovery, if it installs then all well but if it does not then find the correct RUU for your model and flash it. You'll need to redo everything you did to root your phone after this. BTW are you sure you wiped system and data? Both of them and before flash not after.

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
You don't need to factory reset after the recovery. Was there any errors while flashing? Try a fresh start like --> Install another recovery, if it installs then all well but if it does not then find the correct RUU for your model and flash it. You'll need to redo everything you did to root your phone after this. BTW are you sure you wiped system and data? Both of them and before flash not after.

My process went from start to current position like this:

1. Was on Marvellous Sense 3.5
2. Tried to flash TWRP 2.7.0.0 through terminal
3. Reboot to recovery, CWM 5.0.2.8 still there
4. Redid process, still CWM 5.0.2.8
5. Thought it was a ROM problem, wiped data, tried installing Marvellous Sense 3.5, CWM wouldn't read SD card, (CWM problems started)

6. Tried creating own PG76IMG.zip with TWRP 2.7.0.0 inside, CID error when flashed in hboot
7. Ran RUU to get ROM.zip, transferred to SD card as PG76IMG.zip, flashed in hboot. (Wiped data before flashing)
8. Phone won't boot, recovery problem automagically ended
9. Tried flashing OWL recovery PG76IMG.zip in hboot, got CID error again.

10. Current situation.

I won't be able to get my CID since I'm running Windows 8.1, and I can't get hold of any Windows 7 PC.

aWFSuser

Dec 31, 2013
Howrah

5. Thought it was a ROM problem, wiped data, tried installing Marvellous Sense 3.5, CWM wouldn't read SD card, (CWM problems started)

6. Tried creating own PG76IMG.zip with TWRP 2.7.0.0 inside, CID error when flashed in hboot
7. Ran RUU to get ROM.zip, transferred to SD card as PG76IMG.zip, flashed in hboot. (Wiped data before flashing)

10. Current situation.

I won't be able to get my CID since I'm running Windows 8.1, and I can't get hold of any Windows 7 PC.

Creating the PG76IMG.zip by your own would not work as the necessary info file is not inside. Take the zip I attached and replace the recovery.img inside with which recovery you want. And don't replace the android-info.txt. That's the one you're missing now.

And press thanks if it worked:D

Reactions: herobrine_second

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
Creating the PG76IMG.zip by your own would not work as the necessary info file is not inside. Take the zip I attached and replace the recovery.img inside with which recovery you want. And don't replace the android-info.txt. That's the one you're missing now.

There's no zip attached, but anyway, thanks for your solutions, I fixed my problem by flashing recovery from fastboot by borrowing a Windows 7 laptop from my friend :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

10. Current situation.