[Q] Root for Asus Fonepad Note 6 FHD???

Search This thread

jackytck

Nov 18, 2012
how to downgrade ?

Here's what I did:
1. downgrade to .28
2. use Cydia Impactor to root
3. install Supersu Pro from Google play, and activate the survivor mode. (only in pro version)
4. OTA upgrade to the newest firmware.
5. The root's still there. Done.

Now my devices is on .36 and with root.

(By the way, OTA rootkeeper doesn't work, but SuperSU pro version works like a charm.)
I am a new asus fone user ,can i ask how to downgrade?

alessiof89

Sep 2, 2012
Vicenza (Italy)
I've sent back to Amazon my note 6 today with a full refund. I'm very disappointed. No one support from Asus or from developers. For a device who really need support because the fluidity and reactivity must be absolutely improved. I've bought Motorola Moto X with official support of Cyanogenmod 11 and Android 4.4 stock

bulanula

Jun 10, 2009
London
I've sent back to Amazon my note 6 today with a full refund. I'm very disappointed. No one support from Asus or from developers. For a device who really need support because the fluidity and reactivity must be absolutely improved. I've bought Motorola Moto X with official support of Cyanogenmod 11 and Android 4.4 stock

No bootloader unlock provided STILL for this phone ?

Asus must be clueless. Hope this attitude against open source is not shared by all manufacturers.

On another note, good on you.

The more people stop buying these crippled locked bootloader devices the better chances we all have manufacturers only ship bootloader unlock allowed devices from factory.

Imagine a computer with locked BIOS that can only run Windows XP when you buy it and you can never switch to anything after that.

Too bad people are not making a stance, like you.

bokitikiti

May 29, 2013
cell standby draining the battery

Hello again! My Fonepad Note 6 is draining 70-80% of the battery on cell standby even without being used. From what I've read so far made me conclude that this is a problem. I don't have root but I don't know where to post this, can I ask if there is a solution for this?

andreacerioni

Aug 30, 2006
Ivona tts

Hello everyone, I'm a new owner of fpnote 6 fhd .... I'm trying to install "ivona tts", but I can not, either from the store or directly from apk ....
from the store I get error 24 dall'apk tells me the application is not installed.
I did the root ....
someone has my same problem?

thanks

Andrea

luckywanderboy

Feb 26, 2014
Hello again! My Fonepad Note 6 is draining 70-80% of the battery on cell standby even without being used. From what I've read so far made me conclude that this is a problem. I don't have root but I don't know where to post this, can I ask if there is a solution for this?

I have the same problems, latest stock firmware, unrooted, but it doesn't seem like this cell standby actually drains the battery; it only gives the wrong statistics.

endymione

Nov 10, 2012
Mine also give wrong battery states indicator. I try to drain battery several times and charges it to full while off phone. It solved.

Sent from my K00G using Tapatalk

shawshank61

Account currently disabled
Jul 6, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
help for root fpn6fhd

Hi guys I read all posts of this threat ;) and it's sad that Italian job not end completely ;) anyway I buy one fonpad note 6 :victory: and I feel we have smooth device ;) it's the fastest one I have :) so I wanna to add farsi handwriting to it ;) by MoreLocale2 application. it needs SuperUser privilege or something like 'pm' command[show how to use 'pm' command :
1.execute 'adb shell' on your PC (I say it done before ;))
2.type below command.
>pm grant
jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale
android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
3.retry changing locale]
so as till you understand I need to root my fn6fhd ;) I use three methods 1. Kingo android root 2.Cydia Impactor 3.VRoot v1.5.7
all missions failed and I couldn't root my fpn6hd :(
I must say I installed adb shell and my pc with win7 64-bit recognized my fpn6hd and I deactive my antivirus. usb debugging is active with checkmark on unknown sources.
my fpn6hd details is:
Baseband version
1402G_0.26.0_0113
Build number
JDQ39.WW_fonepad-10.16.1.37.2-20140117000059_201307310000
I done OTA update last night and installed update package (about 58 mb)
at Cydia Impactor method (right clicking on impactor.exe and run as administrator) after small box appeared I hit start but it said :

signature bugs unavailable :((
and at VRoot method after installing drivers it says hit green button and after while it marked x on top of software and nothing done for root
appreciate any help

Nightstalker1993

Jan 28, 2011
So after this phone had been out so long in the market, there's still no definite way to root it other than to downgrade it?

I see others have a pre-rooted rom img, how do they get that?

iamhcg

Mar 26, 2011

I think you should send it back to Asus and have them checked on your device.

I doubt this problem can be resolved software-wised.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you very much..
    CHECKPOINT, number 4: In SuperSU options need be checked Survival Mode.
    Please, share my file for other people/

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

yup.

tried and failed.
    mid-half flashing and error
    tried more than 10 times.
    can't figure out why.

OK, try other way to flash device.
    Go to this page, download and install latest version Minimal ADB and Fastboot with default path.
    Таке UL-K00G-WW-10.16.1.28.10-user.zip and rename it to update.zip
    Put update.zip in Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, among fastboot.exe and adb.exe
    Boot fonepad in DROIDBOOT mode (holding Vol+ and Power buttons)
    Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot as Administrator from icon on Desktop.
    Type fastboot devices, check if programm see fonepad
    Type fastboot erase cache
    Type fastboot erase system
    Type fastboot erase userdata
    Type fastboot flash update update.zip
    Do wipe afte flashing.
    Have fun!
    I did it 5-6 times, no errors, always success!
    Our very own CWM Recovery? That's a great news.

I am so willing to try, but there's no English instructions there. Kinda scared to mess things up.
    Really hope there will be an English blog or links for the steps some day.
    I was thinking - you can translate it with Google Translate.
    OK, I can translate that thread in a few essentials words. Previously I beg your pardon for my poor English.
    So,
    CWM Recovery for ASUS FonePad Note 6
    What you need to know:
    * It's no true independent CWM - it is based in /system partition. If /system will be damaged or cleared - true CWM can start, our CWM can't.
    * For installing this CWM Fonepad must be rooted
    * Firmware reflashing will kill CWM, you will need install it again
    * Language of menu (inside CWM) is English :)
    * MicroSD card for work with CWM need be formatted in FAT32
    Known bugs:
    1. Problem with mounting of partitions with stock firmware included updater-script. Stock firmware can't be installed with original updater-script, it need be modified.
    2. Don't works recovery of /data partition (backup works successfully), CWM can't correctly to mount this partition. Reason is unknown yet.
    CWM's features:
    1. Can flash any stock and custom firmware with modified updater-script inside (CWM not checks md5 and digital sertificates)
    2. Can flash OTA updates without PC
    3. Can backup /system and restore /system (will be explained below)
    Installing CWM:
    Download this *.apk^ https://yadi.sk/d/hUWy9tgRbuaP3
    Run it, it make install app Recovery installer. Run Recovery installer, give root rights and wait for ending (2 seconds). Don't tap button Reboot into recovery - it not works.
    How to run CWM:
    Power off or reboot your Fonepad. As soon as Asus logo appears - hold Volume+ or Volume- (as you like) till to CWM appearing.
    WARNING: CWM will be suuggest to fix root - do not confirm this action. It will be install non-controlled ROOT, and after any app will take root permissions without your accordance.
    How to make backup and restore /system:
    Download system-backup.zip: https://yadi.sk/d/koKif9f0bxC7Y
    system-restore.zip: https://yadi.sk/d/xochh1q8bxC6p
    Put this files in any place on microSD
    Run CWM and choose install zip from sdcard - choose needed file - sure, first need backup.
    Backup of system will be created in /data/system_backup/ named sysback.tar
    If you need restore - do same, but choose system-restore.zip. System will be restored, user apps will stay untouched.
    I had experience with CWM already and it was saved me from reflashing and tuning my Fonepad "from zero point" - I was trying uninstall preloaded apps and had delete some needed Asus-app, and Fonepad can't boot into OS, was stayed on "Intel Inside".
    All your thanks will go to vit-am, author of this thread: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=610285
    Modified updater-script for WW 10.16.1.39.3: https://yadi.sk/d/OI3elE4vbth3i
    Modified updater-script for WW 11.2.1.22 : https://yadi.sk/d/6mTYWBafbth3z
    Modified firmware WW-11.2.1.22 for flashing through CWM: https://yadi.sk/d/EcEud-vFbth4Q
    updater-script is in META-INF/com/google/android/
    I just updated to 39.3, root remains, but Google keyboard and many other apps force close.
    Do you have this problem?
    Try this solution:
    Go with Root Explorer to /system/lib, find file libhoudini.so 3.3.3.43422
    Set permissions for libhoudini.so 3.3.3.43422 rw-r--r--
    Reboot.
    This solution was find by lvleison, member of 4PDA.ru
    I'm not tested it yet.
    P.S. Tested today, working good for me.
    Thank you very much alessiof89 . I can confirm that this method works !!!! I am running Windows 7 64 bit machine and it's pretty easy just with a simple few clicks.
    First of all i haven't downloaded any special driver for the Fonepad Note 6 on windows. I just connected the device for the first time to the computer and windows does the rest by installing some drivers from its archives. Then I turned on "USB debugging" in developers section on the phone and windows again starts downloading and installing some drivers for the device. On windows' device manager now you should see"SAMSUNG Android Phone" open that and it shows "ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface" (weird). I don't now why the first entry called "Samsung.." and the opened one called "ASUS.." but --anyway--- the "ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface" is the important driver without this ADB won't work and the device will not be recognized on ADB and rooting procedure will not happen.

After that go to Settings>Security and tick the box "Unknown Sources". As of security reasons after the rooting process untick this box and leave it as before.

Download the programm Cydia Impactor for windows (only one version to download for) alessiof89 posted in his link. It's a zip file. unzip it anywhere on your PC and open the unzipped folder. Run the file "Impactor.exe" by rightclicking it and choose "Run as administrator". There is no installation . A small window appears within a dropdown menu. Choose the first entry called "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" and hit the "start" button. After a very short time (It feels less then a second) the rooting process is done.

On the phone there is no change in visuals there is no special app like "SuperSU" in the app drawer. It looks like before without root !

Now dowload the app "root checker" an play store to verify your root status. If the thing is round you should see a congrats message like on the screenshot alessiof89 postet in his link.

That's all.

Now i will check my normally installed apps wich needs root acces like on my other devices. But the first thing i want to do is to install the app "SuperSu" from play store and let's see if it can take control over the rooting admins.

and again many thanks to alessiof89 for this next step to our device.

Edit: I can confirm SuperSU from Chainfire works !! Now asking to grant su per app it needs.

Edit 2: After moments of thinking about the weird Samsung device thing i remember of the Asus Transformer TF300T i got at the beginning of the year and installed ADB driver for it from the official homepage of Asus also for my Samsung Galaxy Fit device. The idea is to install usb driver from another Asus product even if you don't have one ?

G mac_o