[Q] ROOT Huawei honor 3

Search This thread

gentso75

Aug 11, 2012
Hi I just purchased a Huawei honor 3 and well the stock software is awful and does not come with google play. It also seems to stop my from trying to install all of the cool fun apps that are avaiable to neraly everyone else running the android OS.
I am trying to gain root access in order to fix some of the above problems. Below is what is currently on my phone.

Model-Hn3-u01
android version- 4.2.2
kernel version- 3.0.8-00837-g1a17e12,jenkins@shzdea05#1
Build number- Hn3-u01v100r001chnc00b115

I have tried using the search function but I have not found much information on how to root this phone.
If anyone could help guide me, that would be great. If any more information is required to give me a accurate answer please let me know and I will do my best to provide it. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Unique Boy

Dec 27, 2011
Kulhudhuffushi
How to root Honor 3

Hi I just purchased a Huawei honor 3 and well the stock software is awful and does not come with google play. It also seems to stop my from trying to install all of the cool fun apps that are avaiable to neraly everyone else running the android OS.
I am trying to gain root access in order to fix some of the above problems. Below is what is currently on my phone.

Model-Hn3-u01
android version- 4.2.2

I have tried using the search function but I have not found much information on how to root this phone.
If anyone could help guide me, that would be great. If any more information is required to give me a accurate answer please let me know and I will do my best to provide it. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Try this way ==>> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44465941&postcount=22
Hop you can get root access by following that.

thedevilashish

Aug 28, 2013
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Try This Guide :)

Model-Hn3-u01
android version- 4.2.2

HellO Gensto :)

You Can Root Your Phone By This Method! Visit My Thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470487

& Hit Thanks :(

Last edited:

pigeonlips

Feb 24, 2013
Hi, you can side load the google play apk.

I just installed the google play apk (google search for "google play apk" and pick a result you feel comfortable with).

In the settings tick the "security" > tick "unknown sources

copy the downloaded apk to the device.

use the file manager app to locate it and install.

You dont need root to do this.