• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Root Koodo i747M 4.1.2

Search This thread
Nov 26, 2013
Hello,
I am currently searching how to root my Koodo Galaxy SIII i747M running stock 4.1.2 downloaded via OTA about two months ago. I know there is a lot of tutorials on how to do this but they never refer to Koodo and I don't want to take any chances. I'd like to just root it without installing a custom rom or anything, i just want to freeze some apps such as the updater always trying to install 4.3 and try some root features. If I root can i go back to stock while keeping the warranty and if yes, how? Is my flash counter (is it called like that?) going to change if I root? How can I root my Koodo s3?

Thanks.

gc84245

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast of Canada
You can use the same procedure as for the at&t version of the phone. They are virtually identical. Not sure about the flash counter as I've never worried too much about that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Oh, and you can unroot easily from the superSU app.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Florad77

Oct 13, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello,
I am currently searching how to root my Koodo Galaxy SIII i747M running stock 4.1.2 downloaded via OTA about two months ago. I know there is a lot of tutorials on how to do this but they never refer to Koodo and I don't want to take any chances. I'd like to just root it without installing a custom rom or anything, i just want to freeze some apps such as the updater always trying to install 4.3 and try some root features. If I root can i go back to stock while keeping the warranty and if yes, how? Is my flash counter (is it called like that?) going to change if I root? How can I root my Koodo s3?

Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28019751

Do the steps outlined in that post. It also works for koodo make sure you download the correct file. This will not trip flash counter.
And yes you can always flash back to stock at a later date if you want.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Reactions: SterneSchreien

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28019751

Do the steps outlined in that post. It also works for koodo make sure you download the correct file. This will not trip flash counter.
    And yes you can always flash back to stock at a later date if you want.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk