• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Root Method for Rockchip RK30xx Tablets

Search This thread

geofferyh

Jan 5, 2011
Rockport
www.wharfside.biz
After a lot of searching and testing I have found enough information to make an effort to root the PiPo UpU1 tablet. I believe the methodology employed should be applicable to most RK30xx based tablets.

NOTE: In preparation for "Rooting" I have pre-installed BusyBox v1.11.1, SuperUser v3.1.3, SuperUser Update Fixer v1.2 and Root Checker onto the tablet from Google Play. Now for the good part, rooting…

1) Download "Moborobo". http://download.moborobo.com/download/Client/MoboroboSetup_V2.0.7.501(Moborobo_En_official).exe. The only purpose of "Moborobo" is to get needed drivers for the tablet and to detect its connection to the PC. However, it could be utilized as a file manager.

2) Download "SuperOneClick - Short Fuse". http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1248730&d=1344413254.

3) Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on the tablet (Settings -> Developer Options)

4) Install and start “Moborobo”. Also, check for any internet updates (that might include needed drivers).

5) Turn the tablet “ON”. Connect the tablet to a Windows PC using a USB data cable.

6) Wait for “Moborobo” to detect the tablet or click the “Refresh” button. Don't worry if it stops at 100% when installing drivers. If you don't see any install process action, disconnect and then re-connect the USB cable. Do not “Quit” (Exit) the "Moborobo" program. DO NOT Minimize the “Moborobo” screen.

7) Extract SuperOneClick to the PC desktop. Run SuperOneClick.exe. NOTE: If there are warnings like "your android driver is not installed", "would you like to force install adb drivers", asked if you want to install a driver from an "un-trusted source" or other things, just click “YES”. For those who have already installed an official driver you will probably not see any warning at all.

8) Click the Root button. Select the TEST button to verify the rooting of the tablet. (Yea, success!!! :victory:)

9) “Quit” (Exit) “SuperOneClick” (“Moborobo” should have already “Quit”).

10) Turn “OFF” USB De-bugging on the tablet. Click “Safely Remove Hardware” in the Windows System Tray, then remove the USB cable from the tablet.

The rooting process should have only taken a few seconds. If anything goes wrong or nothing happens, just “Quit” (Exit) “SuperOneClick” and “Moborobo”. Unplug the USB cable from the tablet. Re-install “Moborobo” on the PC. Also, it is really best to have an internet connection on your PC while doing this process since “Moborobo” may need to download a necessary driver for your device. Repeat steps 5 thru 10.

Now for the fly in the ointment. Next I ran "Root Checker" and it tells me that the tablet is not yet rooted. Here is the detailed analysis:

BusyBox Test
Installed correctly

Root Test
Result: /sbin/su: Permission denied
Analysis: File system permissions restricted and denied access.

Standard Location
Check Command: ls - l/system/xbin/su:
Result: -rwsr-sr-x root root 22364 2013-07-13 10:48 su
analysis: Setuid attribute is present and root user ownership is present. Root access is correctly configured for this file! Executing this file can grant root access!

Alternative Location
Check Command: ls - l/system/xbin/sudo:
Result: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/sudo does not exist.

Root User ID and Group ID Status: SU binary not found or not operating properly.

System Environment PATH: /sbin/vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

ADB Shell Default User: ADB shell setting for standard access, stored in default.prop, is configured as: root user - ro.secure=0

Now I need a little help from my friends. At this point I am a little over my head. What is an su binary file and how do I get one?

With a little help I think we could have a very nice method for rooting RK30xx based tablets.

grävling

Nov 14, 2011
Göteborg
Rockchip 3026 Dual core -- is this covered?

I have a new tablet.

Details here:

BLOW WhiteTab 7.2 (from blow.pl) Model# AW132
Android 4.2.2 Kernel Version 3.0.36+ [email protected] #11 Fri Dec 13 10:29:04 CST 2013
Build# rk3026-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.henglong.20131213.104514 test-keys Rockchip dual core Mali-400 MP2

Thus, it uses the new Rockchip 3026 dual core CPU.

I want to do the usual -- root it and install CWM. Anybody know if the method posted here, for 30xx chips works with the new 3026 as well?

Thanks very much.

hammad.mohsin

Jan 17, 2013
Sorry I didnt see that you are also asking

After a lot of searching and testing I have found enough information to make an effort to root the PiPo UpU1 tablet. I believe the methodology employed should be applicable to most RK30xx based tablets.

NOTE: In preparation for "Rooting" I have pre-installed BusyBox v1.11.1, SuperUser v3.1.3, SuperUser Update Fixer v1.2 and Root Checker onto the tablet from Google Play. Now for the good part, rooting…

1) Download "Moborobo". http://download.moborobo.com/download/Client/MoboroboSetup_V2.0.7.501(Moborobo_En_official).exe. The only purpose of "Moborobo" is to get needed drivers for the tablet and to detect its connection to the PC. However, it could be utilized as a file manager.

2) Download "SuperOneClick - Short Fuse". http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1248730&d=1344413254.

3) Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on the tablet (Settings -> Developer Options)

4) Install and start “Moborobo”. Also, check for any internet updates (that might include needed drivers).

5) Turn the tablet “ON”. Connect the tablet to a Windows PC using a USB data cable.

6) Wait for “Moborobo” to detect the tablet or click the “Refresh” button. Don't worry if it stops at 100% when installing drivers. If you don't see any install process action, disconnect and then re-connect the USB cable. Do not “Quit” (Exit) the "Moborobo" program. DO NOT Minimize the “Moborobo” screen.

7) Extract SuperOneClick to the PC desktop. Run SuperOneClick.exe. NOTE: If there are warnings like "your android driver is not installed", "would you like to force install adb drivers", asked if you want to install a driver from an "un-trusted source" or other things, just click “YES”. For those who have already installed an official driver you will probably not see any warning at all.

8) Click the Root button. Select the TEST button to verify the rooting of the tablet. (Yea, success!!! :victory:)

9) “Quit” (Exit) “SuperOneClick” (“Moborobo” should have already “Quit”).

10) Turn “OFF” USB De-bugging on the tablet. Click “Safely Remove Hardware” in the Windows System Tray, then remove the USB cable from the tablet.

The rooting process should have only taken a few seconds. If anything goes wrong or nothing happens, just “Quit” (Exit) “SuperOneClick” and “Moborobo”. Unplug the USB cable from the tablet. Re-install “Moborobo” on the PC. Also, it is really best to have an internet connection on your PC while doing this process since “Moborobo” may need to download a necessary driver for your device. Repeat steps 5 thru 10.

Now for the fly in the ointment. Next I ran "Root Checker" and it tells me that the tablet is not yet rooted. Here is the detailed analysis:

BusyBox Test
Installed correctly

Root Test
Result: /sbin/su: Permission denied
Analysis: File system permissions restricted and denied access.

Standard Location
Check Command: ls - l/system/xbin/su:
Result: -rwsr-sr-x root root 22364 2013-07-13 10:48 su
analysis: Setuid attribute is present and root user ownership is present. Root access is correctly configured for this file! Executing this file can grant root access!

Alternative Location
Check Command: ls - l/system/xbin/sudo:
Result: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
Analysis: File /system/xbin/sudo does not exist.

Root User ID and Group ID Status: SU binary not found or not operating properly.

System Environment PATH: /sbin/vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

ADB Shell Default User: ADB shell setting for standard access, stored in default.prop, is configured as: root user - ro.secure=0

Now I need a little help from my friends. At this point I am a little over my head. What is an su binary file and how do I get one?

With a little help I think we could have a very nice method for rooting RK30xx based tablets.

I've ARGUS 7 MYPAD, process were run successfully but no root access!!!

Last edited:

SvenMerlin

Feb 6, 2009
IntelliBook

Hi @ all,

I'm trying to root this tablet, but unfortunately it does not work: (

Code:
Hardware 

Board: Intellibook 
CPU ABI: armeabi-V7A 
Brand: MID 
Device: Intellibook 
Display: AML MXS_ANDROID4.2.2_INTELLIBOOK_V1.0.1_09162013 
Fingerprint: MID / Intellibook / Intellibook: 4.2.2/JDQ39/20130916: user / test-keys 

ID: JDQ39 
Manufacturer: MID 
Model: Intellibook 
Product: Intellibook 

software 

SDK: 17 
SDK code name: REL 
Incremental SDK: 20130916 
SDK release: 4.2.2 
Tags: test-keys 
Type: user 
User: gqsu 
Host: Ubuntu3

Have executed the above instructions

but SuperOneClick stops at Step7 ...

Code:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
export PS1=""

[email protected]:/ $ export PS1=""

getgetprop ro.build.version.release > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=18480

export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;cat /data/local/tmp/output

END:18480export PS1=""

getprop ro.product.manufacturer > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=29843

MID

END:29843export PS1=""

getprop ro.product.model > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=77310

INTELLIBOOK

END:77310export PS1=""

getprop ro.build.version.incremental > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=51591

END:51591export PS1=""

ls -l /system/xbin/su > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=75063

/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

END:75063export PS1=""

ls -l /system/bin/su > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=30140

/system/bin/su: No such file or directory

END:30140export PS1=""

chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=42996

END:42996export PS1=""

/data/local/tmp/busybox whoami > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=63628

whoami: unknown uid 2000

END:63628export PS1=""

rm /data/local/tmp/boomsh > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=53388

rm failed for /data/local/tmp/boomsh, No such file or directory

END:53388export PS1=""

rm /data/local/tmp/sh > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=83513

export TEMPRANDOM=83513

rm failed for /data/local/tmp/sh, No such file or directory

END:83513export PS1=""

chmod 700 /data/local/tmp/zergRush > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=86274

END:86274export PS1=""

cd /data/local/tmp/ > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=26401

END:26401export PS1=""

export TEMPRANDOM=79325;export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;./zergRush

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root

[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a Froyo ! 0x00000108

[*] Scooting ...

[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...

[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...

[-] Hellions with BLUE flames !

END:79325export PS1=""

export PS1=""

/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o rw,remount /system > /data/local/tmp/output 2
ount /system > /data/local/tmp/output 2                                       <>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=47554

mount: permission denied (are you root?)

END:47554export PS1=""

/data/local/tmp/busybox mount > /data/local/tmp/output 2>&1

export TEMPRANDOM=57497

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=443044k,nr_inodes=90450,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)

none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)

none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)

tmpfs on /mnt/secure type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=443044k,nr_inodes=90450,mode=700)

tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=443044k,nr_inodes=90450,mode=755,gid=1000)

tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=443044k,nr_inodes=90450,mode=755,gid=1000)

none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)

tmpfs on /storage/external_storage type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=443044k,nr_inodes=90450,mode=775,gid=1000)

/dev/block/system on /system type ext4 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)

/dev/block/data on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)

/dev/block/cache on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)

/dev/block/dm-0 on /mnt/asec/com.teslacoilsw.launcher.prime-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1)

/dev/block/dm-1 on /mnt/asec/eu.chainfire.supersu.pro-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1)

/dev/block/dm-2 on /mnt/asec/com.beansoft.keyboardplus-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1)

/dev/block/vold/250:33 on /storage/sdcard0 type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

/dev/block/vold/250:33 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

tmpfs on /storage/sdcard0/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000)

/dev/block/dm-3 on /mnt/asec/com.moborobo.daemon-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1)

MoboRobo is currently ...

has anyone a hint what I'm doing wrong?

greeting
Sven

Last edited:

zdig1

Jun 22, 2014
very nice

i do it with moroboror -> for dirve
and with andoird root

in fact , if this not working it is only the drives prob so just reboot your pc again and again until
the pc install the drivers

other freind used shuame for rooting thoise rk3026 md702b tablet

xain1568

Oct 16, 2014
manchester
hey guys i flashed my rk3066 tablet with Mk808 b rom . now i got a white screen . i dont have any working firmware right now. is there anything i can do to get it working again?, many thanks.

menonex

Aug 3, 2017
You must download a stock rom for RK3066 inexact details,

hey guys i flashed my rk3066 tablet with Mk808 b rom . now i got a white screen . i dont have any working firmware right now. is there anything i can do to get it working again?, many thanks.

Hi, you just flashed with less info about Rockchip : find a new download by searching on top this page of xda-developers ,
etc: ""rk3026_4.4.2_c86s_V05_zhongx_800x480_gc0308_gc0329_siv121du_V003_20140715.zip" these sps details are in your phone about, but your screen blank, connect to pc with kingoroot or any root on pc , it's showing your tab screen on pc-laptop. And or you searching: "Oma_RK3066_Root_and_Dump" ,sorry that i don't saved those links url. Use adb command to push this zip to device "/mnt/internal_sd/", after that you adb install (any launched.apk) for your device extract and launch zip file. A simple way , that using adb with usb debug, check unknow sources. at this time you can copy files and folder from pc to your devices sames as in Windows. Go to devices and open folder or file, unzip and run apk ( you don't need to views screen images ... just right click to file and open/or install/ or run as admin .when reboot you must seen your screen as defaults. ( but you may install more apks that your device needed.:cool: