[Q] Root & TWRP 3.4.0 for Android 10.

Search This thread

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
a06A9VQmTSNzcz5XEozg5Mzs9gWNtrCh8JdkjuIkZNwW4C2rmWv-QxZdWFlzIvNobjx_m4l_Wret1o5yjRDXX25ULxB2qSIstcHX4yPsw8lRlrQ5pqPb52jjbJjlxOR_3pL3Th4pxrVGvX6L0yg__QBbAf-Z_yY4Xw67v-Qsf7kzjdEXo0Ag_x5Hf3foC3R_cLJ75YIi6WjjdjNj2D9ie7aTLz7ea57Bu1PFj81__K4dmrodlM66O6Vuv7C_UOcGtb3I4xAVihQQIwwMyyPRYoQrSxOaHEpZ4lA4LVSPEYSFjlK9d6LX4BiQzPaT8Lkmj5pqYN-_0ryRX_5mz1IfPkBBh2zjQblbcnk02isIcn752_vjOh6eGHcHvzag-Ufm6yjoAGCZvXnaAvqk0X1Lrsc_lcz3SXQ4HYZzgGm1cW04tsR0HDGwSt_7B6v59KKiB4d_P9PoEx_WURmaSMlLETE191ix5iVoZPCw7G-t1-merZ7omVIEgcjB9aAotSoRsXp-QY4tqDxxBUU8cSwKozpvj2frAGYg77Hz8ONWK30PWnhjNcvf1G6UPCA4K_rCi98h1NtvWyjntcfGIgjWRSO7F_JzvnOPeZcx3rWo1qrurw9EwncpBOJQFLiVtlYgn-DNuItu_ro4OHrFxIIUb3M3GrpdtJC8Oi-8cFI1T928Rllg_JVbmygMy4xurw=w180-h101-no

Root & TWRP 3.4.0 for Android 10.

Root and absolutely working TWRP 3.4.0 on Android 10!

In the new TWRP and Root installation method described below, there is no need to format the Data partition to remove the encryption.
Thanks to TWRP's built-in FB Encryption (File Based Encryption), the contents of the Data partition are available with encryption preserved. The folders on the external memory have the correct names and structure.

Temporary flaw: each new firmware requires a new TWRP.

1. Download archive for up-to-date firmware (as of 09.12.20 - QPHS30.29-Q3-28-13-6) with files for installation TWRP and Magisk
Root_TWRP_QPHS30.29-Q3-28-13-6.zip
2. Extract files:
- TWRP-Q-3.4.0-parker-nemo-nemo.img to the drivers adb & fastboot folder;
- Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip to the SD Card.
3. Boot the phone in fastboot mode, connect it to a PC and perform the following commands:
Code:
fastboot flash boot C:\adb\TWRP-Q-3.4.0-parker-nemo-nemo.img
4. After installation is complete, restart the phone in Recovery.
5. Go to the "Install" section. Click on "Select Storage" button, select Micro SD card, OK. Install Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip.
6. Reboot into the system.

Attention, it's important!

In case of release of new stock firmware RETEU, or you have a device for other regions, you can update TWRP yourself in the following way:
So, in order for you to have TWRP, mobile communications and Wi-Fi, you need to do the following:
- Copy to SD Card boot.img from Stok firmware archive, which is currently installed on your phone;
- Copy to the SD card twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-parker-nemo-nemo.zip;
- Follow step 3 of the basic instructions;
- Install directly in the TWRP boot.img itself under Boot;
- Install the twrp-installer;
- Install Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip.

Earlier versions of TWRP

Old Instruction:
1. Download archive with files for installation Magisk and TWRP Google Drive.
2. Extract files:
- boot_magisk_q.img to the drivers adb & fastboot folder;
- Magisk-ddmv-v20.4.apk, Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip, twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-parker-nemo-nemo.zip to the SD Card.
3. Boot the phone in fastboot mode, connect it to a PC and perform the following commands:
Code:
fastboot flash boot C:\adb\boot_magisk_q.img
4. Reboot into the system and install Magisk-ddmv-v20.4.apk.
5. Run the application Magisk Manager, go to the "Modules" tab and select twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-parker-nemo-nemo.zip.
6. After installation is complete, restart the phone in fastboot mode and then in Recovery.
7. Go to "Wipe" section and press "Format data" for decryption. Type "Yes" on request. Go to the TWRP Main Menu and reboot again in the Recovery.
8. Go to the "Install" section. Click on "Select Storage" button, select Micro SD card, OK. Install Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip.
9. Reboot into the system.

Last edited:

Wijitmaker

May 19, 2008
Hey, thanks for doing this. I'm a newbie, but I got through your instructions and it worked! At least at first. After I OEM-unlocked and installed TWRP, Android seemed to be working fine. I went into TWRP installed Magisk and when I restarted it seems my wifi (wifi mac address is "unavailable") and the service state of my radio is off. I can't figure out how to get it back on.

I tried messing around with settings in *#*#4636#*#* , no luck.

I put my sim card in an old phone and it still works (I wondered if I got locked out by my carrier?)

Think it might be connected at all or do I have a separate issue going on here?

EDIT: Nevermind - I used Lenovo's Rescue Smart Assistant and got it fixed...

Thanks!

Last edited:

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
Hey, thanks for doing this. I'm a newbie, but I got through your instructions and it worked! At least at first. After I OEM-unlocked and installed TWRP, Android seemed to be working fine. I went into TWRP installed Magisk and when I restarted it seems my wifi (wifi mac address is "unavailable") and the service state of my radio is off. I can't figure out how to get it back on.
I tried messing around with settings in *#*#4636#*#* , no luck.
I put my sim card in an old phone and it still works (I wondered if I got locked out by my carrier?)
Think it might be connected at all or do I have a separate issue going on here?
EDIT: Nevermind - I used Lenovo's Rescue Smart Assistant and got it fixed...
Thanks!

What Software Channel intended your phone? I have a RETEU. If you have a different region, this is most likely the reason.

So, in order for you to have TWRP and work mobile communication and Wi-Fi, you need to do the following:
- from the Stock Firmware archive, which is currently installed on your phone, copy boot.img to SD Card;
- twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-parker-nemo-nemo.zip copy to SD Card (see at the attached files).
Install directly in TWRP boot.img and then install TWRP-installer.
Then reinstall Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip (see at the attached files) and whatever you want.

Attachments

• twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-parker-nemo-nemo.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 99
  • Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Solo8000

Dec 8, 2020
Hey,
I have a brand new One Zoom here and like to root it.
Don't wanna brick it, so I have two silly noob questions:

1. Before performing step 3 in first post above
    (fastboot flash boot C:\adb\TWRP-Q-3.4.0-parker-nemo-nemo.img)
    I still have to unlock the bootloader, right???
  2. On github, currently there is Magisk v21.1 out. Can I use this newer version or do I MUST use the version provided by ilia3367 in first post?
Thanks to all of you

vincentDcmps

Dec 7, 2020
Hey,
I have a brand new One Zoom here and like to root it.
Don't wanna brick it, so I have two silly noob questions:

1. Before performing step 3 in first post above
    (fastboot flash boot C:\adb\TWRP-Q-3.4.0-parker-nemo-nemo.img)
    I still have to unlock the bootloader, right???
  2. On github, currently there is Magisk v21.1 out. Can I use this newer version or do I MUST use the version provided by ilia3367 in first post?
Thanks to all of you
Yes your bootloader need to be unlock.
For me with use or twrp I can t install OTA update for résolve that I Have flash again m'y phone with stock Rom and use magisk patch way to Root m'y phone

I have write some instruction on that here

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
On github, currently there is Magisk v21.1 out. Can I use this newer version or do I MUST use the version provided by ilia3367 in first post?
Use Magisk which is in the Instruction Manual.
This is a special version of Magisk for Motorola devices.

Solo8000

Dec 8, 2020
Just a report:
did the process today, worked like a charme.
One caveat: unlocking bootloader via this stupid motorola web service did not work at first; yesterday evening submitting the correct unlock string always returned "Your Device Does Not Qualify For Bootloader Unlocking"; tried exact same procedure this morning - worked immediately; so I guess this is a problem with Motorola servers.

Right now I have TWRP, Magisk and as it looks ALL smartphone functions including wifi, radio, fingerprint.

My device: Moto Zoom, reteu, build number QPHS30.29-Q3-28-13-6; it's brand new and I did not set up any lock mechanism (like fingerprint) before this process (because some people complain that their fingerprint reader does not work anymore after flashing/rooting; maybe this is a solution to that problem)

flat_eric75

Oct 19, 2007
Hello, I have a problem/question.
Recently I have a notification of system update available: QPH30.29-Q3-28-13-10, Im' currently on (QPH30.29-Q3-28-13-6) with TWRP an Magisk Installed.
When I try to make the update with the normal System Update it can't apply the update (no specific error).
So I would like to make the update manually; I downloaded the full image zip from here:
Then I think I could flash it with MotoFlashPro (using servicefile.xml), but what are the steps to keep everything working (TWRP, Magisk, and all network and fingerprint)?
Are these correct?
So, in order for you to have TWRP, mobile communications and Wi-Fi, you need to do the following:
- Copy to SD Card boot.img from Stok firmware archive, which is currently installed on your phone; (so I have to download the current full image and use the boot.img from this one and not the new firmware?)
- Copy to the SD card twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-parker-nemo-nemo.zip;
- Follow step 3 of the basic instructions;
- Install directly in the TWRP boot.img itself under Boot;
- Install the twrp-installer;
- Install Magisk-disable-dm-verity-v20.4.zip.
Sorry for the stupid questions but I don't want to start the process and brick the phone or lose something.
Thank you