[Q] Root Xperia Tablet Z SGP321 V 4.3 20.4B0.569

Search This thread

gmg381

May 3, 2009
Belgrade
Аfter the update to 4.3 I lost root. I tried with Chinese VRoot_1.7.2 and King android root, but does not work. Before updating I rooted with VRoot_1.7.2.
Any idea how to root?

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
Unfortunately, I have no answer for you, but as a warning to other people, I will repost a previous post here.

If your current firmware does not have root access, then use the Vroot tool to gain root access. After gaining root access, install SuperSU and turn on its Survival mode and Install SuperSU into /system settings. Make sure the Install SuperSU into /system setting is greyed-out before updating to 4.3 via OTA. Do not update via Sony PC Companion, Sony Mobile Update Service, or by flashing FTF -- doing so will likely cause you to lose root access. That is what happened to many people during the last firmware update. People who had root access with SuperSU installed as described above and updated via OTA, retained root access. People who had root access but updated via Sony PC Companion, Sony Mobile Update Service, or by flashing FTF, lost root access. Luckily, the Vroot tool became available and allowed those people to regain root access. There is no guarantee that the Vroot tool will work with the 4.3 update. Of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
Аfter the update to 4.3 I lost root. I tried with Chinese VRoot_1.7.2 and King android root, but does not work. Before updating I rooted with VRoot_1.7.2.
Any idea how to root?

Did your vroot 1.7 updated automatically to v1.7.2 ?? mine is trying to update but gets error after a while.. since an hour lets see if it updates successfully to v1.7.2... my model library date is still 130912... I think I'll wait for OTA

Edit**** After many retries I've now landed to V1.7.4... do you guys think I should try to flash and try to root?

Last edited:

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
Actually I tried a lot of one click roots and they failed. And if u remember super su updates one of them was writen in whats new: If u just updated to 4.3 please reroot ur device again so I think that even the OTA will unroot ur device even if u r using survival mode so I think that some body can root using cmd rooting ways ex: Runme.bat files. I was asking if flash tool can root because I has a root function.

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app

b8drf

Sep 13, 2009
London
Did your vroot 1.7 updated automatically to v1.7.2 ?? mine is trying to update but gets error after a while.. since an hour lets see if it updates successfully to v1.7.2... my model library date is still 130912... I think I'll wait for OTA

Edit**** After many retries I've now landed to V1.7.4... do you guys think I should try to flash and try to root?

I have tried Vroot v1.7.3 and v1.7.4 and both failed to root - I used v1.7.3 successfully on the prev firmware version 4.2.2
Any ideas anyone ?

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
Yes I know it works fine with 4.2.2. I was asking if I could downgrade my version to 4.2.2 again? I am going to losse every thing on my tablet? Answer please.

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
I found a very easy way to root our tablets but we need unlocked bootloader here is the link :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2590602

My question is if i relocked the bootloader I will lose my root?

If for those who have wifi models to know if it is allowed to unlock ur bootloader do the following steps:
1. Open ur contacts
2. Press the three dots and select settings
3. Hold for 5 seconds in the blank over the status bar like that: uploadfromtaptalk1389084739069.jpg
4. A button will appear press on it:uploadfromtaptalk1389084829681.jpg
5. Enter the service code *#*#7374823#*#*
6. Now go to sevice info ---> configuration.
7. If it says bootloader unlock allowed: YES then go to Sony Mobile and search for how to unlock the bootloader or there is another way to unlock the bootloader using flashtool but I didnt try it. I dont know if I can post the link or not. Before I forget if bootloader unlock allowed: No dont do any thing just wait until there is a way to root ur tablet like one click root software or rooting toolkits like Doomlord one.

Plz answer my question: if i relocked the bootloader I will lose my root?

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
I found a very easy way to root our tablets but we need unlocked bootloader here is the link :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2590602

My question is if i relocked the bootloader I will lose my root?

If for those who have wifi models to know if it is allowed to unlock ur bootloader do the following steps:
1. Open ur contacts
2. Press the three dots and select settings
3. Hold for 5 seconds in the blank over the status bar like that:View attachment 2499871
4. A button will appear press on it:View attachment 2499873
5. Enter the service code *#*#7374823#*#*
6. Now go to sevice info ---> configuration.
7. If it says bootloader unlock allowed: YES then go to Sony Mobile and search for how to unlock the bootloader or there is another way to unlock the bootloader using flashtool but I didnt try it. I dont know if I can post the link or not. Before I forget if bootloader unlock allowed: No dont do any thing just wait until there is a way to root ur tablet like one click root software or rooting toolkits like Doomlord one.

Plz answer my question: if i relocked the bootloader I will lose my root?

I followed that guide and I rooted successfully mine SGP311 unlocking my bootloader!!! After the root procedure I relocked my bootloader and I didn't lost root!!! I used fastboot program to unlock and relock the bootloader!!!!

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
For me I unlocked the bootloader using flashtool It just reformatted my tablet to factory reset with unlocked bootloader. When I rooted my tablet like the guide I have put my tablet was reset to factory again thanks to God I have a backup before I had updated my tablet to 4.3.

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
I just got OTA now but I cant install it I've tried many times still nope.... I've tried disabling SU still no success...

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
The easiest way to root is unlocking bootloader as the link I have put but I dont know if I have the permission to put external link for unlocking bootloader. There is another way but hard and looks dangerous and boring ( u have to downgrade then upgrade then root. Looks dangerous and complicated)

Sent From SGP311
Android OS: 4.3
Root Status: Rooted
Bootloader: Unlocked
Build Number: 10.4.B.0.577
Other Devices: MT27i

cazuniq

Mar 12, 2010
Johannesburg
OK So Solution?

OK So Solution?
I have same problem, my bootloader is unlocked and i've tried every way possible to try root

deo777

May 15, 2013
Pleven
I did not wait.
Make backup and use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588442

and 4.3 is on my Sony :)

Actually I tried but problem on my case is that I have docomo version whit 32 gb and doesn't matter What I try in the end I have android 4.3 whit root but only 16 rom in my lte tablet, that's Why for now I prefer to wait a while because I prefer to have 32 internal not 16 is not huge deal I also have 32 gig sd card but still I pay fow that extra memory and I want nto have it. Thanks man and have a great day

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

And now whit a lot a work whit flashtool and maybe 6 hours flashing software. I finally have android 4.3 and 32 internal only problem is that I don have root ror now...but I believe soon Chinese Vroot will work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, I have no answer for you, but as a warning to other people, I will repost a previous post here.

If your current firmware does not have root access, then use the Vroot tool to gain root access. After gaining root access, install SuperSU and turn on its Survival mode and Install SuperSU into /system settings. Make sure the Install SuperSU into /system setting is greyed-out before updating to 4.3 via OTA. Do not update via Sony PC Companion, Sony Mobile Update Service, or by flashing FTF -- doing so will likely cause you to lose root access. That is what happened to many people during the last firmware update. People who had root access with SuperSU installed as described above and updated via OTA, retained root access. People who had root access but updated via Sony PC Companion, Sony Mobile Update Service, or by flashing FTF, lost root access. Luckily, the Vroot tool became available and allowed those people to regain root access. There is no guarantee that the Vroot tool will work with the 4.3 update. Of course, I could be wrong.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588442

It works fine, the guide is a little confused, dont need any backup, just follow the procedure and have the files ready