[Q] Rooted 1.82 ?

Search This thread

Sebalos

Mar 2, 2011
Warsaw/Sochaczew, PL
Hi all, I am new to Android and HTC phones, in advance I know that my question can not have any sense. Today i have rooted my Z 1.82 with method described in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905261

After it I have rooted 1.34 and i have also two questions:

1) is it possible now to upgrade to 1.82 and keep root,s-off,supercid? Or which Rom you advice and where i could some interesting ones?

2) referring to method i have used to root what method you suggest to undo all? Can i get somwhere a ROM for unbranded 1.82? My CID was HTC_032 if it is useful info for you.

Thanks

Last edited:

Athrun88

Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Hi all, I am new to Android and HTC phones, in advance I know that my question can not have any sense. Today i have rooted my Z 1.82 with method described in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905261

After it I have rooted 1.34 and i have also two questions:

1) is it possible now to upgrade to 1.82 and keep root,s-off,supercid? Or which Rom you advice and where i could some interesting ones?

2) referring to method i have used to root what method you suggest to undo all? Can i get somwhere a ROM for unbranded 1.82? My CID was HTC_032 if it is useful info for you.

Thanks

Hi,

If you get a custom ROM which uses the 1.82 base you will be able to keep root, SuperCID and S-OFF. The ROM that I am using (link in my sig) is Virtuous ROM which is based off the 1.85 release. Really great if you want the latest build with Sense.

You can use the same method (i believe) to Unroot, SIM-Lock and S-On.

Regards.

Sebalos

Mar 2, 2011
Warsaw/Sochaczew, PL
Ok ,thanks. Actually now I am using virtuous 1.0.1 as you, but my problem is that I didn't make any backup for my stock one before rooting. Now I would like to now how to back to the status from before rooting. My telcom provider is Era so I need stock Rom branded by Era :/

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Is this the right section for this conversation?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
First post was a question , wasn't it?

This is the "Accessories" subforum.

As already mentioned, if you want a more recent Sense build, flash Virtuous. Its based on 1.85, and has some added features, but really not that modified. Much easier than messing with the newer official ROMs (which are not presently rootable).

MezitiGuY

Mar 8, 2009
how about root without the need to downgrade?

To root 1.82 you must downgrade.
Safest and best way is the goldcard way

I had 1.82 unrooted desire Z
i used the goldcard way.
this link brings you to the topic.
Once you reach the third part.
you have to do following first

Start command promt.
Browse the command to you ADB folder
enter: ADB Shell Chmod 777 /data

Now you are able to pull the misc file from you phone.
This is normally only available at rooted.

now i run Cyanogenmod v7 =)

Kind regards

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Resurrecting a 2-month old thread, posted in the completely wrong subforum, was probably a bit pointless.

Just saying.