[Q] Rooting Chinese Spreadtrum Phone w/ Android 4.0.3

Search This thread

H_Bler

Dec 20, 2012
So,

I've bought an Samsung Galaxy S3 replica (read: fake, and i want only to root it no flash it):
Model number: S930
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.28_P1|sc8810_modem|07-13-2012 16:42:35
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 [email protected] #3
Software version: T300_JYYS930_C3BOM_MLB_V6.6.5_20121105
Hardware version: 1.1.0
CPU: Spreadtrum

When I first plugged it my notebook (Win7 32bit) I've got in the device manager:

Other Devices
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone

I'm trying to root it so I started my research, afts thousands of tests, I discoverd that

Other Devices
- Spreadtrum Phone >> Android Composite ADB Interface (driver instaled with Android SDK)
- Spreadtrum Phone >> SCI General U2S(AT) (COM3) (Google Search: Spreadtrum Drivers)
- Spreadtrum Phone >> SCI Vendor U2S(DIAG) (COM4) (Google Search: Spreadtrum Drivers)

So after all the yellow marks disappeard i've tried almost everything to root it:

- QQPhoneManeger for Android (which recognise the device like: Sprd S930 - allow me to access my "device root" but I can't change anything there, not even copy from it)
- UnlockRoot (which worked in my previous phone MTP65XX also an android replica)
- Odin
- PDA Net
- SparkyRoot
- Z4Root
- Poot-debug + Ministro II
- Instant-root
- Gingerbreak
- OneClickRoot
- SuperOneClick

And recently i've tried the DooMLoRD ROOT v18 - And I've only got:
adb is out of date. killing...
*daemon estarted succefully*

and nothing more, so i've went to search some more, and I've learned how to verify if adb recognise the device.
I added the C:\android-sdk\plataform-tools to my system path and tried the commands
adb devices
my answer was:
*daemon not runing. startin it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully*
List of devices attached:

Nothing, so i've tried
adb shell
my answer was:
error: device not found

So I re-checked all the drivers, unistalled and re-installed.
tried again same thing...

So now i'm stuck, all the solutions that i've fonund for the problem is now coverd

Is there any way to solve it? Or any way to root my device that isn't listed? Or any driver that's better for my device than the one in Android SDK?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the english.

UPDATE!!

Solved, yay!, view solutions below :)

Last edited:

enrique57

Dec 1, 2014
Problem firmware

I have a S930 and accidentally have erased some of the firmware (contacts and calls marker) and is not resolved by restoring the computer to factory mode.
Despite being an economic team, I was delighted with my phone and I want it back, but I can not by any means a new firmware or a backup of the original for reloading.

Some of you can help me? I uploaded other markers and contacts, but do not allow me to add new ones.
The manufacturer does not answer and for someone with the same team should not be difficult to make a copy of the original apk the phone.

Excuse my English, is google translator.

Model number: S930 N8820 I9300PAD
Baseband version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.39|sc6820_modem|12-28-2012 19:51:42
Software version: T300_JYYS930_C4BOM_MLB_W1220P12_V6.8.2_20130313

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So,

I've bought an Samsung Galaxy S3 replica (read: fake, and i want only to root it no flash it):
    Model number: S930
    Baseband version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.28_P1|sc8810_modem|07-13-2012 16:42:35
    Software version: T300_JYYS930_C3BOM_MLB_V6.6.5_20121105

When I first plugged it my notebook (Win7 32bit) I've got in the device manager:

Other Devices
    - Spreadtrum Phone
    - Spreadtrum Phone
    - Spreadtrum Phone

I'm trying to root it so I started my research, afts thousands of tests, I discoverd that

Other Devices
    - Spreadtrum Phone >> Android Composite ADB Interface (driver instaled with Android SDK)
    - Spreadtrum Phone >> SCI General U2S(AT) (COM3) (Google Search: Spreadtrum Drivers)
    - Spreadtrum Phone >> SCI Vendor U2S(DIAG) (COM4) (Google Search: Spreadtrum Drivers)

So after all the yellow marks disappeard i've tried almost everything to root it:

- QQPhoneManeger for Android (which recognise the device like: Sprd S930 - allow me to access my "device root" but I can't change anything there, not even copy from it)
    - UnlockRoot (which worked in my previous phone MTP65XX also an android replica)
    - Odin
    - PDA Net
    - SparkyRoot
    - Z4Root
    - Poot-debug + Ministro II
    - Instant-root
    - Gingerbreak
    - OneClickRoot
    - SuperOneClick

And recently i've tried the DooMLoRD ROOT v18 - And I've only got:
    adb is out of date. killing...
    *daemon estarted succefully*

and nothing more, so i've went to search some more, and I've learned how to verify if adb recognise the device.
    I added the C:\android-sdk\plataform-tools to my system path and tried the commands
    adb devices
    my answer was:
    *daemon not runing. startin it now on port 5037*
    *daemon started successfully*
    List of devices attached:

Nothing, so i've tried
    adb shell
    my answer was:
    error: device not found

So I re-checked all the drivers, unistalled and re-installed.
    tried again same thing...

So now i'm stuck, all the solutions that i've fonund for the problem is now coverd

Is there any way to solve it? Or any way to root my device that isn't listed? Or any driver that's better for my device than the one in Android SDK?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the english.

UPDATE!!

Solved, yay!, view solutions below :)
    SOLVED!!!

I've made it. *so ****ing happy right now*

Solutions:

To - Device adb recognition.

Place Hardware ID VID_xxxx in {user home}/.android/adb_usb.ini.
    Source

Subscribing the adb.exe files Download Here
    Source

To - Rooting

I've used one of the previos methods i've tried

DooMLoRD ROOT v4

Thanks for the tipo karimkahale

And now i'm going to enjoy my 3 sleepless days victory. :D
    Great!! Glad it worked!!
    But just please press the THANKS button, it's much better :D
    Did you tried this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 ?
    Press the THANKS button if i helped :D

HOPE IT WILL WORK !! GOOD LUCK !!!
    thanks for highlighting the "Root Android 4.0 (Novo método) Atualizado x3") i have tried other methods but my internal Memory is Read only and they cant copy the Superuser apk and stuff .Can u please explain to me step by step the way you rooted yours because i think your phone is the same as mine .thanks in advance

Well, I mainly followed what this post says (i'm sure you've done this, but just in case):

1º: Download ADB Drivers (there's a link on the page, i cannot reproduce it here)
    2º: Extract everything somewhere
    3º: Connect your Android device with USB debugging mode enabled
    4º: Open your Device Manager (Control panel > Device Manager )
    5º: Right click your android device (surely there're three of them, in Other Devices as "Spreadtrum phone" ) and select "Update driver"
    6º: Select "Browse my computer for driver software". Then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Then "Have Disk..." and you browse till you find where you have extracted the drivers of point 1.
    7º: Click in next
    8º: The driver gets installed

After everything has installed correctly, reboot your computer just to make sure the driver was installed and loaded correctly.

Place Hardware ID VID_xxxx in {user home}/.android/adb_usb.ini. (Take a look at the three or four first posts of the thread, H_Bler explains this there)

You can check if everything worked correctly with the ADB tools. In a command prompt, type "adb devices" and it should show your device and its number.

Gaining Root:

Download the file Root.exe (it's at the beginning of the article)

Make sure your device is connected with USB debugging mode enabled and open Root.exe
    Everything will follow to a command prompt with a message:
    "script root
    Se a lista de devices estiver vazia, o script nao vai funcionar...
    List of devices attached
    (O seu dispositivo terá que aparecer aqui em baixo)
    Deseja ter acesso root
    [n] Deixar para depois"

Write "s", push enter and the root process will begin...

After all that i got my device with root. I've to say that i had this done twice (dunno what failed at first, but everything went ok the second time), and i had it rooted.

I don't know what more to say, that's everything I did, I hope it works for you.