[Q] Rooting the Huawei Activa 4G from Metro PCS

Search This thread

philliesfan91374

Feb 17, 2011
has anybody figured out how to root the huawei activa yet? i know the phone is relatively new, but i would like to remove all the useless metro bloatware on this phone. superoneclick or whatever its called doesnt work, i have already tried it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

gwade80

Jan 30, 2012
Sup this may help:::

has anybody figured out how to root the huawei activa yet? i know the phone is relatively new, but i would like to remove all the useless metro bloatware on this phone. superoneclick or whatever its called doesnt work, i have already tried it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I just picked up one of these and it's rather different from other Aos phones i've rooted. you need to have SDK installed with Platform-tools
try to put them on C: if not just be able to navigate to the Dir to acess the adb shell. If you need help just google how to acess adb shell and im sure you can find a vid on youtube to help.

Rooting this phone isnt something hard. I didn't make the zip file All credit goes to Vadim for actually doing that. I took the update.zip file from the root method of the Huawei Ascend II and flashed it onto my Activa using adb.

The obligatory "I am not responsible to what happens with your phone and you flash this image at your own risk etc etc.. You all basically know the drill ;P"

Before starting make sure that you have the Android sdk installed on your computer. (I recommend installing it to the root directory of your hard drive)

Also install the USB Drivers by auto running the program when you plug in your phone via usb.
Make sure your phone has USB Debugging enabled

And now the process:
1.Download the update.zip via download link below.

2.Copy the download to the root of your phones SD Card

3.Hop on over to command prompt and go into the platform-tools directory of the SDK 'cd \whatever.path.to.sdk\Android\platform-tools'

4.Run 'adb devices' and make sure your device is there, it should say M920

5. If its there then reboot with recovery. 'adb reboot recovery'

6. Once booted into recovery then use the volume up and down buttons to scroll up and down and to select press camera button and then press power button. (Not at the same time :p)

7. Choose update from SD Card.

8. Choose the update.zip from the root of your drive.

9. After its done then reboot your phone and its rooted

anyway google root activa 4g and theres a youtube vid that will help. =it also can be found here "://androidforums.com/activa-4g-all-things-root/576135-guide-how-root-your-activa-4g.html"

This method does work but the binary is still outdated and Su fails when trying to update it.. but it still runs root exploreer just fine so you'll be able to remove whatever you want. As far as Dev work for this I am still trying to find a custom recovery img and hopeing some rom ports may be available soon. I'll post again if i find anything hope this helps..

(^^)\/

joe7dust

Nov 14, 2010
Any update on this? I know it has been over 6 months, but it still seems to be the only root thread on the Internet for this phone. Haven't tried it yet, but if I am understanding you right then the functionality of this root will be very limited. (no SU at all?)

I'm just wanting to tether it so my wi-fi only Nexus 7 can have mobile data.

Droidavie

Sep 30, 2012
Any update on this? I know it has been over 6 months, but it still seems to be the only root thread on the Internet for this phone. Haven't tried it yet, but if I am understanding you right then the functionality of this root will be very limited. (no SU at all?)

I'm just wanting to tether it so my wi-fi only Nexus 7 can have mobile data.

I just rooted my moms huawei, i am hoping i can find a rom

joe7dust

Nov 14, 2010
I just rooted my moms huawei, i am hoping i can find a rom

Do you need a custom rom just to tether?

Another interesting note: Called MetroPCS about adding hot spot plan for this phone and they told me its not possible and I have to get a Quatro or something... That can't be right can it? I thought all modern Android devices with wifi can make wifi-direct or whatever tethering uses...

midnight581

Jul 10, 2015
how to root huawei without computer

All you need to do is download baidu root from 4shared the one with 2001 at the endorsement it and then press root then your phone :)should be rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sup this may help:::

Ok I just picked up one of these and it's rather different from other Aos phones i've rooted. you need to have SDK installed with Platform-tools
    try to put them on C: if not just be able to navigate to the Dir to acess the adb shell. If you need help just google how to acess adb shell and im sure you can find a vid on youtube to help.

Rooting this phone isnt something hard. I didn't make the zip file All credit goes to Vadim for actually doing that. I took the update.zip file from the root method of the Huawei Ascend II and flashed it onto my Activa using adb.

The obligatory "I am not responsible to what happens with your phone and you flash this image at your own risk etc etc.. You all basically know the drill ;P"

Before starting make sure that you have the Android sdk installed on your computer. (I recommend installing it to the root directory of your hard drive)

Also install the USB Drivers by auto running the program when you plug in your phone via usb.
    Make sure your phone has USB Debugging enabled

And now the process:
    1.Download the update.zip via download link below.

2.Copy the download to the root of your phones SD Card

3.Hop on over to command prompt and go into the platform-tools directory of the SDK 'cd \whatever.path.to.sdk\Android\platform-tools'

4.Run 'adb devices' and make sure your device is there, it should say M920

5. If its there then reboot with recovery. 'adb reboot recovery'

6. Once booted into recovery then use the volume up and down buttons to scroll up and down and to select press camera button and then press power button. (Not at the same time :p)

7. Choose update from SD Card.

8. Choose the update.zip from the root of your drive.

9. After its done then reboot your phone and its rooted

anyway google root activa 4g and theres a youtube vid that will help. =it also can be found here "://androidforums.com/activa-4g-all-things-root/576135-guide-how-root-your-activa-4g.html"

This method does work but the binary is still outdated and Su fails when trying to update it.. but it still runs root exploreer just fine so you'll be able to remove whatever you want. As far as Dev work for this I am still trying to find a custom recovery img and hopeing some rom ports may be available soon. I'll post again if i find anything hope this helps..

(^^)\/