[Q] RPC:S-3 error retrieving information from server

Search This thread

P_Raposo

Jun 5, 2014
Coimbra
All I did was:

Go to settings > applications > Google play store > Force Stop > clear DATA (it'll clear cache too) > open Play Store > Update your stuff.

And it worked like a charm.

andy o

May 6, 2012
All I did was:

Go to settings > applications > Google play store > Force Stop > clear DATA (it'll clear cache too) > open Play Store > Update your stuff.

And it worked like a charm.

I wonder how many of the others who cleard that and Google Services Framework would have just been fine by only clearing Play Store data.

Clearing data for Google Services Framework is a bad idea.

kittuboy

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
I wonder how many of the others who cleard that and Google Services Framework would have just been fine by only clearing Play Store data.

Clearing data for Google Services Framework is a bad idea.
Strange; I cleared Google Services Framework data (before stumbling across this thread) and so far, I have never faced any issues. This should be investigated further, methinks.

Meanwhile, another solution I found:

1. Uninstall all updates to Play Services
2. Clear Google Services Framework
3. Wait for Hangouts to request you to update Google Play Services
4. Update that thing

This, I can confirm, worked without any issues for me.

andy o

May 6, 2012
There may be several different issues with this error. I came across it yesterday and just waited it out. Today Greenify updated just fine.

One-Note Pony

Dec 20, 2008
Since different users have reported different "fixes" resolving the issue (fixes which don't work for others), I have to agree with the above post that there is more than one root cause. A quick summary of various fixes seen in this thread and elsewhere:

• changing your primary Google account password
  • force-stop and clearing cache/data on Google Services Framework, Play Store, and/or Google Play Services
  • wiping cache/Dalvik
  • removing and re-adding your Google account(s)
  • uninstalling Play Store updates
  • updating Google Play manually, e.g. with downloaded APK
  • turning off sync / turning off WiFi/mobile data
  • ROM reflashes or factory resets
  • various combinations of the above, usually with reboots in between

For me, I tried everything above except for reflashing/resetting, and a manual installation of the latest Play Store apk was what finally resolved it. I have no real evidence, but I suspect a pushed Play Store update may have interacted badly with XPrivacy in my case - and although XPrivacy could query for allow/deny on usage, I could not change permissions for Play Store within the XPrivacy app. In other words, it might not be that updating Google Play fixed it so much as the update forced XPrivacy to re-query about all permissions...and this time when in doubt I clicked "Allow." YMMV, but I'm hoping this makes troubleshooting easier for somebody out there than it was for me.

bichpm

Aug 12, 2013
For me, removing the account, reboot, re-adding the account, claring the cache did the trick!

sseng587

Oct 4, 2008
Long Beach, California
tried everything on this thread! Finally got it to work! This coming from a chinese android smartwatch, so it's even more complicated. Gave me an headache, lol!

- Uninstall google play service
- Uninstall google play store
- Update google play service manually( Latest apk)
- Install google play store ( lastest apk)
- clear google play store cache
- Google play store works again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No need to remove the Google account on this problem. It suffices to:
    1. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All
    2. Google Play Store -> Clear data
    3. Google Service Framework -> Clear data
    4. Reboot
    Found at http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/59861/error-retrieving-information-from-server-rpc-s-3
    Try going Settings>Accounts>Google> Tap your account> Three dots in the upper right (or press menu button) "Remove Account" ... then readd your account .. then clear Play store cache and data and try it
    SOLVED!!! Finally! Not sure what the fix was exactly (since I tinkered with just everything in this session) but I think it was removing ALL Google accounts (I had 7 total) and possibly combined with toggling Sync and the clear cache & data trick. Here's everything I did:

Updated Google Play services to 4.1.32 (978161-36)
    Updated Play Store to 4.4.22
    Turned off Sync
    Removed all 7 Google accounts
    Cleared cache AND data for Google Play services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework (I know the Google engineer said not to, but F it!)
    Restarted the phone
    Cleared cache AND data again for the aforementioned apps/services (I'm paranoid/anal)
    Restarted the phone again
    Turned Sync back on
    Re-added just ONE Google account (my primary one)
    Cleared cache and data again (told ya!)
    Restarted the phone again

All the apps that were giving me the RPC:S-3 error have successfully updated/installed automatically. What a F'ing experience!

Well, 'til the next RPC:S-3 (or RPC:S-5:AEC-0) fiasco...
    No need to remove the Google account on this problem. It suffices to:
    1. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All
    2. Google Play Store -> Clear data
    3. Google Service Framework -> Clear data
    4. Reboot
    Found at http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/59861/error-retrieving-information-from-server-rpc-s-3
    Had the exact same issue with my Techno P5 and this solution worked for me, thank you :)
    I have tried that solution also. :( BUT!, About an hr ago it started notifying me that I had updates. Have not seen that in over 2 months. Opened up the play store, and it has mysteriously started working for me on both my devices! Woohoo! Hopefully Google has figured out what when wrong for users like myself and a lot of others and will start pushing out the sync fixes. :highfive:

works perfectly
    turn off you internet
    go to settings > application > select Google play store and Google play service > clear cache
    then turn on the internet .
    fixed