[Q] S-Off Error (Control Bear step)

Search This thread

wassim79

Aug 5, 2010
Greetings,

My problem is that I was trying to unlock my Sensation and everything was going so fine till I reach to Control Bear step the countdown start and it gives (Still No device) I let count again and again with the same result, but unfortunately nothing new (please see this youtube video from minute 7) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwEbh_JsI8) This is exactly what happened with me.
Now my phone is dead and continues in rebooting, I have a custom recovery (TWRP) I tried many time to flash any room but without success, I really tried a lot to search before I write this but I did not get something, I’m a beginner in the HTC custom ROM’s so please if anyone have a solution please let me know.
Can I flash a custom ROM without S-Off by using the (TWRP recovery) because I only found a way by using the 4EXT recovery which I don’t know how to get it in my phone????

I really appreciated all you help.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Greetings,

My problem is that I was trying to unlock my Sensation and everything was going so fine till I reach to Control Bear step the countdown start and it gives (Still No device) I let count again and again with the same result, but unfortunately nothing new (please see this youtube video from minute 7) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwEbh_JsI8) This is exactly what happened with me.
Now my phone is dead and continues in rebooting, I have a custom recovery (TWRP) I tried many time to flash any room but without success, I really tried a lot to search before I write this but I did not get something, I’m a beginner in the HTC custom ROM’s so please if anyone have a solution please let me know.
Can I flash a custom ROM without S-Off by using the (TWRP recovery) because I only found a way by using the 4EXT recovery which I don’t know how to get it in my phone????

I really appreciated all you help.

Start fresh.. Check "flashing toms with Son guide" by asskickar in sensation general section.... Follow that to the letter.. You can do everything from bootloader give that guide a good read first

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

wassim79

Aug 5, 2010
Start fresh.. Check "flashing toms with Son guide" by asskickar in sensation general section.... Follow that to the letter.. You can do everything from bootloader give that guide a good read first

thanks for that, so i can understand that my devise still could work again.
:cyclops::cyclops:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
i found a thread for you:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1661631&highlight=asskickar

this will work with me after what I've did with my device? if yes please let me know from where is should start since I'm a beginner, but trust me i like to learn.. :D:D:D

nope that will be tougher than the standard controlbear method ..also that is only for people who didnt do HTC-DEV unlock ..so it will be hard work for you ..check the auggie2k guide (ive linked in the link you have provided ) if you want to start with SOFF again ..and start from step #1 again

Last edited:
Reactions: wassim79

wassim79

Aug 5, 2010
nope that will be tougher than the standard controlbear method ..also that is only for people who didnt do HTC-DEV unlock ..so it will be hard work for you ..check the auggie2k guide (ive linked in the link you have provided ) if you want to start with SOFF again ..and start from step #1 again

you are really a very kind guy ... thanks and i used the thanks method of XDA :D

i will try to start again by today evening and i will let you know the status :cool:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Thanks for your help.

Do you mean :

•Select "Tools"
•Scroll Down and select "Enable 4EXT SmartFlash"

i did but nothing happend? anything else?:confused::confused::confused:

If you did enabled smart flash and then flashed the rom.. But not booting... Then do the extra #1 step

Reactions: wassim79

wassim79

Aug 5, 2010
Greetings ganeshp & rzr86 ....

thanks thanks thanks for your support... finally i did it, i was only missing one step which is (Flashing "boot.img"), I just notice an error when i finish flashing the ROM say something like you have error in boot it need update ... i forgot exactly the msg but it's something like that...

again thanks for your support ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts