[Q] S6 Demo Unit no rom installed

Search This thread

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
hey

i have a s6 demo unit G920x

i want to install custom recovery twrp but when i do (twrp-2.8.7.1-zeroflte.img.tar) via odin the phone doesnt go any futher than the samsung boot screen (even when i hold the volume up, power and home button)

i managed to go back to the original recover with CF auto root (CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.tar.md5), but when i boot the recovery up, i cant wipe the phone because it is a demo unit (mdm does not allow factory reset)

on the end of the recovery there are also two yellow lines saying '''dm-verity verification failed...'' and ''Need to check DRK first...)

So, anyone know how to get the custom recovery working so i can install a new rom through the recovery, or does anyone has the official fimware for the demo unit

ps. my recovery is LRX22G.G920IDVU1AOC6 and downloadmode G920XXXU1A0BI_LLK (not sure about this one, i red this from the recovery log)

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
allright, found the way to unbrick

even when the recovery is not working;

1. Go to sammobile and download the fimware you think it is the right one (for example, the one matching your recovery)

2. Extract the fimware file

3. You will now have somthing like this G920IDVU1AOC6_G920ICOD1AOC6_G920IDVU1AOC6_HOME.tar.md5

4. rename it to anything shorter (ie ldu925x.tar)

5 download cygwin and install it

6 Move the tar file (ldu925x.tar) to C:\cygwin\home\''username''

7 Open cygwin
and delete all the ''.bin'' files by typing the following commands
tar --delete --file=ldu925x.tar modem.bin
tar --delete --file=ldu925x.tar cm.bin
tar --delete --file=ldu925x.tar sboot.bin

8 Once the last command is done just close cygwin. if you want you can check if cygwin really deleted te bin files, by opening the .tar file with winrar

9 Make sure the samsung drivers are installed on your computer

10 Download the latest odin and unzip it

11 Open odin and connect your S6

12 Click on AP and choose modified .tar file from step 7 and press start
... your s6 should boot a few times, and then start up like new, if not, try another fimware from your country from sammobile

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
no it wont if you do it right. I did this on my own SM-G920X

i would recommend you to go into the recovery mode if you didnt flash a custom one, and see what model customrecovery is on your s6, mine was LRX22G.G920IDVU1AOC6, so i downloaded the matching fimware from sammobile (the one with country unkown)

good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: lite426

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY

i would recommend you to go into the recovery mode if you didnt flash a custom one, and see what model customrecovery is on your s6, mine was LRX22G.G920IDVU1AOC6, so i downloaded the matching fimware from sammobile (the one with country unkown)

good luck

I didn't exactly understand.
Listen: Your story is identical to mine. I bought mine from someone who got it stuck on S6 live demo trying to root it. I flashed exactly the same firmware you mentioned (But different country) without removing the modem or anything (I now have a weird mostly 0 IMEI with baseband) . Can I take a 5.1.1 SM-G920I (same model) and flash it? Thts all. Thanks! :)

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
Listen: Your story is identical to mine. I bought mine from someone who got it stuck on S6 live demo trying to root it. I flashed exactly the same firmware you mentioned (But different country) without removing the modem or anything (I now have a weird mostly 0 IMEI with baseband) . Can I take a 5.1.1 SM-G920I (same model) and flash it? Thts all. Thanks! :)

i think it should work if you use the fimware for 5.1.1 with the same operator and same country you used for the 5.0.2 version

if it does not, and odin gives you a failure, you could always just flash back the 5.0.2 version.

i'm currently downloading the 5.1.1 fimware for my s6, and I will install it later on today, i will let you know whetever it worked or not

Reactions: AndroidState

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
i think it should work if you use the fimware for 5.1.1 with the same operator and same country you used for the 5.0.2 version

if it does not, and odin gives you a failure, you could always just flash back the 5.0.2 version.

i'm currently downloading the 5.1.1 fimware for my s6, and I will install it later on today, i will let you know whetever it worked or not
Thank you :) Waiting...

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
allright, i flashed the only rom on sammobile with country unkown on 5.1.1,
it flashes but it does not go any further than the samsung boot screen, neither goes into recovery, so i flashed back the other old rom.

i looked on the internet and i think my s6 5.0.2 provider didnt recieve the 5.1.1 update, maybe you have more luck on trying it, if anything goes wrong, you can always flash back to the old rom.

anyway good luck

Reactions: AndroidState

lite426

Jul 31, 2012
London

good luck
Please help. When I press volume up, home and power and go into the Android system recovery menu it shows LRX22G.G920XXXU1A0D7_LLK. Which firmware should I download from Sam Mobile? If you could provide the link that would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 597

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
Please help. When I press volume up, home and power and go into the Android system recovery menu it shows LRX22G.G920XXXU1A0D7_LLK. Which firmware should I download from Sam Mobile? If you could provide the link that would be very much appreciated!

you seem to have the original recovery, there isnt a original s6 rom for your recovery

i bought mine without the original recovery and i couldnt get into the recovery, so i fistly flashed the CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.tar.md5 to get a working recovery, but now i cant get twrp to work.

if you really want to get your s6 without the demo software, i would suggest you to firstly try this http://www.naldotech.com/how-to-disable-exit-galaxy-s6-demo-live-unit-retail-mode/

if for whatever reason, that doesnt solve your problem (ie your s6 is not booting or it doesnt work) i recommend to flash the twrp-2.8.7.1-zeroflte.img.tar or the twrp-2.8.7.0-zerofltespr.img.tar (if you live in a country with sprint) first . If you manage to get into the custom recovery you could just flash the fimware in this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-xtrestolite-pure-edition-1-0-beta-1-t3082467

if both of these suggestions are not working for you, you could just do what i did. First flash CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.tar.md5, than download this file G920IDVU1AOC6_G920ICOD1AOC6_COD.zip from this link (http://dl.sammobile.com/M1FbQyA3Ij1...eRUFfXkI./G920IDVU1AOC6_G920ICOD1AOC6_COD.zip) and follow the tutorial i wrote

Last edited:

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
How many storage is there after you flashed the new rom? My concern is if the partition is re-written.

1. Go to sammobile and download the fimware you think it is the right one (for example, the one matching your recovery)

3. You will now have somthing like this G920IDVU1AOC6_G920ICOD1AOC6_G920IDVU1AOC6_HOME.tar.md5

7 Open cygwin

8 Once the last command is done just close cygwin. if you want you can check if cygwin really deleted te bin files, by opening the .tar file with winrar

... your s6 should boot a few times, and then start up like new, if not, try another fimware from your country from sammobile

afehst

Apr 19, 2012

afehst

Apr 19, 2012
So the demo stuff has been get rid of? I heard that on the original demo unit there is only 8 GB left.

No, the demo stuff is not completly gone, at least not the whole partition. Because still 11.41gb is used for the system. But yes. There is more available space to acces for the user;
ty man for your help
i dont know why my phone is 32g but i have 23.4go for systéme and just 8 go for me
and after flash this rom why the nam of my phone is g925i like s6 edge???
and ty another time man

Reactions: lite426

ANKLES

Mar 10, 2013
Hey I followed your instructions and flashed it worked but when I turn it on the touchscreen doesn't work and when it booted up it still says Samsung galaxy s6 demo unit and all my apps are still there. and btw I cant boot into recover only download mode.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Hey I followed your instructions and flashed it worked but when I turn it on the touchscreen doesn't work and when it booted up it still says Samsung galaxy s6 demo unit and all my apps are still there. and btw I cant boot into recover only download mode. I flashed that one.
PDA G9200ZHU1AOCI
CSC G9200ZZH1AOCI
Also is there a way to factory reset like delete all my files from odin

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
Do I need to disable Samsung Demo Mode in order to odin flash anything? It seems usb debugging mode is disabled by the Samsung retail mode (actually the entire developer options is greyed out).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

7 Open cygwin

Thank you very muchi will try it. , do you have the link for "CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.tar.md5" please?

http://download.chainfire.eu/736/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.zip

How many storage is there after you flashed the new rom? My concern is if the partition is re-written.

20gb
    Flash stock 5.1.1 ROM via odin.

good luck

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone