• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Samsung 4g Exhibit framework-res.apk HELP PLEASE ILL GIVE THANKS 2 ALL

Search This thread

thedragons22

May 12, 2012
i have a Samsung Exhibit 4g phone, rooted and backed up by titanium backup. I tried using the kitchen theme stuff, and i copied the original framework-res.apk file to a folder in the sd card . Then i copied the framework-res.apk file from the UOT zip to the location where the original file was and rebooted the phone. Now my phone is stuck at the Samsung logo screen and it keeps looping. anyway to fix this? :/

P.S: the location i copied the original file doesnt show up in the recovery menu when i go to install package. Also, when i tried the downloading mode, it just says downloading and doesnt do anything. Tried factory restore too. The original file is somewhere on the sd card i just dont know how to access it and put it back into its original location.... no i dont have a copy of it on my computer.

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
Follow this guide

If you are in a loop, you have to manage this fast or else it will just reboot again, i suggest a copy and paste function for the third command. also I don't know for sure whether /dev/block/st19 is your /system partition, but i'll try.

Code:
adb shell

Code:
su

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/st19 /system

Code:
exit

Code:
adb push /pathtoyour"ORIGINAL"frameworkres /system/framework

PS, Do this within 15-20 seconds. (You will have multiple attempts as you can do it after every loop)

once you are done, just hard reboot your phone(using power button)

Also you do this in a terminal/cmd window with your phone plugged in.

Reactions: thedragons22

thedragons22

May 12, 2012
wait

If you are in a loop, you have to manage this fast or else it will just reboot again, i suggest a copy and paste function for the third command. also I don't know for sure whether /dev/block/st19 is your /system partition, but i'll try.

Code:
adb shell

Code:
su

Code:

Code:
exit

Code:

PS, Do this within 15-20 seconds. (You will have multiple attempts as you can do it after every loop)

wait, sorry im new to this stuff, but i plug in my phone to the computer and then type all of that into cmd while the phone is turning on right? Ill give it a try, but also, i tried using odin before but my computer just doesnt detect the phone all the drivers are install and everything too... so idk if this willl work but ill try and let you know

edit: i tried it, and umm sorry again for being a noob, i plugged in the phone and the battery screen cameup, i opened cmd.exe, turned the phone on and typed "adb shell" in cmd, but uh it said its not a command...

Last edited:

thedragons22

May 12, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am sorry, I assumed you had installed the Android SDK.
    Google it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
    Follow this guide

Code:
    adb shell

Code:
    su

Code:

Code:
    exit

Code:

Then install the Samsung composite drivers. Google them.

Then retry the process.

I can guaranty that it will work.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium