[Q] Samsung Clear View case scratched my screen

What would you like Samsung to do in order to put this right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jonkong

Apr 13, 2007
Yesterday, after calling Samsung, I was rather p***ed off so I thought I would email the Samsung UK Executive Office. To my complete and utter amazement, I have just received an email from the Executive Office, they have asked for 3 photos to sent and they "would like to make arrangements for the handset and case to be sent for assessment at Samsung Head Office".

lorimott78

May 26, 2015
I have provided photos video and receipts for the phone and the case! I have emailed 3 times and rung 3 times. Do you have the email address for the executive head office?

jonkong

Apr 13, 2007
I have provided photos video and receipts for the phone and the case! I have emailed 3 times and rung 3 times. Do you have the email address for the executive head office?

I used this form, which I got from a Google search, the page should show "Email the CEO". It seems to have worked...

I also included my reference number in the title when I sent it, may help to do the same if you have it.

https://contactus.samsung.com/custo...tionGeneralNew.jsp?siteId=594&PROD_ID=G303850

whatwhatster

Oct 1, 2013
In Holland it is finally sort of acknowledge, I can sent it in for repair and the repair shop will switch the screen under warranty.

It was exactly 2 weeks without any clear answers, I already got my money back for the case by the way.

NinjaLuv

Apr 19, 2015
I was thinking what sucks is that people are still buying this case unaware. I guess enough people will chalk it up to their own incidental damage or never notice in time for it to be viable to pull the trigger and remove that case from shelves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using XDA Free mobile app

jonkong

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks I have just emailed the CEO giving my reference number let's see what the out come js

Samsung UK what my "handset and case to be sent for assessment at Samsung Head Office", leaving me without a phone for god knows how long. They are unwilling to exchange with a loan phone or provide insurance when posting. They are having a laugh if they think I am sticking my £750 phone in the UK postal service without insurance.

Also note they have said they will assess my phone and case, not they are going to repair or replace.

I would be quite willing to do the 60 mile round trip to the nearest service centre (not that I see why I should, it's their fault) for the phone to repaired or replaced and for a refund on the cost of the case.

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Samsung sweden have made an official statement, and tell people to contact them for help. Go sweden :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using XDA Free mobile app

jonkong

Apr 13, 2007
Where can this statement be seen? Or can you post a copy of it?

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app

lorimott78

May 26, 2015
Just had a response from my earlier email to the CEO at Samsung UK he has asked for photos of the screen damage, copies of phone receipt and receipt of the case. Which i have just send on including my YOUTUBE video. Will update when i get a response.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Samsung UK what my "handset and case to be sent for assessment at Samsung Head Office", leaving me without a phone for god knows how long. They are unwilling to exchange with a loan phone or provide insurance when posting. They are having a laugh if they think I am sticking my £750 phone in the UK postal service without insurance.

Also note they have said they will assess my phone and case, not they are going to repair or replace.

I would be quite willing to do the 60 mile round trip to the nearest service centre (not that I see why I should, it's their fault) for the phone to repaired or replaced and for a refund on the cost of the case.

WHAT!!! that is terrible I bet they will say the same to me then! When i first contacted Samsung they stated that i could take the phone to a local approved Samsung repair shop but they will need a authorisation code for them to approve the repair.

Terrible service this is supposed to be a flagship phone utter joke :cowboy::rolleyes:

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
Thats the case for me. My procedure is as follows.

1) Complain at Samsung, got at deal that they will fix it. They said that I'll go to my operator and use them.
2) Went to Telia (Sweden), they in their turn sent it to mobile repair shop (not Samsung themself, but an autorised service center), also got a Samsung Alpha meanwhile to use.
Note: I got an Email from Samsung that I had with me, that clearly says whats wrong with the phone, since it seems fine at a Quick look :p
3) The serviceshop needed an e-mail from Samsung with an order to repair, and also that it's a warranty issue. <-- Not a problem at all to get Samsung to mail that.
5) Wait, and live with the Alpha for a while.

Should be about thesame procedure around the globe. Credits to Sweden that goes out and say something, and give a number for customers to call to get help with it. They do not deny anything. Nice that Sweden is good sometimes :p

Been away for a while, so I checked the service status at their homepage, status: Sparepart orderd. (Crap..) :D I really thought they had screens in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: lorimott78

adzz78

May 25, 2015
I have not had any word from Samsung UK, going to give it until Friday before contacting again. I am not letting this one lie.

This whole thing, how samsung have handled this from a customer relations perspective, has tarnished the Samsung brand for me and this will be the last Samsung product I ever buy, I hope I am not alone in this stance as we can't let corporations get away with such shoddy service.

jonkong

Apr 13, 2007
I am of the same opinion and I have just emailed them and told them such. I have purchase quite a few Samsung products in the past, also recommending that the company I work for purchase Samsung products.

This is my first dealings with Samsung regarding a problem with a product and the level of service is unbelievably bad.

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: lorimott78

lorimott78

May 26, 2015
Same for me not getting another samsung totally disgusting the service well there isn't any service we are doing all the chasing at our expense too. Watchdog should be made aware!

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

sampp

Jan 5, 2005
Update from Dubai, UAE

Hi All,

Just another update here in UAE. I got my Galaxy S6 Edge back from service today, with the screen completely replaced. Yes it now looks like a new phone the back and the front of the phone look perfect as new. And the recommendation was not to use the CASE again and to put a screen protector on it :) ... I am yet to receive a settlement on the case though. I have raised another service call for this, and the vendor said that they would follow up.

gentle doctor

Sep 3, 2011
Samsung Saudi Arabia .. !

I have faced the same problem and contacted Samsung costumer service in my country
and they said it's not gonna be under warranty and the repair charge is under cost !!
wewe need to contact samsung global for this problem and find a solution for it

lorimott78

May 26, 2015
This is the damage to my S6 using the Samsung S view case

Attachments

• phone2.JPG
    phone2.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 266
  • phone3.JPG
    phone3.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 264
  • phone4.JPG
    phone4.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 254
  • phone5.JPG
    phone5.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: DonTampone

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
Emailed Samsung yesterday as it is now 23 days since my first contact and two so called escalated to management and still nothing.

Need to keep the pressure up and get more people in the UK contacting Watchdog.

As a last resort for ~£50 taking these dogs to a small claims court, pretty easy I'd say to prove and even easier to recover (debt collector turning up at Samsung UK)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I have a 2 week old S6 Edge which i fitted the Samsung Clear View case from day one (Phone was purchased from Carphonewarehouse on the 29th April). The screen is now full of scratches since and is bloody annoying the hell out of me. I have contacted Samsung UK and awaiting reply.
    I strongly recommend avoiding this case at all costs. It is expensive and WILL scratch your screen no doubt about that. See attached photos

Anybody else experienced this???
    Samsung Clear View case scratches screen

The same thing happened to mine and my beautiful new S6 Edge looks dreadful. I'm gutted as I've had iPhones for years and never had any marks. Spoke to samsung UK and they were less than helpful saying as I hadn't purchased the cover from them I had to contact the supplier....who were brilliant and have issued me a refund and said I should contact samsung again........but I'm still left with a damaged screen. This product is not fit for purpose as, due to the hard front cover being in direct contact with the glass, when grit or dust get between it rubs around resulting in circular scratched patches all over the screen. The cover shows no marking at all....just the "unscratchable Gorilla glass"!!
    I'm sure when this phone and case combination is used on the beaches during summer there will be some seriously upset people !! DO NOT BUY THIS COVER:crying:
    Any News from u others?

Sent from my SM-G850F using XDA Free mobile app

Samsung UK Head office called me on friday to let me know that they are still not sure how to deal with this matter (replace screen or handsets). They fully acknowledge this is an issue but are still investigating whether the case is at fault or perhaps the screen is. They apologized for the further delay but reassured me that my phone (and others of course) will either get a new screen or replaced altogether and will let me know the outcome one day next week.
    I must say, the girl i have been in touch with from Samsung head office, has been so far very helpful and rang me on a few occasions and updated me with the progress of our claim.
    That's the only update i have so far. The positive thing is that Samsung worldwide WILL replace your screen OR replace your handset. They should come out with a statement, hopefully, next week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    How much did Samsung pay you to post here??? I noticed this is your first post on xda.
    Forgive me if I am wrong...
    i added some picture from my galaxy S6 edge always with his clear view cover from belgium!