[Q] Samsung Clear View case scratched my screen

What would you like Samsung to do in order to put this right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

lorimott78

May 26, 2015
Anyone recommend a good screen protector? I have brought the genuine samsung one but it's crap!!! So my repaired screen is still open to the elements :eek:

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Samsung keep telling me I need proof of purchase for the case to get my screen repaired. As I bought the case on April 13th (it's on my bank statement which they won't accept), I no longer have the receipt and EE don't have it on their systems anymore.

Anyone got any advice?

How about buying a new one and then getting a refund straight away then u will have the receipt?? Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

LauraHalls

May 19, 2015
Montreal
Contacted Samsung Canada today through live chat. They say they still don't do anything about the phone. Their email from VOC said they'd escalate the issue. This was like 2 weeks ago, nothing from them either.

Anyone has the Samsung Canada or Samsung North America CEO email?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Loz1

Jul 3, 2012
Contacted Samsung Canada today through live chat. They say they still don't do anything about the phone. Their email from VOC said they'd escalate the issue. This was like 2 weeks ago, nothing from them either.

Anyone has the Samsung Canada or Samsung North America CEO email?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Go onto the samsung website for your country and look at the contact details you should sent be there for the CEO.

S6 edge Clear View Cover fix. https://youtu.be/lA6giyj1z7U

Loz

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app

sonofyou

May 15, 2015
Issue fixed here

Took my phone to Samsung repair centre on Thursday and picked it up today. Brand spanking new screen and from appearance job well done not a single blemish on device. Was surprised by the customer service assistant who for once seemed totally honest about things regarding this issue. I asked if he had many returned and he said too many for his comfort. The phone did not come back with the screen protector fitted and he told me that they had not been sent out with the screens. I was glad about this cause this meant I could check the screen properly and also gave me 100% right for a refund on the cover which I duly got straight from the shop I purchased it. Did not get the disclaimer letter that was on the service centre notification shown on SamMobile. To all those demanding a new phone I really do wish you the best of luck, but my previous advice stands. You will most probably be more frustrated by the justice system than you are with Samsung repair offer. I have been down that line before with 10k worth of flooring and ended up stressed to the max at how hard it was to claim through the courts.
Thanks go out to you all for posting. I don't think we would have got where we are today if it hadn't been for this forum thread.
Maybe see some of you in an Apple store in the future.

Only joking:laugh:

Yen Chun Lin

May 22, 2015
Taipei
I got the same reply from Samsung Taiwan today. I'm also surprise that he said "they are not aware of the issue and that I should bring the case and s6 edge to the repair center and the engineer will report to the headquarters(No any further conclusion). I told him about all the comments here, it feels like Samsung Taiwan is a totally independent company frome its headquarters and doesn't need to pay any attention on this issue!! His attitude is also very tough and refused to tell his full name(so you Mr. Yao has the right to know my name and you don't have to be responsible for your reply at all?).

After I took the Clear View Cover back to the repair center,Samsung Taiwan has agreed to refund my money. I am satisfied with the service and concern of Samsung Taiwan Customer Service Department!

Iwannagiv

Nov 11, 2012
I have been dealing with Samsung Australia for well over 3 weeks with this whole S-View Case scratching my brand new S6 edge screen.

Their outcome was 'our Technician were unable to reproduce the fault regarding the cover scratching the screen and have advised of No Fault Found '

I asked how they tried to reproduce the fault, to which they advised a certified technician done their job, with no specifics.

Now I am going to get my phone back, still scratched (possibly more due to their 'reproducing the fault') who knows. Shame on Samsung.

Last edited:

Loz1

Jul 3, 2012
Really I wonder why that would be...a better one or did they manage to damage yours when dismantling the handset???... hmmm very fishy. Anyone else I wonder.

Loz

tsw_sweden

Nov 14, 2012
Västervik
I have been dealing with Samsung Australia for well over 3 weeks with this whole S-View Case scratching my brand new S6 edge screen.

Their outcome was 'our Technician were unable to reproduce the fault regarding the cover scratching the screen and have advised of No Fault Found '

I asked how they tried to reproduce the fault, to which they advised a certified technician done their job, with no specifics.

Now I am going to get my phone back, still scratched (possibly more due to their 'reproducing the fault') who knows. Shame on Samsung.

Should be impossible since samsung have decided to change all theese screens!! Wtf are your samsung talking about? Mine got fixed even with knox 0x1 :p

So, override and talk to official samsung. Read sammobile, they MUST replace it..

Iwannagiv

Nov 11, 2012
Should be impossible since samsung have decided to change all theese screens!! Wtf are your samsung talking about? Mine got fixed even with knox 0x1 :p

So, override and talk to official samsung. Read sammobile, they MUST replace it..

This was official Samsung telling me this via email, I sent them the link and the Notice Page, still NOPED out and said No Fault Found, better yet they now want me to contact the centre myself to co-ordinate the return of my device.

There was no further escalation path within Samsung the *GENIUS* I was dealing with was a total idiot (no offence to idiots) and just continued to tell me they couldn't reproduce the issue........

I just told Samsung since you deny the case caused the scratches I will continue to use the case until further scratches occur, and return it again under warranty.

I don't know what else I could do :( I am sooo tired of this whole process it shouldn't be this hard.

Loz1

Jul 3, 2012
You are in the UK ?. Are you dealing direct with the CEO.

My phone is going for a screen replacement as no matter how I tried Samsung wouldn't replace the handset and the Carphone ware house I got it from said it was over 28 days so it's a fix or they would have replaced it.

Samsung has said once it is done send them the case and they will fully refund me. But as I have made my own fix to the case and I like that case I'm going to keep it use it and monitor it. As again since my fix no more scratches to. my screen. :D

Loz

Iwannagiv

Nov 11, 2012
You are in the UK ?. Are you dealing direct with the CEO.

My phone is going for a screen replacement as no matter how I tried Samsung wouldn't replace the handset and the Carphone ware house I got it from said it was over 28 days so it's a fix or they would have replaced it.

Samsung has said once it is done send them the case and they will fully refund me. But as I have made my own fix to the case and I like that case I'm going to keep it use it and monitor it. As again since my fix no more scratches to. my screen. :D

Loz

I am in Australia, I tried emailing the CEO, escalating to management, their Facebook page, absolutely every avenue possible for a resolution and everything has been denied / declined. I will do your fix but it does not help after the damage has already been done.

whatwhatster

Oct 1, 2013
There was a issue in first place because the repair store in Holland wanted the clear case also and I told them the store took it back and gave me a refund right away.

So they said that is your problem no cover is no repair and so I did go back to the store and told them that Dynafix the repair store says that they want the case I got a refund for. They said your case is back to Samsung but the guy walked in the store and gave me a new case to sent it to the repair shop.
The first thing I asked was, are these still sold, why?. The guy told me the issue is known but Samsung still didn't gave notice about the cases not being sold. Really not normal and the bes of luck for the people who will buy it and there screens get raped :)).

Anyway home again I called the repair store I got the case back so where do I need to send it to and they said Samsung gave notice that the clear cover being brought in wasn't necessary anymore and they will repair phones now right away.

So yesterday it got finally repaired and today got a email the repair was done and the phone finally is shipped back :).

I am using a loan phone from Vodafone a HTC One X, what a ****ty phone really and couple years ago I even payed €550,- for it and used it for 7/8 months and thought it was oke :).

Last edited:

lynardo

Sep 24, 2012
Got my S6 back yesterday. They replaced the screen and did a poor job of putting on a screen protector. I got a zagg screen protector and ditched the Samsung case. Got a Case mate naked case instead.

The cost of repair was picked up by Samsung.

Reactions: lorimott78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I have a 2 week old S6 Edge which i fitted the Samsung Clear View case from day one (Phone was purchased from Carphonewarehouse on the 29th April). The screen is now full of scratches since and is bloody annoying the hell out of me. I have contacted Samsung UK and awaiting reply.
    I strongly recommend avoiding this case at all costs. It is expensive and WILL scratch your screen no doubt about that. See attached photos

Anybody else experienced this???
    Samsung Clear View case scratches screen

The same thing happened to mine and my beautiful new S6 Edge looks dreadful. I'm gutted as I've had iPhones for years and never had any marks. Spoke to samsung UK and they were less than helpful saying as I hadn't purchased the cover from them I had to contact the supplier....who were brilliant and have issued me a refund and said I should contact samsung again........but I'm still left with a damaged screen. This product is not fit for purpose as, due to the hard front cover being in direct contact with the glass, when grit or dust get between it rubs around resulting in circular scratched patches all over the screen. The cover shows no marking at all....just the "unscratchable Gorilla glass"!!
    I'm sure when this phone and case combination is used on the beaches during summer there will be some seriously upset people !! DO NOT BUY THIS COVER:crying:
    Any News from u others?

Sent from my SM-G850F using XDA Free mobile app

Samsung UK Head office called me on friday to let me know that they are still not sure how to deal with this matter (replace screen or handsets). They fully acknowledge this is an issue but are still investigating whether the case is at fault or perhaps the screen is. They apologized for the further delay but reassured me that my phone (and others of course) will either get a new screen or replaced altogether and will let me know the outcome one day next week.
    I must say, the girl i have been in touch with from Samsung head office, has been so far very helpful and rang me on a few occasions and updated me with the progress of our claim.
    That's the only update i have so far. The positive thing is that Samsung worldwide WILL replace your screen OR replace your handset. They should come out with a statement, hopefully, next week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    How much did Samsung pay you to post here??? I noticed this is your first post on xda.
    Forgive me if I am wrong...
    i added some picture from my galaxy S6 edge always with his clear view cover from belgium!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone