[Q] Samsung Galaxy S II Freezes on Standby [SOLVED]

Search This thread

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
I would like some help from users having same issues. I bought my SGS II About 3 weeks ago... It was all working fine... stock KG7 not rooted. A few days ago it started doing some weird stuff... like random reboots during standby and freezing unable to turn on unless you take out the battery... tried to restore factory setting i installed the new LightningRom 6.1 and the issue is still there... is there a logging app that can save log before a crash? so i can see what is happening? Or is someone having the same issue as i am. Thank you very much for your time and help :) Cheers

PS. tried to format usb storage and still have same problem... so really don't know what is the problem... :(

I have finally found a solution... installed XXKH3 FW stock, not rooted yet, and installed an application from the android market called Load Monitor

Code:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.landak.loadmon

and enabled only Add Notifications, only notify high load, autostart and only screen on... seems to do the job, no battery drainage and most of all NO SOD (Sleep Of Death) or restarts anymore :)

Hope it helps someone :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: borekon

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
Bump

Bump... Added VillianRom newest version still have the freeze on standby problem.. Apparently when no apps are running it just crashes and i can't turn it on only by going to CWM or odin... and reseting... Any help would be really appreciated

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
Sadly it's not an option for me... i bought it used without warranty papers... it was cheaper... i may have stumbled on a solution... cleared Dalwin Cache and it seems to work good now... we will see in a few days how the situation progresses... i will keep you posted

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
Installed stock XWKF3 AND IT SEEMS to have fixed the prob. Left it overnight unplugged with wifi off and i had a 1% drain of battery for over 8 hours :-D very sattisfied. Installed standard apps now so.i`ll see how it goes. Keep you posted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
Still having the problem... installed lots of apps and some of them are missbehaving... my phone seems to freeze up and after a while get really hot and the battery is sufficiently drained... is there a program that can log what happened durring the freeze up? and save it to view after restart????

I could really use your help guys pls...

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
I have finally found a solution... installed XXKH3 FW stock, not rooted yet, and installed an application from the android market called Load Monitor

Code:

and enabled only Add Notifications, only notify high load, autostart and only screen on... seems to do the job, no battery drainage and most of all NO SOD (Sleep Of Death) or restarts anymore :)

Cheers

Last edited:

dusnoki

Aug 10, 2011
Dublin
dusnoki.net
Had to turn on Wake Lock. That means my phone doesn't go to deep sleep anytime. Tried a bunch of roms and all the same result. Tried setcpu configs of all kinds and nothing still. Still get freeze up and insane battery drain durring deep sleep. What helps is flashing syah kernel an putting min cpu freq to 100 that way not that much battery drain.

Any1 have an idea what to do?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

wafufufu

Jan 11, 2012
k.L
I would like some help from users having same issues. I bought my SGS II About 3 weeks ago... It was all working fine... stock KG7 not rooted. A few days ago it started doing some weird stuff... like random reboots during standby and freezing unable to turn on unless you take out the battery... tried to restore factory setting i installed the new LightningRom 6.1 and the issue is still there... is there a logging app that can save log before a crash? so i can see what is happening? Or is someone having the same issue as i am. Thank you very much for your time and help :) Cheers

PS. tried to format usb storage and still have same problem... so really don't know what is the problem... :(

Code:

Cheers

i also have the same problem on my gt-9100T and still it is still happening. first time it happened when i uninstalled social hubs. at that time i was running lite'ning rom v6.1 and only used the phone for 1 month. then the freeze/ sleep of death occur.
i have tried flashing to stock rom/modem/kernel from intratech thread to no avail.
some people can fix the prob by cleaning the battery contact point. some by cleaning the mini usb port. still no luck for me.
right now running on criskelo latest build (KL1 2.3.6)with T-KL1 modem, siyah .9+ and the problem still persist.
so, installed load monitor and u/v and set the min freq to 100Mhz to preserve battery but still can only last 12hours even unused.load monitor seems to use a lot of juice. very frustrating. i need to tick the wakelock option otherwise SOD right after the screen is off.

I am still hoping someone/anyone who might have the solution the share with us all.
is it a good idea to format /system + /emmc + everything? i have done full wipe, still no good. :(

abeinnz

Jul 23, 2011
Christchurch
i also have the same problem on my gt-9100T and still it is still happening. first time it happened when i uninstalled social hubs. at that time i was running lite'ning rom v6.1 and only used the phone for 1 month. then the freeze/ sleep of death occur.
i have tried flashing to stock rom/modem/kernel from intratech thread to no avail.
some people can fix the prob by cleaning the battery contact point. some by cleaning the mini usb port. still no luck for me.
right now running on criskelo latest build (KL1 2.3.6)with T-KL1 modem, siyah .9+ and the problem still persist.
so, installed load monitor and u/v and set the min freq to 100Mhz to preserve battery but still can only last 12hours even unused.load monitor seems to use a lot of juice. very frustrating. i need to tick the wakelock option otherwise SOD right after the screen is off.

I am still hoping someone/anyone who might have the solution the share with us all.
is it a good idea to format /system + /emmc + everything? i have done full wipe, still no good. :(

I'm having the exact same issue. Some stock ROMs seem ok for a while but the issue always returns.

I've tried literally everything I can think of. Done so many full wipes etc but the issue will not go away.

I feel your pain people!

2dumb

Mar 22, 2012
I have the same problem as you im using what you are thank you for that app.

what ive done

SIM card = Removed
Mirco SD card = Removed

so far no problem

thank you..:)

im trying to get the last thing it did before the phone crashs

Last edited:

Neuralgia

May 3, 2009
I just installed Load Monitor... I just wonder, what exactly is Load Monitor doing? or supposed to do?

This SOD is driving me crazy, I hope it gets fixed :(

RadeonXTX

Apr 14, 2012
Sadly it's not an option for me... i bought it used without warranty papers... it was cheaper... i may have stumbled on a solution... cleared Dalwin Cache and it seems to work good now... we will see in a few days how the situation progresses... i will keep you posted

Do you mean Delvik Cache?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Cheers