[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 lost root while installing android 5.0

Search This thread

jasondutch

Feb 14, 2015
Goor
Hello Peeps,
Yesterday i downloaded and installed Android 5.0.2 on my S2 but i lost my root..
How can i root it again? Just with the latest siyah kernel? or doesn't that support CyanogenMod 12?

Best Regards
Jason

WildfireDEV

May 1, 2013
Hello Peeps,
Yesterday i downloaded and installed Android 5.0.2 on my S2 but i lost my root..
How can i root it again? Just with the latest siyah kernel? or doesn't that support CyanogenMod 12?

Best Regards
Jason
Flash Chainfire's SuperSu zip from his thread on XDA in recovery and you should have root on Lollipop. Google search SuperSu.

Reactions: HUSDOG

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Hello Peeps,

Best Regards
Jason

If it's CM12, it should have root if you previously had rooted your device. Just check in development settings (tap build name 5-7 times) then you will have to find and select root access for apps. Please read the OP if you've haven't already! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Peeps,

Best Regards
    Jason
    Flash Chainfire's SuperSu zip from his thread on XDA in recovery and you should have root on Lollipop. Google search SuperSu.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone