[Q] Samsung galaxy s4 i9505 wifi password recovery

Search This thread

murtuza_tiger

Nov 20, 2013
I've searched all over the net for this problem but to no avail.
I have a Samsung galaxy s4 i9505 LTE android 4.3 which is rooted with Cwm recovery using odin.
So the problem is the only reason I rooted my phone was in order to read the wifi passwords stored in my device (coz mostly my friends enter their wifi passwords and do not show them) but in this phone the passwords inside "wpa_supplicant conf" are encrypted. :/
So I need your help guys .. just find me another way to figure this out..
Thank you

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I've searched all over the net for this problem but to no avail.
I have a Samsung galaxy s4 i9505 LTE android 4.3 which is rooted with Cwm recovery using odin.
So the problem is the only reason I rooted my phone was in order to read the wifi passwords stored in my device (coz mostly my friends enter their wifi passwords and do not show them) but in this phone the passwords inside "wpa_supplicant conf" are encrypted. :/
So I need your help guys .. just find me another way to figure this out..
Thank you

May be its for a reason they dont want to share the passwords? If it was ok to them, then they probably will git it to you. :rolleyes:

murtuza_tiger

Nov 20, 2013
May be its for a reason they dont want to share the passwords? If it was ok to them, then they probably will git it to you. :rolleyes:

It's not really about knowing their passwords it's about accessing them. .
All the other devices I've used which are rooted of course have the feature of reading the wifi passwords stored in them.. except this s4 i9505 which encrypts the passwords. .my question is y and how to solve this..

pandian8552

Apr 20, 2014
coimbatore
This was never solved?

you can install an app called (wifi password) in play store requires root
Which doesn't crack the wifi passwords but it shows the password of secured wifi which you have been connected and saved to your device
This is helpful because in an non rooted phone you cannot see the passwords of secured wifi but can get connected

In this app you can see the saved passwords

Hit THANKS if I helped you

Reactions: SUNUN

smithilberry

Which doesn't crack the wifi passwords but it shows the password of secured wifi which you have been connected and saved to your device
This is helpful because in an non rooted phone you cannot see the passwords of secured wifi but can get connected

but such apps do not seem to work for the galaxy s4... you get random characters when using them

nobody291

Jan 25, 2012
I just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4.2 (on a Sprint L720) and was surprised by this issue too. Even when Titanium backs up the access points to xml, the passwords are still encrypted as a string of hex characters. Presumably they're encrypted by a key specific to each Android install (and not a hardware key)? Titanium will restore all of the access points from the xml, but the password protected ones will not function since the encrypted keys are restored instead of the plain text passwords.

EDIT: I just created an xml from my current install. When I compare the encrypted data for my home network between my old install and new install, the data is different. So, whatever key is used changes between installations.

Last edited:
Reactions: smithilberry

smithilberry

I just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4.2 (on a Sprint L720) and was surprised by this issue too. Even when Titanium backs up the access points to xml, the passwords are still encrypted as a string of hex characters. Presumably they're encrypted by a key specific to each Android install (and not a hardware key)? Titanium will restore all of the access points from the xml, but the password protected ones will not function since the encrypted keys are restored instead of the plain text passwords.

EDIT: I just created an xml from my current install. When I compare the encrypted data for my home network between my old install and new install, the data is different. So, whatever key is used changes between installations.

Interesting find but sounds like this will never be possible for us

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Samsung devices if it shows hex code for password, you need to open /system/build.prop file with a text editor and change the line ro.securestorage.support=true to false and reboot. Now your app shows actual passwords and not hex string.
    This was never solved?