[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Verizon LTE (sch-i905) bricked, no recovery

Search This thread

Juicebox4242

Sep 5, 2013
Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE (sch-i905)
So I got this tablet from a friend who said it was bricked, said I could have it if I got it working. So I plug it in and it turns on no problem, strange. wiped tablet and added a couple apps. Got busy at work and the tablet drain power. That's when I got to see it bricked, but still not sure why it booted for a bit for me.

Symptoms:
Boots to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 splash screen (not the animated one after), sits there for ever.
Boots to Odin update mode
When booting to recovery I get a blank, back lit screen and nothing ever.

I've tried:
-Pushing clockwork mode to fix recovery
-I've had a hell of a time finding stock firmware for some reason (it isn't on sammobile), but I did find one eventually. I pushed it to the tablet via Odin, and it was successful, but rebooted to blank black back-lit screen. Have to hard boot and hold power buttun until I see the splash screen to get that far. I followed the guide on rootzwiki reposted on icsforums - www icsforums com/forum/showthread / 13525 (sorry new member can't post links)
-Followed another guide that involved draining battery completely, no go.

I don't care what firmware I end up on, or if I can use LTE (I won't anyway)

I'm a network engineer so I'm tech savy, but not heavy on Android OS. I'm looking for anything else I can try. I saw another method involving heimdall suite, but can't find the files for my model.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
@Juicebox4242

I had this problem on my gt-p7510...
What I ended up doing was wiping my sdcard..I must have had something corrupt in my file system or a kernel issue( still not sure which )..
Since you have no recovery..I think you can use odin to repartition ( I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THIS IS JUST A GUESS )..I have not tried it..but i will search after this post to confirm..I also believe there is a way using ADB..again not sure..

I just wanted to post this so you would know somebody was looking and to maybe give you a couple ideas to follow up on...I'll search around and see what I find

Edit...I believe ADB will only work with usb debugging checked...But you can flash a stock rom in odin with re-partition checked..you need a .pit file....I think...

Edit...Here is a link to a stock rom thread for you're device..It seems to have helped a couple people with their soft-bricked devices..just follow directions in OP..no repartition checked. I cant even find a .pit file to do a re-partition with for you're device..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342995 Let me know if this works for you..

Last edited:

Juicebox4242

Sep 5, 2013
Thanks for the post!! Really appreciate it.

That firmware is the one I found in the end and tried. Odin pushes it ok, but then still doesn't boot. In fact after pushing that firmware it boots to backlit blank screen, but when hard reset boots to splash screen.

I tried a pit file I found that I thought was the right one, but it failed when I used that so it must have been wrong.

krikara

Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for the post!! Really appreciate it.

That firmware is the one I found in the end and tried. Odin pushes it ok, but then still doesn't boot. In fact after pushing that firmware it boots to backlit blank screen, but when hard reset boots to splash screen.

I tried a pit file I found that I thought was the right one, but it failed when I used that so it must have been wrong.

I have the exact same problem as you, except sometimes I can't my tablet to boot. I know it is a software problem because before I was messing with recovery yesterday, everything was working just fine. All I wanted to do was restore to factory settings and instead ended up bricking the device... If you find / know the answer, please do share.

shawndh

Jul 16, 2007
Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE (sch-i905)
So I got this tablet from a friend who said it was bricked, said I could have it if I got it working. So I plug it in and it turns on no problem, strange. wiped tablet and added a couple apps. Got busy at work and the tablet drain power. That's when I got to see it bricked, but still not sure why it booted for a bit for me.

Symptoms:
Boots to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 splash screen (not the animated one after), sits there for ever.
Boots to Odin update mode
When booting to recovery I get a blank, back lit screen and nothing ever.

I've tried:
-Pushing clockwork mode to fix recovery
-I've had a hell of a time finding stock firmware for some reason (it isn't on sammobile), but I did find one eventually. I pushed it to the tablet via Odin, and it was successful, but rebooted to blank black back-lit screen. Have to hard boot and hold power buttun until I see the splash screen to get that far. I followed the guide on rootzwiki reposted on icsforums - www icsforums com/forum/showthread / 13525 (sorry new member can't post links)
-Followed another guide that involved draining battery completely, no go.

I don't care what firmware I end up on, or if I can use LTE (I won't anyway)

I'm a network engineer so I'm tech savy, but not heavy on Android OS. I'm looking for anything else I can try. I saw another method involving heimdall suite, but can't find the files for my model.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Did you ever get this fixed? I've had the same problem for months. I just gave up and put it away. I recently fixed a Galaxy Tab 2 and now I want to see if anyone else was able to fix this i905 not booting issue.