[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab A [SM-T350] - LF help rooting and backing up of stock ROM

Search This thread

mrpoochpants

May 17, 2015
So I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 SM-T350.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to get it rooted, as well as to back up the stock ROM. I'm pretty new new to android, so I'd like to make sure that I'm able to reverse any software-related damage I might inadvertently do to the tablet, but mostly I'm just looking to root it - and if I can only get it rooted, then I'll just avoid software related fiddling until I find out how to back up the rom. I'm presently running 5.0.2 lollipop.

Thank you for the help!

Mar 15, 2016
Worthington
I too have a 5.0.2 LP and it is easy to root without a PC. Try Googling Kingo Root, v 3.2 is the latest as of now. Back-up first. To point you in the right direction take a look at forums covering T350 root and recovery. Also, Odin and get a laptop.

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
Glad for you. Me? I apparently killed my older SMT 350 trying to root it. Now I can't get the stock firmware back on, I don't have root, and the tab is pretty much bricked. I can't even turn the thing off! I used Odin (which I've successfully used before several times) but the root gods were not with me. Anyone have any idea how I can unscrew this? I bought it in 2017 or so.