[Q] Saving Android Battery Life in FLIGHT MODE

Search This thread

motorh3ad

Aug 26, 2010
Vienna
hallo,

i installed different kinds of android (SD version) on my HTC HD2, lastly i decided to use the MccM HD V6 SD SENSE FROYO and im very happy with that.

but ive got a problem: when im using flight mode while sleeping (usually 6-8hours), the battery loses 40-45% charge.

here is the situation:

- when im turning the device off and on again before using flight mode (means boot to wm6.5 artemis and then launching android, activating sim card and then setting device to flight mode) it tages 3-5% of charge during the night.

- when i do NOT reset the device, just enter flight mode after using the phone the whole day (facebook, google maps, ...) then the battery loses 40-45% charge as said before.

so the problem might be an application, which - once it is startet - always tries to connect when im flight mode. i startet using zdbox with autokill on lock, later also autokill system programs - no sucess.
lately i tried batteriefu, but this only stopped my data traffic/connection right now.

i have no idea, what to do against that. a friend told me, its not necessary to use taskkillers at all in android - whats your opinion?
maybe the SD android is a problem? (when programs use the SD card during night, it drains the battery?)

thnx in advance
markus

ps: sorry newbie, first thread in this board - when im doing wrong, just tell me - it was not on purpose.

Last edited:

johngrant

Nov 20, 2009
Battery drain

wHY NOT JUST SWITCH THE PHONE OFF AT NIGHT????. Am I missing something??

Good luck

Hans Schmucker

Aug 16, 2011
Mannheim
John, your shift key is stuck..

I can't help you directly, but SpareParts has a log feature that will tell you which applications cause the device to not enter sleep mode correctly (wake-lock), using that you should be able to locate the program causing the issue.

Last edited:

VVarboss

Aug 24, 2011
Mankato
glitch.sx
I've heard of roms / kernels taking a couple days to settle before some of the kinks go away, so it might be something of that sort. Otherwise I would assume your phone should be saving power if it's not connecting to networks as frequently

WastedJoker

Aug 11, 2011
I've heard of roms / kernels taking a couple days to settle before some of the kinks go away, so it might be something of that sort. Otherwise I would assume your phone should be saving power if it's not connecting to networks as frequently

Y'know, I thought it was just me thinking this but I have noticed better performance once RevolutionROM has been in for 2 days or so.

{StatuSCheckA}

Aug 20, 2012
Texas
I know there is politics for posting on a old thread but I saw this thread on Google while trying to see if this happened to anyone else.
I would like to report that right before bed I had 22%. My Samsung Skyrocket will eat right through 22% overnight if the cell radio is on. So without rebooting I turned on airplane mode (so I would have an alarm in the morning.) I woke up and my battery was at 28% I couldn't believe it. I will try to re-create this again. This was from 2am to 7am. In my battery details graph it even shows a little "hill" noting the increase.

I did hit the Task Killer button from my ES Task Manager widget right before airplane mode to make sure Facebook and Email were closed.
Any Input?

Last edited:

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Have you tried betterbatterystats? I had high drain with new rom and seems to have been Audiout_2 which was started by the keyboard click. It was on by default in the ROM. Its off now and all is OK. Seems once it starts it must be continuously polling.

Sent from my HD2 using the power of Jelly Bean