[Q] Screen doesn't turn on after screen time out

Search This thread

Utkarsh.bhatt12

Oct 7, 2011
Noida
www.plimblog.com
I'm currently on stock CM11S with TWRP recovery. The phone was working fine until tomorrow. But now whenever the screen shuts down due to screen timeout (or because of me hitting the power button), it doesn't start again. I'm sure that the phone doesn't get turned off because the time when this happened, I was playing music on the phone. The screen won't turn on. Please help.:confused:

mahreeooce

Jan 14, 2015
I had this exact same problem after flashing a CM12 nightly and returning to CM11S 44S.

Turns out this has to do with the proximity sensor becoming bugged. You can check this by going to "Settings > Display & lights" and unchecking "Prevent accidental wake-up". Now your screen should turn back on.
Little tip - if you don't want to reboot in order to get your screen back on you can just plug in the usb cable connected to either to your pc or charger (as long as you have the "Wake on plug" option activated).
Now, before you try the method below, make sure the proximity sensor is clean - so wipe the screen surface, especially in the upper part. People having this problem on other phones also suggested blowing air in the headphone jack, to blow away any dust that may have gotten inside the phone and on the sensor (although I think blowing humid air inside the phone isn't a good idea in the first place). These are probably not the causes in this case, but it never hurts to try.

Anyway, the solution ,as unlikely as it may sound, is over on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57995903&postcount=523

Just download the first modem (XNPH44S - in case it matches your rom) and flash it in recovery.

This solved my problem, hope it solves yours, too.

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
If you flash the same radio as in your ROM it shouldn't make a difference?
I have Calkulin's OnePlus ROM 44S v1.2 so I guess it already has an unmodified 44S radio or am I wrong?

edit :

tried but didn't solve my problem

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this exact same problem after flashing a CM12 nightly and returning to CM11S 44S.

Turns out this has to do with the proximity sensor becoming bugged. You can check this by going to "Settings > Display & lights" and unchecking "Prevent accidental wake-up". Now your screen should turn back on.
    Little tip - if you don't want to reboot in order to get your screen back on you can just plug in the usb cable connected to either to your pc or charger (as long as you have the "Wake on plug" option activated).
    Now, before you try the method below, make sure the proximity sensor is clean - so wipe the screen surface, especially in the upper part. People having this problem on other phones also suggested blowing air in the headphone jack, to blow away any dust that may have gotten inside the phone and on the sensor (although I think blowing humid air inside the phone isn't a good idea in the first place). These are probably not the causes in this case, but it never hurts to try.

Anyway, the solution ,as unlikely as it may sound, is over on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57995903&postcount=523

Just download the first modem (XNPH44S - in case it matches your rom) and flash it in recovery.

This solved my problem, hope it solves yours, too.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone