[Q] searching solution usb host/otg on galaxy ace

Search This thread

virtual_assistant

Apr 13, 2013
Hi (I´m new), this is my first post...

I`m searching for a useable solution to get usb host/otg on my Galaxy Ace. I want to use my phone to control my nikon-dslr. There are apps like dslrdashboard or bbqdslr on the market, but they need usb host.

Using Mardons CM10.1 ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2212438), but it seems that the kernel doesn`t support usb host.

I didn´t find a kernel with usb host, so pls if anybody may help me to get it working.

(tried to post at the thread linked above, but its not allowed for a newbie like me)

nikwen

Feb 1, 2013
Hi (I´m new), this is my first post...

I`m searching for a useable solution to get usb host/otg on my Galaxy Ace. I want to use my phone to control my nikon-dslr. There are apps like dslrdashboard or bbqdslr on the market, but they need usb host.

Using Mardons CM10.1 ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2212438), but it seems that the kernel doesn`t support usb host.

I didn´t find a kernel with usb host, so pls if anybody may help me to get it working.

(tried to post at the thread linked above, but its not allowed for a newbie like me)

Welcome to xda! :D

There is no problem with the kernel.
Samsung did not connect one pin of the USB port to the main board. That is why we will never get a working USB OTG.

(For the future: Please post in the device specific forum. There is a SG Ace S5830 Q&A subforum. It is very unlikely that an Ace owner (like me) will see your posts here. Lucky guy! ;))

JeremYXda

Feb 13, 2014
Hello ! I'm looking for OTG compatibility on a Galaxy Ace too.

There is no problem with the kernel.
Samsung did not connect one pin of the USB port to the main board. That is why we will never get a working USB OTG.

So, it will never work only because the USB device connected won't get powered by the Galaxy Ace ?
If I use a USB device that is powered by another energy source, and have a ROM that allows OTG connection, would it solve the problem ?

(For the future: Please post in the device specific forum. There is a SG Ace S5830 Q&A subforum. It is very unlikely that an Ace owner (like me) will see your posts here. Lucky guy! ;))

Yes, there is actually Ace owners that can see this post, through a google search ;)

S5830er

Aug 7, 2014
USB host mode for Galaxy S5830

Did anyone meanwhile get usb host mode running on cyanogenmod S5830 ?