[Q] security error when swiching on lg optimus black

akii rock

Jan 11, 2013
:( hii.. friends

i am new to this forum..

. plzz any body can help me my phone lg optimus black p970 is not opening ..... whever i open it.. lg logo comes and then under that security error comes and then again it get switch off..... this problem was started when i wass installing clockwordmode recovery in my lg optimus black through my pc.. and that time i was using ics on my lg optimus black v28c i don t know wat happend to my phone plzz help me... and now when i flash any rom into my phone lyk v20g or v30g through smart flash tool itt gets error with some or other reason... its brick or any thing else????plzz help me and reply... soon.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrinmoyy

akii rock

Jan 11, 2013
Don't install cwm on officiall ics.
Use one of the modded/ repacked ics roms ;)
Aaaand this is not the Q/A section...
its not working .... do u have any other way to flash rom without smart flash tool becozz it is alaways showing error when flashing... i think lg has block my phone that s why my phone is not opening and smart flash tool is showing error...

RomWiz

Jan 27, 2012
Helsingborg
its not working .... do u have any other way to flash rom without smart flash tool becozz it is alaways showing error when flashing... i think lg has block my phone that s why my phone is not opening and smart flash tool is showing error...
If you install cwm on officiall (unmodded) ics you will get it, flash v20 with cwm and use one of the ics roms in development section

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011

akii rock

Jan 11, 2013
I'd say he was looking for something like this: http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=1 ;)
Just download any ROM you want, unpack it with the bin/fls extractor (read my noob how to, if you dont know, what it means), patch it with CWM (DONT PATCH v30 VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), flash it using SmartFlashTool, done.
brother i hav downloded version V10D.00 kdz and also got ap and cp files but main problem is that smart flash tool is not flashing any files into my phone it is showing time error and some times any other reason so plzz help ...... give me any tool so that i can flash my files into..... my phone this is the main problem..... :(

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
brother i hav downloded version V10D.00 kdz and also got ap and cp files but main problem is that smart flash tool is not flashing any files into my phone it is showing time error and some times any other reason so plzz help ...... give me any tool so that i can flash my files into..... my phone this is the main problem..... :(
Can you post a log maybe? So we can try to guess what went wrong.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

lucky5trike

Feb 12, 2013
U can fix that secirity error by flashing any other rom like v20g but u have to patch it.. do not do the same with the ics ... i had the same problem

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

Carthus

Jun 23, 2012
your phone shows error by using smartflash tool?when you are in S/W download mode?(pull battery out and press volume + while you plug usb in)
I has never experienced this...

Arohdin

Sep 12, 2011
your phone shows error by using smartflash tool?when you are in S/W download mode?(pull battery out and press volume + while you plug usb in)
I has never experienced this...
I've got the same problem (but with v30b).
Can' start in recovery nor normal; and S/W and installing new software like v20 or v10 doesn't work either.
Soo.... Rocking an old Xperia X10 mini pro until the MWC (mainly samsung and htc) stuff get's to market.

manishsinghon

Aug 25, 2012
New Delhi
Your Solution is here

:( hii.. friends

i am new to this forum..

. plzz any body can help me my phone lg optimus black p970 is not opening ..... whever i open it.. lg logo comes and then under that security error comes and then again it get switch off..... this problem was started when i wass installing clockwordmode recovery in my lg optimus black through my pc.. and that time i was using ics on my lg optimus black v28c i don t know wat happend to my phone plzz help me... and now when i flash any rom into my phone lyk v20g or v30g through smart flash tool itt gets error with some or other reason... its brick or any thing else????plzz help me and reply... soon.....
LG P970: Upgrading to Android 4.0.4 and Rooting
Published on April 29th, 2013 by Hypn. Filed under Android

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I have an LG P970 Android phone… unfortunately LG have taken a while rolling out updates. At the time of writing this post the official software still thinks Android 2.2 is is the latest version available – as it turns out, that’s only for South Africa… some other regions have (“official”) software updates to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

See this link for a list of official downloads: http://www.lg-phones.org/official-stock-lg-optimus-black-firmware-rom.html - note the “V20″ or “V30″ in the URLs/filenames. The “V10″ is the original software that comes on the phone (Android 2.2), “V20″ is Android 2.3.4, and “V30″ is Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4). Depending on the country heading you look under, “V30″ might not be listed. In my case, South Africa, only V10 and V20 are available, and end with the letter “E” – I thought this might be important (and that I could only use other “E” software versions), but it seems to not be as I was able to update with “V30B” and everything seems to be working fine.

Here’s how you upgrade to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) :

Download “LG United Mobile Driver” from http://www.lg.com/au/support-mobile/lg-Optimus-Black-P970 (my mirror)
Download a “V30B” file (see link above) – I believe I used http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/LGP970/ANEUTL/V30b_00/V30B_00.kdz (from the “Europe Open” section)
Download “LG-P970 ROM Converter” from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692191 (my mirror) to the same folder
Download “SmartFlashTool_External” (my mirror)
Install the LG drivers
Run ”LG-P970 ROM Converter” – choose not to patch with CWR (none of my attempts worked)
Turn off your P970 phone, ensure it’s unplugged from your computer, hold down the Volume+ button, and plug it in to your computer (you should see a “Software Update” page)
Extract and run “SmartFlash” (B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe)
Click on the “ROM Copy D/L” tab (top of the application)
Select the “CP bin” file (LGP970_V30B_00_CP.fls)
Select the “AP bin” file (LGP970_V30B_00_AP.bin)
The “COM Port” and “Communication Driver” should auto-select, otherwise you’ll have to try changing these until it works
Click “Start”… and wait for a loud sound of an annoying voice to play when it finishes

If all went okay, your phone should start up in to Ice Cream Sandwich.

To root the phone:

Download “UnlockRoot Pro” from http://www.unlockroot.com/download.html (“Free Download”)
Install it (Custom/Advanced) – make sure you untick the browser toolbar plugin options and click CANCEL when you get the popup message (read it, clicking “OK” installs them anyway), and untick the “lyrics” installation option
Enable USB Debugging on your phone (System -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (at the top)
Run UnlockPro and click “Root” – wait for it to select your phone, then click on it, let it restart your phone and you should be done