[Q] sensation xe s-on, hboot 1.18

Search This thread

sreekes

Jun 25, 2012
chennai
From last October xe is in my hand. Am not getting the iCS OTA update, can I get some stock update which doesn't void ma warranty. Am having s-on boot 1.18. Please suggest me a suitable Rom for iCS with sence..:confused:

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
As far as I understand changing the phone with a rom WILL void your warranty HOWEVER you CAN put the device back to stock if there is a warranty issue and bringing it back to stock then your warranty would be fine and back as long as the device is returned to stock.
So its kind of a price of mind to know
If you want a custom rom you can root your device using revolutionary according to your h boot that should work. S off your device then you can install your rom. Xda has guides on a step by step process to walk you through the entire process. Just use the search you will find it. I hope this helps you out. Best of luck.
Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

sreekes

Jun 25, 2012
chennai
Am new to android device, and with very less basics about it.

What's the s-on & s- off, am still having confusion about it

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
If you don't want to root check your update area on your device it should be displayed in there. If its not arrived yet you will have to wait until your provider sends it out. Otherwise root soff and you can run any ics or 4.0.3 from you like. There are many different roms to choose from depending on your taste. As for stability custom roms are FAR more stable than stock rom so don't worry about that!

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
S off is security off. You can flash easier and have more ability with soff also. Your lucky your boot version is pretty straight forward. Check out the guides. Follow step by step you will be good. Revolutionary will s off for you then you root your device after. Read through the guide a couple of times. What I did was write the steps down so I didn't forget one and follow exactly.

sreekes

Jun 25, 2012
chennai
So before flashing the Rom I must make my device to soff right. I found many Rom's with different utilities, will you suggest some of the best with stock features with iCS

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

boroboy69r

Aug 7, 2011
Middlesbrough
Is it possible to change hboot??

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

Yes once your soff its real easy to do and the advantages you have after rooting you phone are endless, in my own personal opinion i think android revolution is the plase to start for stock rom with all the crap removed that we dont use.

Sent From My Rooted & Booted HTC Sensation XE